• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LrC Second monitor blurry in Ver 10.2 Develop Module

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in the Develop module my second monitor becomes blurry.  This happened at the time of 10.2 update. I am running iMacPro and MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3.  Interestingly, LR system info incorrectly shows I'm running MacOS 10.16.0.

iMacPro 

64GB Ram

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

LG Ultra Fine Display 27in - Secondary Monitor

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 147 Replies 147
147 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this as well. It's been an issue since March. To add insult to injury whenever I boot up my Mac I always get an error msg. "Adobe CC. needed to repair this issue" no mention of what the issue is and no reason why adobe cc uninstalled itself anyway. I was hoping when Adobe went over to the rental business with subscriptions these things should have been fixed immediately. Clearly subscriptions were to the benefit of Adobe rather than the customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Big Sur", not "Big Surf", that's a different California thing! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic Update 10.3 Still not working correctly with Dual Monitors in Develop Module

Continuing the many complaints listed above, the new 10.3 upgrade continues to exhibit the same dual display problem when in the Develop module.  The image on the 2nd monitor is briefly sharp, then blurry - this time it does not rectify itself.

Yes, the previously suggested workaround of going back to the Library and then back to Develop solves the rendering problem - but - really?  Get it to render correctly the first time.

Obviously nobody at LR Development team actually uses the s'ware - lots of complaints and yet the same bug is carried forward!

MacPro 7,1; 96 GB RAM;  ADM W5700X 16Gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know that it’s not fixed yet so that I don’t need to try. Hopefully they get it sorted soon, although one would have thought they would have sorted it by now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappointing to read this. Haven't tried 10.3 myself. Waiting a week or two for any 'bugs' to appear. That blurry second screen is a big bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, I downloaded 10.3, but as Sean Traynor says, the image on monitor 2 still blurs the moment i change from Library to Develop. It's been 3 months. I was hoping it would be fixed by now. I downloaded 10.1.1, again, so I can work with two large monitors.

Fingers crossed it's not another 3 months before another version is released that may or may not have a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem and updated everything again today. System:

Lightroom Classic version: 10.3 [ 202105281559-8dc50eb4 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-US
Operating system: Mac OS 11
Version: 11.4.0 [20F71]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 20
Processor speed: 3.6GHz
SqLite Version: 3.34.0
Built-in memory: 131,072.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 131,072.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 11,408.8 MB (8.7%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 26,655.3 MB
Memory cache size: 1,215.2MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 13.3 [ 807 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 4726MB / 65535MB (7%)
Camera Raw real memory: 4978MB / 131072MB (3%)
Displays: 1) 6016x3384, 2) 5120x2880

Graphics Processor Info: 
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just "upgraded" to Lightroom 10.3 and the problem persists. I have a MacBookPro with two monitors.

Here's how the same picture appears on the Lightroom Develop window and in the second monitor. 
Note that when loading the secondary display briefly appears sharp then goes fuzzy.
Looks like I'm going back to 10.1 again until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with two identical monitors.
NEC 272W  2560X1440@60
m1 mini 16gig 1tb Big Sir 11.4 
Both 10.2 and 10.3 (finally running on the bare mettle so I hate to go back to 10.1).
If I swap the primary with secondary the secondary is always crazy blurry in develop. 
Flip main to grid view 2nd monitor becomes crisp. does not matter which side I put main or second... second is always the one with the blurys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I have problem with sharpnes on the second (Benq) monitor in develop module, but in Library is working fine...  Any ideas how I can fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Minor. But I just noticed the blue lozenge at the top went from 'in progress' to 'acknowledged'. Is that the same difference? Just wondering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@morris here is an explanation for the blue lozenge: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/forum-usability-topics/how-to-reporting-bugs-problems/5... 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I know, Thanks, Rikk...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downgraded to 10.1 on MBP 10.14.6 and I still have the same problem.

How is that possible that Adobe takes so much time to fix such an important issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*PaulGodard Uh, hundreds of millions of lines of code? I don't think it's "we're trying to look bad", because they look bad enough (my screen is blurry!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*PaulGodard 

This probably won't help as it didn't for most folks with the problem but consider updating MacOS to the latest version. The one you are running has memory leak bugs as well. I understand that you might be gun shy about staying current with MacOS but those problems from last year have been resolved. It was a short term quality control problem that they have resolved. And don't run the early MacOS V11 releases, go to at least 11.3 though the latest would be preferred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. It doesn’t help one bit. This problem persists across all OS versions. I run several. It’s more than frustrating. I wish Adobe and or Sppkecwould get this resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has accepted this as a defect and are working on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s good to know. I appreciate the problem may not be an Adobe one but I would criticise their communication strategy.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably is an Adobe bug that is unique to Macs. I don't have the problem on Windows 10 Pro with two 4K monitors. 

When one considers that the market for photo editing software is declining at an average 15-20% per year together with the reduction in still camera sales, I'm surprised at the relatively high level of support that we are getting from the Lightroom developers. I'm sure that the Lightroom Product manager has to fight for every nickel they get to spend on this product. 

Not much of a consolation but just a fact of life in the world of business. Furthermore I expect that the Adobe execs are pressuring the Lightroom team to develop an end-of-life plan. I doubt that our $10/mo can support the product for many more years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sobering thoughts. Thankfully (for now) there are alternatives that increasingly I am using and so ultimately another £10 a month lost…..

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm expecting that Lightroom (& Classic) still makes millions for Adobe, and that ain't chicken feed! But human nature sometimes needs to feel negative about society, I understand that! 😜

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, experiencing this too. For weeks Adobe were in denial, claimed it was my monitor, even though everything else including LR window information displayed fine. Even had an incompetent remote session that messed up my calibrations but fixed nothing. Finally Adobe support acknowledgment and fellow users experiencing the same. FYI users, I rolled back to 10.2 release at the suggestion of support. Same issue exists. Not willing to go back further. Hopefully a fix will be in next update. I'm using Mac Mini, two 27" HD monitors, Big Sur 11.4

Found no lasting successful work around. Pretty much makes the second monitor useless for the time being. Not sure what version this started. Certainly wasn't an issue until recently. Same setup has worked perfectly for time prior.

Keeping an eye incase anyone discovers a work around. Hopeful a real fix is imminent. Good luck + shared frustrations

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Destructo:

I rolled back to 10.1 when 10.2 showed the problem, and again when 10.3 did not fix it. 
I don’t know of anything in the newer releases that are worth having a useless second display for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate