• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Preferences > Presets shows "Please wait while loading camera models" indefinitely when no raws

LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you do Preferences > Presets and check Override Global Setting [sic] For Specific Cameras in a catalog that contains no raws, the message "Please wait while loading camera models" incorrectly appears and never goes away. This fools some users into thinking that LR is just slow and that camera models will (or should) eventually appear:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/please-wait-while-loading-camera-models...

When there are no raws in the catalog, this message should be displayed: "The catalog contains no raw photos, so the list of cameras is empty."

johnrellis_0-1650406186951.png

Tested in LR 11.3.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. The update contains a fix for this issue.  Please download and the latest version of your application via the Adobe Creative Cloud Application or your respective device app store.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Note: App store availability can take several days for the update to appear and be available. 

T

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Investigating - added bug number

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just recieved my new Mac Studio Ultra, I immediatly installed Lightroom & Phothsop. Opened Lightroom, Preferences > Presets > select "camera settings" from the drop-down, then check the "override the global setting for the specific camera" and then lightroom says to "please wait while loading camera models" and that's as far as I get.

It has been saying "please wait while loading camera models" for 5 hours !!

So I grabed my laptop, tried the same process there and still the same issue!! 3 hours and still saying "please wait while loading camera models"

Any help would be highly appreciated, This is very important Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 6.02.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a new Catalog? Have you imported any camera files to the Catalog?

TBMK The Camera selection will only show cameras for files that exist in the catalog.

For example: This is my limited list of cameras for photo files in my laptop catalog-

Rob_Cullen_0-1650397818931.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on Rob's reply, it's a bug that "Please wait" will appear indefinitely whenever the catalog contains no raw photos.  I've filed a bug report:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/preferences-gt-presets-shows-quot-please-wait-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Investigating - added bug number

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. The update contains a fix for this issue.  Please download and the latest version of your application via the Adobe Creative Cloud Application or your respective device app store.

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Note: App store availability can take several days for the update to appear and be available. 

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rikk, I think you accidentally pasted the SDK-update message in this thread.  The bug described here was fixed by LR 11.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate