• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Process of building 1:1 previews stalls

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently tried to verify integrity of my 50000+ images by discarding all old 1:1 previews and rebuilding new ones. However, on my most recent images – shot in 2018 and 2019 – the process of building new previews stalled at some point and the application froze. I’ve since been able elucidate which were the trouble-some mages: a couple of .mov files from 2018 and then all 2018 and later shot DJI drone video files made the process stall. No earlier video files caused the process to stall. Contrary, Lightroom reported previews to have been built.

My workaround to still verify all still images was finally by excluding the 2018 and later video files from the preview building.

Is this a bug? What to do about it? Building new 1:1 previews of all files are after all the best way of verifying their integrity, if I've understood things correctly.

Would you need copies of any of the troublesome video file?

All best from Sweden,

Bosse

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue. Thank's for pointing out video files caused this. I've done some tests and it also fails on .mp4 files. I'm just filtering out images from videos before rendering 1:1 previews.
Any ETA for a fix ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is this issue still happening with Lightroom Classic 9.4?

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the rendering of 1:1 previews stil stalls when a .mov file is in the selection.

I can't help being surprised of
1) Adobe not being able to test this out. It's not like it's difficult to replicate as you only need  one image and one .mov file.
2) The dalay with with this issue is handled, having this issue reported one year ago, being acknowledged, updates released without fixing the issue. This leads to wonder what kind of QA Adobe has in place and where the priorities lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was reported in 2019, LR 10 has been released but didn't fix this bug. WHEN can we expect a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This bug was already reported before but seems to have been left behind when migrating from getsatisfaction.

Rendering previews (Library > Previews > Build 1:1 / standard previeuws) stalls when a fideo file (.mov, maybe others ?) is in the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select a whole bunch of images and select Build 1:1 Previews and a video happens to be in that selection (I know the 1:1 makes no sense for video - but you can select by mistake) then LrC will go into a continuous CPU processing state and never get to the end of the Build Previews process.  Usually ends up as "not responding" and I have to kill LrC and restart.  Feels like it's in some sort of loop

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

It's a longstanding known bug whose fix is trivial but hasn't been prioritized by Adobe. The workaround is to filter out videos before invoking Build 1:1 Previews:

johnrellis_0-1662135537200.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have filtered out videos, and I still have this issue. LR will go non-responsive when trying to build 1:1 previews. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Spectrum300, the other posts in this thread are caused by including videos in the selected photos, and your issue occurs even when no videos are selected. I recommend you start a new thread -- be sure to include lots more detail, including the output from Help > System Info.

Votes

Translate

Translate