• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: No photos in selected folder (Mac)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have over 60,000 images on an external hard drive.  Today when I opened Lightroom and tried to navigate to a recent image using the Navigator Panel, the folders and subfolders are all showing the numbers of photos inside the folder, but when I click on a subfolder it says "No photos in the selected Folder".  When I check the Finder they are there.  If I go to the highest level of parent folder on that external drive all 60,000 images are showing at that level and I can scroll through them.  But when I drill down to any lower level that the very highest, they are not there.  I have not done any moving of files or folders in the last several months and up until today everything was working fine.  I have not installed any new plugins or done anything out of the ordinary with Lightroom recently.  Any idea why this is happening and more importantly how I can fix it?  I've included a couple of screenshots to show what I'm talking about.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Logged bug
Attached catalog
Setting status to investigating

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

We have a bug logged for this. At this time reverting to 12.1 should restore immediate functionality until we can release an update. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 153 Replies 153
153 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the help of David at Adobe support, I discovered that my catalog was corrupted.  Created new catalog, and problem solved.  Unfortunately, our conversation ended before I could thank David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jumping into the conversation, I v encountered a simialr problem, and haver now for days tried solving it. My images /photos ar eon th Macbook pro's harddrive(previously imported through Lightroom Classic), But now no photos dispaly? I v updated ym Macbook to be able to post prcess the XH2S Raw files, but neither they(after the import), shows, or any rmeain images still present in ym Photos folders. Dumbfounded, and frustrated beyond myself

Votes

Translate

Translate