• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unable to advance to the next photo

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why no one writes about the fact that in develop mode, after any manipulation with a photo, it is impossible to go to the next photo in the feed? You go, but the photo remains the same as it was, you have to go back and only then go to the next photo. This is a global problem!!  Anyway, I did some research and I realized why many people are silent about it, because this problem occurs only when using the +\- buttons on any keyboard, even on macbook !!!!. If you use only mouse or touchpad, there is no problem with photo transition. That's why many photographers don't pay attention to it, because they don't use the keyboard. Therefore, ADOBE does not react in any way.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Greetings all,

The Lightroom Classic Team has just released version 13.0.2 with a fix for this issue. 

(Note: this release contains no additional bug fixes or new camera/lens support.)
See: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/fixed-issues.html

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud application, you can refresh the app by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

We thank those who’ve v

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 395 Replies 395
395 Comments
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Giovanni Stoto , ok the main reason most users are unlike to open the thread is Rikk Flohr an Adobe Employee has indicated that a fix for the issue raised in the thread was released a  day or two ago.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DdeGannes apologies but I'm lost. In which thread did he say that and the fix for what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread "Re: Unable to advance to the next photo."

It's the post by Rikk right after the initial post.

IMG_0008.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DdeGannes yes this I know. But when I asked Rikk to have a look at the performance thread I opened, he said that what the "experts" were suggesting me sounded reasonable and all needed there. But I don't agree, cos I started having performance issues (mainly sliders freezing) right after upgrade, no change in hw, so I still believe, like many, the problem is LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I am suggesting is it's better to create a new bug report. Just my humble opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je rencontre un problème avec Lightroom 13.0.1 sur Mac Sonoma 14.1.2

Lorsque je suis en mode Développement, lorsque je passe d'une photo à une autre, (par exemple en effactuant un quelconque réglage), la photo affichée n'est pas la bonne alors que la miniature sélectionnée est bonne. Il y a un bug, qui affiche la photo précédente au lieu de la dernière version de la photo sélectionnée. J'ai essayé d'optimiser l'album, de regénérer différents formats de miniatures, etc. 

Je suis sur Apple M2 Max avec 32Go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@StefaanVMN Its been fixed in today's LrC release (13.0.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@StefaanVMN , There is an update to LrC two days ago that addressed this issue.  The new update is LrC version 13.0.2. Install the update and advise your experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having used 13.0.2 for a few days now, the issue of not being able to move to the next image seems to be resolved, HOWEVER, I have noticed an incredibly annoying new bug, which I will also post as a new bug report. 

Occasionally, when I press the cursor to move to the next image, it jumps to the last image in the collection, and so I have to scroll back through thousands of photos to find the one I was previously working on. Has anyone else experienced this? It is happening around once or twice every 5 minutes and is incredibly frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mijbil250456 I haven't experienced that one yet, but for what it's worth, in other situations where I'm looking for the last photo I was working on, I go to the Library module and sort by Edit Time. That'll point me to the spot I want to be in, as the image I want will be either first or last, depending on Ascending or Descending order. Then I'll select the right one and change back to my normal Capture Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still dealing with this. I never thought I'd switch to capture one but I cannot work like this. It takes 3-5 minutes to go to the next image... that makes my work so much more bc I'm just sitting here waiting and wasting my time. I'm sick of this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@axdn  If you are still experiencing this issue and you have installed 13.0.2,  you have a different problem and should not be posting in this thread. I recommend starting a new thread with complete details so that you can get proper assistance. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues and it's making Lightroom unusable. People are suggesting upgrading to 13.0.2 - would thta be for Mac? I can't find anything beyond 13.0.1 for PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forget that. I've become so confused by this issue, that I've even lost the ability to read version numbers. I'm on 13.1 and experiencing all manner of probelms with the develop mode - so many I can't begin to describe them. Is anyone seeing extremely random behaviour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davef52684003 You may be better off start a post per issue. If it's common, it will get merged to an exising bug. 

In the meantime have you tried resetting preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sean. I did try thr reset, but it didn't fix things, unfortunately. The only thing that has helped - though not completely - is disabling the GPU.

It's proving rather difficult to isolate the individual issues, as they're all interlinked. The common thread is that the problems only occur when in develop mode - the same actions work fine in library mode.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davef52684003 If turning off the GPU helps, then having the System Info will give clues. Is your graphics driver up to date? If you're on Mac is macOS up to date? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davef52684003 

If you have not tried this. Try to create a new catalog and then import your old catalog into it. I was having random crashes and issues until I did this. It is covered in a different post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I checked was the graphics driver, Sean. My desktop is getting a bit long in the tooth and the GPU is as old as the rest of it, so I accept that may be a factor here. But it was working fine up until recently and the problems I'm seeing are diverse, rather obscure and not all speed related - most of them relate in some way to selecting images from the filmstrip while in develop mode. What's more, although disabling the GPU improves matters, it's still far from perfect.

Given the age of my PC, I've decided to replace it anyway and I've got our local IT shop working on a quote 8)

Thanks for your suggestions, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick

I'll give that a try, while I'm waiting for my shiny new desktop to be built (see my previous post). Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate