Exit

P: Update Publish Collection Stalls

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX 12.01, Apple Silicon M1

LightRoom Classic 11.2

After upgrade from 11.1 updating any published collections (to disk) is very slow and gets stuck.  One or 2 get published, then progress stalls

Re-installing 11.1 solves the problem.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update available.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

For Mobile downloads, it may take several days for the update to appear in your respective App Stores.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 142 Replies 142
142 Comments
Contributor ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I updated LR Classic to version 11.2. Today I was going to update 3 images from one of my publish services, but the export took "forever". I restarted LR and tried again, but it didn't get any better. It took about 45 minutes to export these 3 images, which usually should take only a few seconds.

I restarted and tried again to republish some photos, but the export didn't start at all (no progress bar appeared in the upper left corner). 

There seems to be a bug with the export feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic:  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html 

Backup your preferences prior to resetting the preferences:   

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That fixed the problem. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After adding images or changing images in a "published folder" (in my german version Lr 11.2 "Veröffentlichungsdienste", Publish service, Publish to HDD) these images are shown in area
"erneut zu veröffentlichende geänderte Fotos" (something like "again to be published changed fotos", I have the german version of Lr CC). But when I push
"publish" these changes are often not published again and remain shown in that area. Sometimes they are changed in the folder correctly sometimes not. The day before update it was working correctly
with 11.1 (on Feb 8th, 2022) it worked as specified. In 11.2 sometimes nothing seems to happen at all. After Restart Lr it might come up, with the image again in area "published" fotos, sometimes not.
But it happens often, that only one foto goes back to the "published" area and the exported image can really be found as expected in the folder.  Lr CC 11.2, Win 10 21H1

How can I fallback to 11.1?

[Moved to "Bugs" by Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Southern California (USA) with the English version and have the same problem.  I'd quit LR, launch it again, hit Publish again, and maybe one more image would publish, the remaining images to publish wouldn't. 

The other problem I encountered was when I went to import some images from a folder on my hard drive.  LR would display all the images in that folder, but then would NOT whittle that down to just the NEW images (and yes, New was selected).

I finally gave up and reverted back to the previous version of Lightroom Classic.  Everything works again as it should.

VERY frustrating!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But today the problem was back again. I was exporting some photos, but it was so slow that I had to cancel the task. I restarted, but it didn't help.

It was a big job after resetting the preferences, because I had to re-install all plugins, and set all settings back to the way it was. I am probably not fully finished yet. Now I am trying to make a back-up of the catalog and check integrity, to see if that helps. But the back-up also takes forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggestion to back up your preferences before resetting them was meant to save you the time of reinstalling everything! 

Is your catalog Optimized?

Also, please check this;

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I forgot to back up my preferences! 😉 

The back up and optimizing is still not finished after more than one hour. Thanks for the tips about optimizing the LR performance, I'll take a look at them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the target of the Publish Service? For example, does it export to a folder on your computer, or upload to a website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The target is a folder on my computer. The back up is still not finished, after more than six hours. I think I have to cancel this too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you reset the preferences once and it worked for a few days, but then the problem returned.

Have you tried resetting preferences a 2nd time?

It could be that the problem is that your preferences file keeps getting corrupted, which would indicate some sort of hard drive malfunction.

Also, if you have a preferences file where everything appears to be working fine, then that is the time to make a backup of your preferences file (there's no point of making a backup of a corrupt preferences file).

Also, with regard to this slowness, how much free space is left on this hard disk? Have you run diagnostics on your hard disk? What happens if you try the export to a different disk, as an experiment, to see if the problem goes away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit complicated, but I don't think resetting preferences ever helped. The export went fine one time after the resetting, but not the first time. When it didn't work, I cancelled the export and selected another publish service. When I went back to the first one again, the export worked, but only one more time. Sometimes the export goes fast, and sometimes it goes very, very slow. Switching between different publish services somehow seems to help a bit, but only for a short time. 

I have not tried to reset preferences more than once, but maybe I should try again. I have, however, optimized the catalog twice, and made one more back up with integrity test. I have 40 GB free space on my hard disc, but only 4 GB RAM on my 8 year old MB Pro. I know it's a bit scarce, but everything has went fine until the latest LR upgrade.

All my images, except the very newest, are stored on an external HD. A couple of weeks ago, this HD almost went out of space, so I made an exact copy on a new and bigger HD, with the same name. LR seemed to accept this without issue. This is the only thing I can think of that may have damaged the catalog. But I don't think this caused the problem, because the export problems also happens when exporting new photos that have only been stored locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit complicated, but I don't think resetting preferences ever helped.

I don't think you addressed my points. Specifically, I asked "with regard to this slowness, how much free space is left on this hard disk? Have you run diagnostics on your hard disk? What happens if you try the export to a different disk, as an experiment, to see if the problem goes away?"

Also, as an experiment, you should indeed try resetting preferences one more time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to export to a different disc, but it was just as slow. The strange thing is that the export isn't always that slow. I exported 100 original DNG files in just a few seconds, but 30 JPG files took one hour. I assume converting files to another format is a harder job than just copying them.

I have also tried to reset preferences one more time, but it didn't make any difference. 

When the export goes slow, the only thing that helps, is to select another publish service, and then go back to the first. Then the export goes faster for a few seconds, before it slows down again. Another weird thing, is that the number of remaining images to export doesn't match the number of previews I see publish service export window. But if I move the mouse over the previews, they update to the correct number. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same.  I publish modified photos on previously published collections to disk and it does a couple of photos then seems to hang.  I find clicking into other collections and then going back to the published collection seems to get the publishing process working again. Windows 10, Intel Core i9-10850K, 32GB RAM, Lightroom classic 11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I still don't see answers to some of my questions. I don't want answers one-at-a-time and I have to keep asking; when I ask four question, I want answers to all four of my questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I reckon you understand that English is not my native language. I have run diagnostics on my disk. It revealed no faults.

But the last times I have exported now, everything went as normal. I haven't done anything special that I know of. I hope it will continue to do so. If not, I will let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@evikne71 wrote:

It's a bit complicated, but I don't think resetting preferences ever helped. The export went fine one time after the resetting, but not the first time. When it didn't work, I cancelled the export and selected another publish service. 

So, exactly how are you tring to export? List your steps, one at a time. And add screenshots of the steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is solved (gone) now, even though I don't know how. So if no one else has experienced this problem, it's probably not necessary to continue this discussion anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce this. LrC 11.2 updates published folder on my MacBook Pro M1 Max as fast as it always did. Upgrade your version of MacOS, also for security reasons. MacOS 12.0.1 is out of date, the current version is 12.2.1.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest upgrade to 11.2 has made Lightroom nearly unuseable.

Frequently using up to 90% of CPU even when I am not doing anything.

Modules locking down especially Develop and Library, menus not coming up and general sluggishness and hanging on screens for 1-3 minutes regularly.

Seems to never cease indexing. 

Publish module is hit or miss, locking up half the time and not completing publishing the remainder.

Brand new machine purchased in July. Windows 10 Professional, 32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3000MHz, Intel Core i9 10900K 10-Core 3.7GHz, 12 GB AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT, Drive CORSAIR 2TB MP600 Gen4 SSD.

I never experienced these issues prior to the upgrade.

Is there a way for me to revert to previous version as Lightroom is unworkable in any practical sense now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issues using an M1 machine. Publishing to either ShootProof or Pixieset worked just fine before the update and now they stall out. And talking to support via chat...fundamentally useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same problem, I've actually developed a Publishing service and checked that it wasn't something my end on the server that had misconfigured but I was able to successfully emulate publishing photos. This latest version of classic is causing hang ups where the progress bar says it's at x% but actually only y% of photos have uploaded and in the grid view the ones that have successfully uploaded aren't moving down into the published section.

I've also found trying to remove a lightroom plugin from the plugin manager is also broken. I'm about to downgrade in hope that this fixes the issue.

Another lightroom update, another critical failure for workflows. Do any real working photographers test this software before it's released to the public?

Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 21.54.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like @JohanElzenga I am not able to replicate this failure. Publish and republish are working normally on my Mac M1 - OS 12.1 with Lightroom Classic 11.2.  

Additional information or precise reproduction steps might help.  

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate