• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unable to import from direct connected Nikon

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem just recently started. I believe I upgraded my Mac M1 to Ventura and updated Lightroom to the latest version since this stopped working. I have no problem using Nikon transfer to transfer the images from both cameras. 

When I select Add Photos in Lightroom then select Connected Devices (Lightroom does recognize both cameras when they are connected), I see the camera flashing its green indicator as it typically does to reflect that Lightroom seems to be reading. While it is reading, Lightroom displays the message "No images can be imported...." Prior to this issue, that message would be displayed until Lightroom finishes reading the camera or camera card. Now that message remains indefinitely. 

So I am wondering if there was something in either the OS update or Lightroom update that has caused this to stop working.  

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Updating status and adding bug number to thread.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Greetings all, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Monday night, December 12th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
110 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarsha73,

You have stated you have the same issue so I expect you are using macOS Ventura, there are known issues with the Apple update which have been shared in the thread. Hopefully the system will be update in the near future.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem but I use icapture to work around the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. Yes that's a great help I nearly lost my mind earlier trying to figure out a workaround x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when I select via File all I have are these options? I cant seem to locate my camera on my desktop, as it is only showing in the LR interface as screen grab shows - is there a way that I can import other images off my camera that are sitting in a SD card? I dont have a SD reader to try unfortunately and am at a loss, any advice most welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 18.56.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Image Capture app in Applications and select Lightoom as the desitnation, then import from the hard drive in the LrC import dialog 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you import to Lightroom in the Image Capture app, then in the Import Dialog under Files-->Users-->[your name]-->Pictures-->Lightoom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You beauty, thanks so much thats a good workaround that I can put up with for the moment!  Pheeewww!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Nikon D850 is directly connected to my Mac studio with a USB cable.  When I attempt to import photos with the latest version of Lightroom Classic, the import window shows the camera, but a small spinning circle in the bottom left corner spins forever, but never shows any images to import.  Import initially worked on this machine, it stopped working at some point, and when I reinstalled the OS and Lightroom, it briefly started working again.  I can import images using Apple's image capture software without any problems.  I also have no problems importing into the latest version of Lightroom Classic with the same camera on a different machine that is still running in Montery.  It's like there is a bug in the import software and something is crashing in the background.
Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 9.06.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

アプリの再インストールを試されている様なので、環境設定ファイルのリセットを試してみてください。

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-catalog-images-resetting-lightroom.html

それでだめなら、環境設定でGPUの使用をOFFにして改善するか見てみましょう。

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same here!

I can't tether anymore with Lightroom classic with my Nikon D750. It was working perfectly before (with rosetta emulation mode). I did update lightroom and also my mac system (I am now under Ventura 13.0.1).

I am using the capture one free trial to cover during the time this is solved, but it will end soon and I don't want to have to pay an extra subscription every month in addition to lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's a real pain isn't it. No update from Adobe when it will be fixed either 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying with Lightroom Classic 12.1 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Monday night, December 12th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Can direclty import from my Nikon D850 now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to say that its is not fixed for me. I've upgraded but the problem persists.

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - OS/13.0.1 (22A400) - 12.1 release Lightroom - Nikon D850

I've done multiple reboots, changed cables, ports and tried with or w/o cards in the Nikon. (I also tried an old D810).

The "Detecting Camera' dialogue box just spins.

I shot with the camera and cables tethered on Friday but with my old 2015 MacBook pro running a much older Lightroom so I am happy that it's not the Nikon or the cables.

I really need this sorted, I shoot 90%+ of my commissions tethered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree that LR 12.1 has sorted the download from camera via USB to my MacBook Pro16 inch 2019on Intel 2.4GHz 8 core running Ventura 13.0.1

Also agree that tether via USB to my Nikon D850 is not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem with my nikon z6

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk,

Sorry but it is only a partial fix. When will tethering be resolved for Nikon cameras.

Gordon

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update:  all the devise are update:

Apple M1 Pro 13.0.1 (22A400), 

lightroomn 12,1,

Nikon D850 version:C 1.21 LD: 0.18  LF 1.00

Tethering stil doesn't work..... 🤨

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update works.  I can now import from my D850 again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marlene

Yes the download from the camera on USB works but the ability to tether the camera to the laptop to control the iamges and view them is not working. This is a fundamenatl requirement when doing studio work in my opinion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@grsb3 
re: Tethering see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mac-ventura-known-issues-please-read-... 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have not been able to import images from either of my Nikons (D5 and D850). I believe I have the latest version of Lightroom where this is supposedly resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I believe I have the latest version of Lightroom where this is supposedly resolved."

You can double-check by doing the menu command Help > System Info and verifying you have LR 12.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate