• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unable to import from direct connected Nikon

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem just recently started. I believe I upgraded my Mac M1 to Ventura and updated Lightroom to the latest version since this stopped working. I have no problem using Nikon transfer to transfer the images from both cameras. 

When I select Add Photos in Lightroom then select Connected Devices (Lightroom does recognize both cameras when they are connected), I see the camera flashing its green indicator as it typically does to reflect that Lightroom seems to be reading. While it is reading, Lightroom displays the message "No images can be imported...." Prior to this issue, that message would be displayed until Lightroom finishes reading the camera or camera card. Now that message remains indefinitely. 

So I am wondering if there was something in either the OS update or Lightroom update that has caused this to stop working.  

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Updating status and adding bug number to thread.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Greetings all, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Monday night, December 12th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
110 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue importing images from my Nikon D750 after recent update LrC and macOS Ventura 13.0. Turned on "full disk access" which didn't help. It all worked the day before the update. Now there's just a spinning wheel and it's not recognizing the pics on my camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue Ventura 13.0, Lightroom 12.0.1 and can't import photos.... worked perfectly prior to 12.0.1 import and re-index of the catalog.  Image Capture works fine and import from hard disk works as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Mac OS 13 has broken LR's importing from cameras directly connected with USB cables via the default Picture Transport Protocol (PTP).  This is likely a Mac OS bug (Mac OS and Windows provide the PTP implementation).

A Leica user reports that changing the camera's settings from PTP to Mass Storage Protocol worked around the problem.  Unfortunately, I think Nikon dropped support for the Mass Storage Protocol years ago. 

The workaround is to use a card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're importing from a camera via a USB cable. There are lots of reports coming in that's broken in Mac OS 13.  A workaround is to use a card reader instead of a cable.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Ventura 13.0 on an M1 Mac Studio, Lightroom Classic 12.0.1, Nikon D850. The program recognizes the camera, but claims there are no photos, either on the XQD card or the SD card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add to the chorus. I am having the same problem after upgrading to 12.0.1.  I can't import photos from anywhere, including folders on my hard drive. An additional piece of information pointing at Lightroom is that I was still running Monteray when I updated Lighroom, and the import problem began immediately after updating lightroom. I tried updating my Mac to Ventura, and it made no difference. I did check to verify that I have "Full Disk Access" turned on. I am going to revert Lightroom to the prior version so that I can actually use it. Another question I would like to add to this thread as we wait for a solution: is anyone *not* having this problem? Are we just an unlucky few or is this problem more widespread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick update: installing a lower/previous version did not fix the problem. I then completely uninstalled Lightroom and Lightroom classic, and then reinstalled classic and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tracey,

l too am having the same problem. But l can import straight from my camera to icapture, then transfer my images into Lightroom.

l agree l ready do hope they fix this asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that suggestion. I tried doing the same but it didn't work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's no good. Does icapture not see them?

Lets hope Lightroom fixed this asap, because we r paying for a service that technically is not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to import on LR classic (newst version on iMac) my latest fotos on from my Nikon D850. In Source ist shows the camera but in the photo selection no fotos are shown. I did not change any settings. Anybody can help? Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more info. LrC version number and your macOS version number.

Are you referring to tether capture or import?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.3.1,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing via a USB cable connected to the camera and did you recently upgrade to Mac OS 13 (Ventura)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also update to Ventura recently? Apparently something changed that makes direct camera connections not work on Ventura with Lightroom. Until this is fixed, you can try making sure you have full disk access enabled for Lightroom (see the thread in this forum on that) but you might need to just use a card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the attached screen shot for known issues with Ventura and LrC 12.0.1.

867B7233-F701-4D57-B9B0-1E90B554AB8A.jpeg

Capture from LightroomQueen wed site.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.3.1,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My d850,d500 and d7500 doesn't work either, what l do is l transfer my images into icapture which is on ur Mac then import them into lr that way.

Not a good look for Lightroom at all, need to fix this asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC Version 12.0.1 and macOS Ventura 13.0. I'm referring to the import function

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have recently upgrade to Ventura and am importing via USB cable

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"yes I have recently upgrade to Ventura and am importing via USB cable"

The evidence indicates that Mac OS 13 broke the ability of some existing apps, not just LR, to talk to cameras via USB cable.  Nikon's own apps and Capture One are also having issues, according to google searches.  So unfortunately, you'll have to wait until either Apple releases a patch or Adobe figures out a workaround.  

In the meantime, the only Import workaround known for Nikon cameras is to use a card reader. With at least one other camera, a workaround was to switch the camera to Mass Storage Mode, but evidently newer Nikons don't support that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps there is more than one problem contributing to this discussion, but I had import problems after upgrading to Lightroom 12.0.1 *before* I upgraded to Ventura, so I don't think we can just point the finger at Apple. I upgraded to Ventura as a possible fix, but that didn't work. I was only able to resolve my problem by uninstalling Lightroom and Lightroom Classic, restarting, then reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No puedo cargar en LRC estos tipos de archivo. Agradeceria cualquier aclaracion al respecto, y, en su caso, si hay prevista una solución y plazo de implementación de la misma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@juanm46302605 wrote, "Mac Os Ventura incompatibility with raw from Nikon and with dng from Samsung s22 Ultra. I can't upload these types of files to LRC. I would appreciate any clarification in this regard, and, where appropriate, if there is a solution planned and its implementation period."

Your post may have been incorrectly merged into this thread.  Troubleshooting steps:

1. Are you connecting the Nikon and Samsung to your computer with a USB cable?  If so, there is a known problem with Mac OS 13 doing that, as described in this thread.  The only known workaround is to use a card reader or Wifi upload.

2. If you're not using a cable, make sure you've granted LR Full Disk Access (not Files and Folders) permission:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

3. If neither of those help, please start a new post and provide much more detail about your problem, including the precise steps you're using to import the photos, the Nikon camera model, what you're observing on the screen, etc. Do Help > System Info and copy/paste the entire results into your reply.  Screenshots often help greatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating status and adding bug number to thread.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a data point, photos show up and import normally from my Nikons with Lightroom Classic 12.0.1 on a older iMac running Big Sur. For my iMac Pro running Ventura 13.0.1, I have the No Photos Found problem and use Image Capture as my workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate