• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unable to advance to the next photo

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why no one writes about the fact that in develop mode, after any manipulation with a photo, it is impossible to go to the next photo in the feed? You go, but the photo remains the same as it was, you have to go back and only then go to the next photo. This is a global problem!!  Anyway, I did some research and I realized why many people are silent about it, because this problem occurs only when using the +\- buttons on any keyboard, even on macbook !!!!. If you use only mouse or touchpad, there is no problem with photo transition. That's why many photographers don't pay attention to it, because they don't use the keyboard. Therefore, ADOBE does not react in any way.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Greetings all,

The Lightroom Classic Team has just released version 13.0.2 with a fix for this issue. 

(Note: this release contains no additional bug fixes or new camera/lens support.)
See: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/fixed-issues.html

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud application, you can refresh the app by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

We thank those who’ve v

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 395 Replies 395
395 Comments
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SeanMcCormack  I see your point, didn't know the chat system. I apologize!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DdeGannes 

"" A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to try under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as a result""

In the Creative Cloud app you should see on the "Apps" section "Apps on beta" .
But Lightroom does not have this. Maybe because of the catalogs . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: In the develop module, when advancing to the next image, Lightroom sometimes fails to display the next image and instead shows the previous image.

The correct image does flash briefly, but is then replaced with the wrong (previous) image.

Advancing another image forward and then backing up again almost always gets the correct image to display.

• Lightroom Classic Version Number: 13.0.1
  • OS Version Number: macOS 13.6 (Ventura)
  • Processor: 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
  • GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
  • RAM: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Steps to reproduce:

1. Activate the Develop module
  2. Edit an image and then advance to the next image using right arrow or mouse click

Expected result
: Next image will be displayed in main window

Actual result: PREVIOUS image displayed in main window.
Note: This is intermittent behavior/soft error. It doesn't happen all the time. It does seem to happen more when you are rapidly moving through images than it does when you go from image to image more slowly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rafael _ Oz , I know what Prerelease and beta versions are. In my earlier post I asked a question of  a specific user what he was referring to as a beta. I did not know if he considered LrC 13.0.1 as a beta release.

On the particular issue raise by you, Lightroom Classic does have Prerelease applications however it's not available to all users.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I face the same issues with -/+ keys when making adjustments.

The workaround as explained by Sameer has not fixed this issue. My workflow seriously depends on this and it has impacted my efficiency by a huge margin. I really hope this is corrected very soon.

one way I have noticed (which works but is a very slow process), is when using the -/+ keys to make your adjustment and then quickly advancing to the next image, pausing for 2 seconds for that adjustment to kick in, it will then allow you to move to the next image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

我也遇到一樣的問題,我只能重回版本12.5的懷抱

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another observation for Adobe which I hope will help in solving this bug. If I have a new collection with no edits applied, just imported and smart previews generated, then there is no issue moving from one image to the next in develop. I can't get the bug to show. It is only when I start to apply any edits that the bug appears, and it does so straight away. So it must be connected in some way to the previews and how they are indexed perhaps, as once you start to apply any adjustments, that's when the bug appears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Team,

Please find the below errors which team is facing right now while using LR 13.0.1

• After opening the LR 13 catalog and going to the Develop mode, editing panel (right hand side) reflect/show a bit late than usual/previous LR catalog versions.

• While editing an image and move to the next image, previous image still exist on display (instead of getting change quickly) and unfortunately changes are getting done on the next image. see the attachment

• Some times gets corrupt in between while using the LR 13.0.1 - We need to restart from scratch which doesn't make sense of using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here. and it definitely not the smart preview preferences. The problem was made worse when i update my Mac OS to sonoma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Lightroom v13.0.1, there's a problem where edited photos don't immediately save, and when trying to navigate to the next photo, the changes aren't reflected. Users need to manually return to the previous photo and try again to get the edited version to show up.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Edit a photo.
  2. Click 'Next' to move to the next photo.

Expected Behavior: Edited changes should save, and the next photo should display those edits.

Observed Behavior: Edits don't save immediately, requiring users to go back to the previous photo and then try to navigate forward again.

Frequency: Happens consistently.

Impact: This disrupts the workflow and is a usability issue.

