• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Problem when viewing images and video full screen (F key related)

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6. (Standalone) W8.1 Pro. Hp, intel i7 3.3 16g mem.

1. Pressing F locks lightroom in full screen. Only way is out is using task manager to close lightroom. Tested on two different computers, same results.

2: Playing video in full screen mode, locks up lightroom, video does not scale correctly. Test on two computers same results.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015
This is fixed (again) in Lightroom 6.3, which is now available.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
73 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oliver:If you can't help people on here Amen then don't say anything. It sad for 3 months no one gave me an answer.on how to fix it.I found out how to do it myself a few hours ago. I'm not going to share that information with anyone. just because we are on a site , is a far cry from calling it family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done for tracking down the solution Jeffrey! Sorry we couldn't provide you with the answer you needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SORRY, DIDN'T MEAN TO UPSET YOU. I WAS JUST AGREEING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest update of Lightroom 6.2.1 When I use the F Key to view image full screen from within Develop module I am unable to exit the full screen image and have to force quit Lightroom and restart. I have experienced this with both the MAC (El Capitain) and Windows (7) versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me also. Check to see if they have an even more recent update. I found one in my Adobe 'app' and that seems to have helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Debby - What is the version number of your most recent update? I just updated yesterday and the problem has indeed returned...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked within the app and the Creative Cloud Home and my system is current, 2015.2.1 and indeed the problem has returned. And I'll bet we have to live with it for months!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to revert the CC version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John. I think I do sense some performance improvements in 2.1 so I may hang in there for a while. If it gets to be too annoying I now know how to revert! Thanks again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Chuck. I was having the 'F' problem in any, or no tool in Lightroom before.
Went back to check again.After updating, I am still have a problem with freezing using the spot removal tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Program gets stuck in full screen view - after I hit "F" to view an image in full screen, I can not get out without force quitting the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just worked with an Adobe associate trying to figure out what the problem is. We spent an hour replicating the issue and trying various fixes. Nothing worked at all. Still freezing on fullscreen, mostly in the Develop module and after cloning or healing. This is getting to be ABSURD adobe. How has this issue not been fixed yet?

System:

OSX 10.10.5

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB (Drivers up to date)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to note that we had this problem with version 6, and it was fixed in 6.1, Now the smart guys at Adobe released 6.2.1 and reincorporated the bug that they had already fixed!! Guys just go to your files and find the fix for haven sake, and release an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a function that has worked for years and break it. Then fix it. Then break it. Adobe = Absurd, indeed.

BTW, that sounds like a heck of a system you have. I've got a MacBook Pro 15" Retina with the 2 GHz processor and only 8 GB of RAM. I can go get a cup of coffee when I Export more than a few files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks bud. Yeah it's a beast yet LR freezes on full screen. It's like driving a Lamborghini in a school zone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 2015.2.1 release

Develop Module

Select Spot Removal tool.

Press 'F' for full screen view. Lightroom locks in full screen mode (without the tool available for use), or sometimes freezes between screens.

Can only recover by using command tab to switch to Finder, then force quitting Lightroom.

Happens consistently when I carry out the above sequence of actions.

Late 2014 Macbook Pro, 3Ghz i7 processor, 16GB ram.
El Capitan 10.11.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fixed (again) in Lightroom 6.3, which is now available.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! Although it still knocks you out of Spot Removal or Adjustment Brush. I can live with that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using LR 6.3 Standalone Version. I keep it updated.

When I hit F for "Full Screen Preview" the screen flashes between full screen preview and a black screen. It seems to get caught in a loop flashing back and forth.

If I hit F again a box comes up with an option to Wait of Exit LR. This makes LR just about useless when I have to keep closing it down.

I am not using Spot Removal or Adjustment Brush. This happens when I just want to see pics Full Screen after edits. Also when cropping then hitting F to see how it looks in full screen when it locks up. Esc does not help.

I have read thru these posts for an answer. No help.

It seemed to start happening once in awhile, now happens almost every time I go Full Screen. How can I stop this from happening?

From all the posts here this seems to be an ongoing problem for years.

Also I started with the trial version online then bought the standalone version. I keep getting emails to try LR online again? I am Registered but Adobe does not seem know that I have the Standalone Registered Version?

Thanks, Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing exactly the same as Rick describes above in CC 2015.3 on Windows 10 - the only reliable way I've found to avoid it is to switch out of develop before hitting F.

Would be great to get this fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest updated LR 6.3 which has resolved, as far as I am concerned, all the problems/issues raised by Rick. I have been using all the tools available in the Develop module and switched to full screen and back without encountering the lock up problem.

I am using Windows 10 and replaced a week ago my hard drive with a Solid State Disk (SSD) and boy what a difference in performance! Specifically with Lightroom. Best investment I made lately.

Antoine

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Ben, I am afraid this is not fixed. I am running the latest version of CC on a Dell XPS 15" (late 2015 version 16GB, 1TB SSD) running Windows 10, and clicking F often causes problems, sometimes the screen flickers fast between the photo and Lightroom, and I have to crash the page. Zooming in and out when in full screen mode is stuttery and slow, and clicking F again to get back to development mode/library is also slow. This used to happen on my old laptop (windows 8.1) and I put it down to the lack of pc power, however I am now running Lightroom on a high end laptop and still the problem persists. There are other performance issues as well. Please stop pushing out enhancements and work on producing a smooth stable platform, with noticeable performance improvements. I have the greatest respect for Adobe and the power they give photographers, but one of the biggest reasons of lightroom's continued success is that there is no real competition out there that offers the same functionality, but not addressing continued issues of bugs and performance issues will alienate patrons and at some point the competition will surpass Lightroom. Patrons hear the increased profit notifications from Adobe, mainly down to the subscription service, and expect an increased service.

Votes

Translate

Translate