• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Mac) People masks selections are not as expected (Entire Screen or Square Area)

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was originally posted under "Bugs" but I really want this to be answered as a question. I will be happy to delete whichever post doesn't fit under the best category however! Thank you.

When using Lightroom Classic 12.2.1 with MacOS Ventura 13.3 (on a Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 iMac with the AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB and 72 GB of memory)...

I am getting the entire image selected when I try to use the "Select People" then choosing "Entire Person." Lightroom Classic allows me to individually select the hair, teeth, eyes, etc. as usual but when trying to select the entire body, the whole screen gets turned pink to indicate that the Lightroom thinks that the whole picture is the person.

I've attached two (redacted for privacy) screenshots of the "Subject" masking that still works as it should and the "Entire Person" mask that shows where the entire photo area has been selected incorrectly by the AI.

Anybody have any thoughts? Thanks!

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Ventura 13.5.2 updated graphics and audio drivers! Masking is working again for me! How about you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Setting status -matching to existing investigation ticket. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 202 Replies 202
202 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michelegranja - the difference between the original incident and your rude and impolite behavoir is: the first incident affected ALL systems - not only some. So it was clear that the problem had to do with drivers from MacOS. This time only some systems were affected - others with the same system configuration were not affected at all. 

One last word: impolite and flaming guys like you destroy important communites like this one. It's about time that you improve your language to others and find a better way to communicate. We are all not here to listen to your uneducated shouting if someone posts an answer you don't like. Don't be that agressive. We have all the same rights here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Andreas29710925mack You are the one name-calling and finding aggression where there is none. (Aggression and frustration are very different things.) I’m not a guy, I’m not uneducated, and I find it ironic that you are lecturing me about "shouting about posting answers I do not like". Move on. I felt your response with the acreenshot unnecessary - I’m sorry if that hurt your feelings. Maybe I was extra touchy because of the frustration with the issue, maybe it was the way you worded it, maybe your tone was misconstrued - who knows. The point is that it's not nearly as deep as you are making it. I’m not going to call you names or insult your intelligence over it. I hope you have a great day and I hope none of us have reasons to need this forum again for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate