• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Opening photos in Photoshop from LrC using Edit In does not work correctly for some operations

LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom CC2015.7 and Photoshop CC2015.5.1

1 )If Photoshop is CLOSED and then I "Open as Layers ....." the computer will just sit there doing nothing.  If I click Photoshop to open it then the operation will complete and the photos will be layered.  I THINK THIS IS BUGGY BEHAVIOR

As a side note, this BUG affects the Panorama and HDR the same way.   Photoshop has to be opened manually.  The "Open as Smart Object works correctly.

2) If Photoshop is OPEN and then I "Open as Layers ...." the photos will open as layers in Photoshop

3 )If Photoshop is CLOSED and I  "Edit in Adobe Photoshop ..." Photoshop will open and the two photos are loaded as separate objects.  This is the expected behavior.

I think this is a change in behavior in Lightroom CC2015.7

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
81 Comments
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last updates seemed to fix it for a while, but the same work arounds still work.  Try again or open PS first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which behavior are you seeing? This specific issue was fixed in 6.8. Are you seeing this issue instead?: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-cc-2015-8-edit-in-photoshop-cc-2017...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Not that.  For me it seems to be the same issue this thread is about but less often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue ever been resolved. I am having the same problem and none of the workarounds mentioned work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having the issue where I can’t open an image from LR in to PS. When I click edit in PS it opens desktop assuming I want to edit an image from there.
I spent 45 mins on hold with adobe yesterday then was told I’d get a phone back. 90mins later I tried again and again I was told I’d get a phone back within 2-4 hours. I’ve heard nothing after spending 6 hours at home on my day off. I have the latest versions of PS and LR, LR classics and the LR cloud version but it’s not syncing ... very frustrated. I did also uninstall PS and reinstall but this didn’t help either. Thoughts ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Can someone please please help, I have been running LR5.7 for a while and only very recently obtained PSCS6. When I select "edit in CS6 " I get that same error message "the file could not be edited ......." Im running Win10. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated/.

Votes

Translate

Translate