System Information: Apple iMac 24' M1

Troubleshooting: Restarted Lightroom, checked for updates, and tested on different devices.

Additional Info: No error messages. Not sure when this issue started.

Conclusion: This is a significant problem affecting the user experience. It should be addressed promptly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC 13.0.1

MacBook Pro M2, Venture 13.6, 2 monitor setup, LRC main window is on external 27" LG.

I selected a series of images to view in Survey view on MacBook screen and view images on my external in Loupe view. I either click the arrow to move to the next image (or mouse click on the next image) and the image in the Loupe view does not change. The survey view on my MBP still shows the three images that were selected a while ago. It keeps the same image in that mode making it impossible to edit. It doesn't matter now what image I click on in the row of images across the bottom, can't recall what that row is called, it will not change the image above in Loupe view. If I arrow click to go to the next/previous image it has a selection of images that I had chosen an hour ago that includes the first 2 images and the very last, or 242nd, image in that row of images across the bottom.

So far I've:

Clean Lightroom Install Procedure

Close Lightroom

Restart the computer

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud App to uninstall Lightroom

Restart the computer

Install Lightroom via the Creative Cloud App without launching any other programs.

Restart the computer

Launch Lightroom

Wait 5 minutes

This resulted in zero changes to this behavior, in fact the wierd behavior listed last above was actually selected (the 1st two and 242nd image) before I did the re install of LRC.

I'm assuming this is a bug.

~ Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be sure, my issue is NOT in the develop mode, it is in the Library mode. Update to issue though, I moved the main window of LRC to the MPB (it was on the external monitor). I set the main window to survey, external monitor to loupe and it is working as expected. So it seems to have something to do with dual monitor setup and main LRC window being on the external monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The work around seems to have worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES.  I have the same problem with 13.0.1.  

This is very annoying and slows productivity.  Please, can you fix this ASAP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is doing the same for me.

When moving between photos. I port new photos and start going through them. Before 10 minuutes Lightroom first freezes and then shuts down. I can open again, but this keeps reppeating. Windows 11, 16GB RAM, 12 GB video ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.
Appeared with the update to version 13. Disabling the "Use Smart Preview image for editing" option helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite interesting that when I turn OFF graphics acceleration not only does the delay go away but the denoise feature continues to work as fast as when graphis acceleration was enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wrong. The problem remains, it just appears less frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been having the same issue even before the last update of lightroom which was today, it's really tedious and need a fix for it ASAP as it's gotten way worse with the last update 

i use embeded previews and still it happens 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sameer K Can we get any indication of how soon this bug will be fixed?  The workaround you've suggested is not viable for those of us who are volume photographers, editing hundreds of photos every day.  This bug is a big impediment to a productive workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11, LrC v13.0.1, here's the scenario

Editing panel, I select a photo, i edit the photo, I click the keyboard's right arrow to move next, in the strip below the next imge is selectted, editing data and file name etc. are of the next picture but the previous picture is still displyed, I need to click again next and back.

This started with v13.0.1
You can see from attached video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Smart Previews instead of Original for image Editing for me is laready off and i still get the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody help me please?

Even my friend has the same problem even though she uses LR classic on PC (I'm on Mac Sonoma) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Let us know if setting GPU Preference "Off" makes any difference. (Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor  )

For me, the problem was improved (but the catalog was still slow) when I changed th GPU processing settings to custom and checked the boxes below that say "use for photo processing" and "use for export". That being said, shortly after I this I updated my Mac Os from venutra to sonoma and the probelm returned. When I try to change the GPU preferences to custom now, it doesnt help AND the check boxes underneath are totally greyed out.

2. Also if you do not edit an image and simply go from one image to another. Would there be problem too? Is editing an image causing this issue?

problem still persists if adjustments are made or not. for me, it seems to be in develop mode as a whole.

3. Apart from mouse click, does using arrow keys has the same behavior? mouse clicking in the filmstrip to go to the next has helped with the issue of previewing the wrong images but  the entire program is still very slow. The speed of mt workflow is dependent on using the arrow buttons on the keybord to make adjustments and toggle through images so Im really hoping this is an easy fixand its done soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it dosen't work 

Votes

Translate

Translate