• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: No photos in selected folder (Mac)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have over 60,000 images on an external hard drive.  Today when I opened Lightroom and tried to navigate to a recent image using the Navigator Panel, the folders and subfolders are all showing the numbers of photos inside the folder, but when I click on a subfolder it says "No photos in the selected Folder".  When I check the Finder they are there.  If I go to the highest level of parent folder on that external drive all 60,000 images are showing at that level and I can scroll through them.  But when I drill down to any lower level that the very highest, they are not there.  I have not done any moving of files or folders in the last several months and up until today everything was working fine.  I have not installed any new plugins or done anything out of the ordinary with Lightroom recently.  Any idea why this is happening and more importantly how I can fix it?  I've included a couple of screenshots to show what I'm talking about.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Logged bug
Attached catalog
Setting status to investigating

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

We have a bug logged for this. At this time reverting to 12.1 should restore immediate functionality until we can release an update. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 153 Replies 153
153 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem and have been tracking this post to learn & try things.  Nothing works so far.Screen Shot 2023-03-18 at 11.08.29.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-18 at 11.08.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@markh93268350, have you rolled back to LR 12.1? That has helped many with this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I had 12.2.1 installed for windows and this morning I added 2700 new photos and LRC and I had the little icon on the thumb nail  that the photo could not be located.  I rolled back to 12.1 and the issue went away. will wait for update. Think this is simular (sorta) to mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to roll back to 12.1 for some reason.  If I open v12, the same problem occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my hard drive in order to have more storage space for my photos.  I backed up my Lightroom Classic catalog file, added the new hard drive, and ended up creating a new catalog and importing the backed up catalog into the new catalog.  Since then, several strange things have occurred.

1.  The number of photos listed in each folder in the left-hand sidebar is incorrect for several folders.  If I export from one folder to another, the number of photos in the folder does not change.

2. When I export to another folder, I used to see the photos immediately after the import in the new folder.  Now I get a message that there are no photos selected.  If I change to another folder and go back, all photos appear in the folder except the ones that I just exported into it.  I have to exit the program and restart it for the photos to appear.

3. When I import from a card from my camera, the photos will show up in the folder but the number in the left-hand sidebar for the folder is '0'.  If I delete any photos, the number does not change unless I move to another folder and come back.  but the change is a negative number reflecting the number of photos I deleted.  Sometimes after I exit the program and restart it, the number in the sidebar will change to reflect the correct number of photos in the folder, but other times it does not change.

I'm running the software on a Mac with OS Monterey 12.6.3.  I have 32 GB of memory and AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB graphics card.  Lightroom Classic 12.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged this bug, affecting a fair number of users. I'm guessing that, given the severity and number of users affected, it will be fixed in LR 12.3. LR typically releases every 8 weeks, which means we expect to see 12.3 in 2-3 weeks.  (I have no inside information.)

Meanwhile, roll back to LR 12.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When any folder on the hard drive containing images is selected grid view, shows “No photo selected” but the correct number of images is displayed next to each of the folders.

However, in the Catalogue main folder, the All Photographs, All Synced Photographs, Quick Collection +, and the Previous Import folders display the appropriate photographs.

Was running Lightroom Classic 12.2.1 on MacBook Pro M2 Max OS Ventura 13.2.1.

Have granted full disk access to Lightroom Classic and other Adobe Apps.

I've rolled back to 12.1

Any suggestions or shall I just wait for an update.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged this bug, and rolling back to 12.1 is the simplest workaround.  We might expect to see 12.3 in the next week or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The April 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 12.3

macOS 13.2.1

Despite updating to Lassic 12.3 Lightroom Classic continues to show No photos in selected folder.

Result is that I cannot see the images in any of the folders on my drives.

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 2.16.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 12.3 it worked again for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to macOS 13.3.1 but problem still persists.  Not sure if this is relevant but I'm on a MacBook Pro M2 Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this problem (on a Mac OS 13.3.1) since updating from 12.1. Updating to 12.3 did not solve the problem. Newly imported photos do not appear in my LrC folder, though they do appear in the correct folder on my hard drive. Awaiting further info in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 12.3

macOS 13.2.1

I seem to be back in business with Lightroom Classic 12.3. I've had it running while I've been working in ACR and Photoshop. And then suddlenly poof and the "No photos in selected folder" disappeared and all my images show up in the right folders. So I'm not sure if it was just a matter of letting Lightroom do it's thing or if I inavertently clicked something. But it sure has been a frustrating time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@robertb93217781, are you storing photos on external hard drives, or just the Macintosh HD main drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only on my MacBook Pro HD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If useful to the conversation/solution, I save mine on an external HD

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@robertb93217781, make sure you've granted LR Full Disk Access (not Files And Folders) permission:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, LR has had full disk access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also continue to receive the "No photo selected" message, in spite of upgrade to 12-3.  My catalog did not upgrade along with the software upgrade.  Catalog still titled v12-2.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You catalog is not supposed to upgrade when you upgrade Lightroom from 12.2 to 12.3.  V12-2 does not refer to Version 12.2 but means you have upgraded from V11 to V12 twice for some reason unknown to me. The second time you upgraded the system added '-2' in order not to overwrite the existing 'V12' file.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate