• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print module list of page sizes doesn't update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic's Print Module, the Page Setup pop-up menu that lets me select a paper page size no longer changes when I switch printers. This used to work (I have been printing in LR for years) and I can still print to the printers. I just can't tell LR the page size I want.

I have no issues in other apps (PS, QImage, etc) which correctly show me the list of supported pages sizes. Indeed, LR seems to know about the options as the "Printer..." dialog has a Scale to fit paper size option that is correct. It just looks like the Page Setup list of print sizes never gets updated and stays on the "Any Printer" default list.

I'm on a recent Macbook Pro M3 running current Sonoma (14.4) , latest version of LR (I tried deleting, re-installing, installing prio version, rebooting laptop, updated print driver, and anything else I could think of to no avail). Main printer I use is a Canon Pro 100, but same issue on another printer. And as I say, PS (etc) has no issues.

I can partially get around this with custom page sizes, but I can't trick the printer into doing borderless prints that way.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

5/09/24: (Update)   Anecdotal reports indicate that Beta 4 of macOS 14.5 corrects this issue. 

Previous:
Note: We are tracking this internally but are dependent on the OS manufacturer to supply an update. 

This thread will be notified when there is a change. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

With the release of macOS 14.5, this issue should be fixed. Please update your Macs to this version of the OS.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 120 Replies 120
120 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

All of a sudden Lightroom Classic doesn't show all the paper formats in Page Setup for my Epson P700 printer. No A3+ anymore.

On the printer itself it shows the A3+ as well as in Epson Print Layout but not in Lightroom on my iMac.

I have the idea that it shows some standard paper format window. (see photo)

Anyone an idea why?

LightroomClassic (13.2) and iMac (14.4.1) are up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went away on vacation and had not printed for about 6 weeks. Tried to print today and having the same problem on a Mac Studio M2 Ultra running 14.4.1 and LR 13.2 trying to print on an Epson Stylus Pro 3880. I get the same abbreviated Page SetUp menu with limited choices (no 4x6 or 5x7) as posted by thecav although it did import my prior custom setting of a 17x25 size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally the Rt margin is unusually 0.56 and cannot be set to 0.25 as the other three margins and as others have mentioned borderfless printing is now not available.

Big Problem!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My initial post unfortunately did not post so I will repeat. I was on vacation and did not print for the last 6-7 weeks today I tried to print in both LR and PS and in both for me I get the abbreviated Page Setup menu others have posted missing 4x6 and 5x7 sizes and missing borderless printing. I am running Mac Os 14.4.1 on a Mac Studio with M2 Ultra and LR 13.2 and PS 25.6 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just released an update for Photoshop today, but still no sign of LrC....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this did not affect PS. All paper sizes were still available there.

**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series<br />**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)<br />**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800<br />>**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.5), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE<br />**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series<br />**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)<br />**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800<br />

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know. I was calling attention to the frustrating irony....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beim Drucken aus Lightroom Classic 13.2 unter MacOs Sonoma 14.4.1  ist die Auswahl der Ausgabeformate eingeschränkt. A2 fund alle Randlos Formate fehlen. Drucker ist der Epson SC-P900. Der Treiber ist aktuell 13.08 von Epson.
Unter Photoshop sind die Formate noch vorhanden.IMG_3831.jpegmate noch vorhanden

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LRC on MacOS 14.4.1, in the print module, under Page Setup->Paper Sizes, I'm missing all the common US sizes aside from Letter and Legal. When I look at paper sizes in Photoshop I see them all, but most are missing in LRC.  I tried talking to an adobe support agent and he said to reset all my preferences which I'm not doing. The paper size list must be somewhere in /library, I just need someone smarter than me to know where to look.

Here's the paper sizes dialog in LRC compared to PS. You can see all the US sizes at the top of the PS list are missing from LRC list of paper sizes.  I'm also not getting the flyout next to each paper size allowing for borderless printing.  I'm using a Canon PRO 300 printer, which allows borderless printing.  I was printing borderless printers last time I was printing, which is why I'm so confused why it's not working now. I'm hoping if I can resolve the missing papers riddle, it will resolve the borderless printing issue.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 3.48.23 PM.jpgScreenshot 2024-04-12 at 3.48.55 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem, there is an extremely long thread about it here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-print-module-list-of-page-sizes-doesn...

I don’t think there is a clear solution yet, unless I missed it. The problem isn’t happening in most apps, but because some are reporting that this problem also happens in Capture One and a few others, it’s unclear whether the fix requires an update from Apple or an update from affected app developers…we’re still waiting for an answer. The only thing we know for sure is that it started happening after installing a recent macOS 14 minor update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Depuis la dernière mise à jour (de macOS ou de LrC) je ne trouve plus les tailles de papier de mon imprimante DNP DS620 dans le menu mise en page du module Impression.

Je retrouve les tailles de papier dans les menus des autres applications comme Aperçu.

Je cherche à imprimer sur du 6x4 pouces ou du 6x8 pouces. Le menu dans LrC me propose A4, US Letter...

Avez-vous une idée ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been over a month now and still crickets from Adobe? Not really acceptable for a piece of software sold on a subscription model...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It remains a big problem for me as I print everything through LR.

As mentioned above we at least deserve an answer from Adobe.

I also have Luminar Neo, the page setup dialog is identical to what we previously were used to seeing.

Therefore this is indeed an Adobe problem. For me the truncated foreign looking page set up menu is on both LR and PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing images from  Lightroom continues to deteriorate and is now unusable. It's BROKEN. I have two big problems:

a)  Since Ventura was released 18 months ago I have been unable to use printer presets and colour managment has been hit and miss in it's operation.  Whilst I have a work around that allows me to print I find the urgency in finding a solution unacceptable. It's still unknown whether this is a Epson, Adobe or Apple problem and as far as I can see no official acknowledgement has been given by any of the parties involved. 

b) When Sonama 14.4 was released I also started  experiencing the same issue with the loss of paper sizes and borderless printing. Custom paper sise are a partial solution but so far I have seen no workaround for borderless printing. I have to agree with Charles - It's not acceptable  to release untested software to users especially on a subscription basis. I would go further and suggest that until the printing issues are resolved Adobe should consider reducing the costs of the Photography plan subscription. Posting issues on forums and discussing issues with the big 3 does not work. May be a loss of revenue will prompt Adobe into taking actions to resolve the issues.

Apple, Adobe, Epson  Please be honest with us. Acknowledge issues and give us confidence a solution is being sought,

For reference I'm also seeing the same missing printer pages issue when  printing from Microsoft Office so its not Just a Lightroom issue. I'm beginning to think that Apple have changed the API calls for printing and the Lightroom engineers have  failed to implement  the changes correctly. 

Interestingly all of my Apple apps print correctly.

MBP, M2 Pro, 32GB Ram, 4TB SSD, Sonama 14.4.1

Epson SC-P600 Printer,  Epson driver 12.62

Lightroom Classic 13.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no problem printing from most Microsoft Office apps - tried Word, Excel, PowerPoint. All paper sizes are there and it reflects what each of my printers are capable of.

OneNote is an outlier, with no way to set any page size. Likely always been that way. I can control media feed for my Canon office printer, but not Epson SC-P800.

Apple apps are OK.

Photoshop is OK. (export to PS from LrC) - Single image, no picture package/contact sheet.

Epson Print Layout is OK and in many ways more than OK (export plug-in from LrC) - Single image, no picture package/contact sheet.

LrC & Acrobat are not OK except if you create custom media. You can create borderless sizes and I have down so, but they may not work as expected (no expand/overprint)

Capture One has been reported as not OK - I can't verify that

>> LrC, etc. page size issue reported on pretty much every printer, not just Epson. So you can stop blaming them. This seems to be an Adobe problem as PS works fine. LrC team needs to talk to the PS folks.

**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series<br />**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)<br />**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800<br />>**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.5), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE<br />**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series<br />**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)<br />**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800<br />

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just checked MS Office applications again.

Word  and outlook -   lists the  wrong paper size options

Excel - lists correct paper options

OneNote – no option to set paper size

PowerPoint -  limited options on paper sizes (no borderless options)

Clearly the issue affect different people in different ways.

Fair comment regarding Epson especially if most  printers are affected with the page size issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see in PowerPoint when I select my Epson:

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 4.42.32 PM.png

OneNote has very limited print support regardless of this issue, but there is an option to go to Preview which does show all the paper sizes.

Here's what I see in Outlook - separate function for Page Setup which shows all paper sizes including borderless, and some random ones too:

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I updated to Sonoma 14.4.1 Lightroom lost the paper sizes I use to print (4X6, 8X11, etc) has anyone gotten the same? how did you solve it

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem I've read on this thread. Is there a solution for this yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5/09/24: (Update)   Anecdotal reports indicate that Beta 4 of macOS 14.5 corrects this issue. 

Previous:
Note: We are tracking this internally but are dependent on the OS manufacturer to supply an update. 

This thread will be notified when there is a change. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending time online with Epson and with Adobe, the issue has been reported since the newest update of the Apple operating system and many people have reported it. For now, when you are in the prinrt mode of Lightroom, click on "Print Settings" in the lower left and then go to the "paper handling" selection.  Make sure "scale to fit printer size is turned on."  The next line below this is "destination paper size," and when you click on this the entire list of paper sizes is visable.  You can now choose your paper from this drop down list and it works just like it should. In the meantime, the bug causing it will hopefully be corrected int he next update of the Apple operating suyustem or the next Lightroom update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, actually it doesn't work as it should. Yes, you can see all the paper sizes in the Print Settings dialog if you click on Scale and adjust it there. But the print is still limited to the short list of papers. For example, in Printer Settings, I set a 13x19 borderless paper size. The Print module still thinks I am using letter size paper and the maximum print size is just that minus 0.12 inches for borders. And Page Setup doesn't give me a 13x19 option.Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 1.48.16 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-18 at 1.49.05 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-18 at 1.50.01 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-18 at 1.51.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on my PC (upper level Dell).  Very limited selection of paper print size, so I am unable to print what I need.  I have tried many variations in getting to the normal way I have selected paper size for printing. So frustrated.

Looks like this has been going on for over a month!

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this same problem is happening on a PC then this may be an Adobe problem or one involving both Adobe and the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page size menu is my Lightroom Classic module is missing.  I have consulted with tech support twice and was told that there is a bug in the app that is being worked on.   It's been more than a week now and I still cannot print from Lightroom.  I was told to print with Photoshop as a work around.  I can do that, but it doesn't offer the options that Lightroom does.  I would appreciate some help with the problem or information about when it might be fixed.  I have attached a screen shot of the page size options in my menu.  

Lightroom Classic

macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate