• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: When changing presets the profile resets back to Adobe standard, even if profile isn't checke

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has some terrible bugs in it. When changing presets the profile resets back to Adobe standard, even if profile isn't checked within that preset. It is making editing a real pain.
LR is also crashing. Please fix these bugs quick as I have tons of work to get done!
Is it possible to roll back a version? 7.3 can't be used in this state.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
64 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has some terrible bugs in it. When changing presets the profile resets back to Adobe standard, even if profile isn't checked within that preset. It is making editing a real pain.
LR is also crashing. Please fix these bugs quick as I have tons of work to get done!
Is it possible to roll back a version? 7.3 can't be used in this state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to reproduce this. If I create a profile with "Treatment & Profile" unchecked and apply the preset, the profile is not changed.

Can you provide more detailed steps to reproduce or create a video of what you're doing so we can try and reproduce?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time I can reproduce something like what you are referring to is if the Preset has a Camera Profile included in it. Then when applying that preset it changes whatever camera profile you assign the image in the Profile section of the Basic panel.
I don't see an easy way of editing out that camera profile except to right click on the preset and select Show in Finder/Explorer (Mac/Win File Manager) and then open the XMP file in the text editor and remove the camera profile entry.
This only works for preset not created and supplied by Adobe.  Although if you go directly to the folder the Adobe supplied preset are in you can delete and or edit the XMP file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have camera profiles in my presets and it is still causing a problem if the preset contains anything else in the basics panel.

I have realised that the functionality of the "treatment and profile" check box is actually the opposite of all the other checkboxes. If it is not set then it will change the profile back to adobe standard. If it is set then the profile stays as it was. Seems a bit odd to change the operation of this check box out of line with all the others.

Also the standard lightroom presest supplied by adobe can not be moved or deleted and they take up a lot of valuable real estate at the top of the presets panel. A lot of users will never use these and there needs to be an option to move or delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant do a video but have an easy example.

Produce a preset to change the profile to black and white.
Produce a separate preset to change the clarity to +10 only (nothing else checked)

Select first preset to get black and white profile.
Select second preset for clarity and the profile changes back to Adobe colour.

In the second preset nothing else has been set so nothing else should change. However, if you select "treatment and profile" in the second preset then the profile is not effected. That is the opposite functionality to all other check boxes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce that between B&W and Color, but only on JPEGs so far, not raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, the treatment and profile checkbox resets all the sliders so that is messed up too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file format are you using Adam?  Oh, and what profile is it on BEFORE you select the preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Oh, and I do agree there's a bug here...!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for the profile part it is so all over the place that Im starting from scratch again. Just when I think I understand where the fault may be something else random happens!
and then it crashes, 3 times its crashed now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also finding that my midi-controller is all over the place and pretty much useless now too, so having to do it all the  s l o w  way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for bringing the issue to our notice Adam and Victoria. We are on it.

Regards,
Ruby

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you are saying is you select one Preset that has a camera profile in it then you select a second Preset and it wipes out the first presets camera profile. Is that correct?
If it is that would be Preset Stacking, laying one preset on top of another preset. I'm not sure that was ever the way LR worked. But I could be wrong as I only use preset sparingly and usually only as a Base for other adjustment I make manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

I have found that I can reproduce your issue if I start with one of the Legacy Profiles.

RackMultipart20180403128482ksy-52ab4427-3355-4d5f-917b-bf48d02d2de6-363310724.png

After choosing one of these profiles clicking on any preset causes the image to revert back to a color profile. 

For example:

1. Start with a raw image (CR2)
2. Apply Adobe Standard B&W Profile
3. Apply a vignette preset
4. Image changes to color Adobe Standard.

If you start with Landscape B&W it reverts to Camera Landscape after the preset is applied.
If you start with Neutral B&W it reverts to Camera Neutral after the preset is applied.
etc. etc,

Does this match the behavior you are seeing?

In other words, it only works if you use a raw image and start with one of the Legacy B&W profiles.

Let me know it that is what you are seeing.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tested LR yet but I have a standard import preset that applies Camera Neutral profile to all RAW files. Typically if you apply another preset you get odd results, It SHOULD only change the XMP settings in the second but sometimes it doesn't seem to work right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah now I am seeing this too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, my Custom DNG Profiles are gone!  I need those for my infrared processing.  When I go to Calibration to set a custom profile, only four "Versions" are showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

False alarm.  Looks like they have been moved up to the Profiles area in the Basic panel.  In the Profile Browser, choose "Profiles" to find your custom ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do, however, see the OP problem of the profile changing back to Adobe Standard when I select a Preset.  It is not only Adobe Standard it changes back to.  I guess it is changing to whatever profile was active when the preset was created.

On a positive point, I like that the preset preview shows on the main image when you hover over it now, instead of only to the small navigation image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about "legacy" but I'm glad to see you are finding it now too.
I was using "camera standard" which is in the camera matching presets (A Sony camera).
Sometimes it doesn't do it and sometimes it does. I'm trying to work out the differences but there is definitely a big in there somewhere!
Also midi controllers, I know not in adobes interest, but they have been rendered useless. When selecting presets now all the other sliders are reset to zero!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Shot Me: No that isn't what I'm saying.
Apply a preset with just a clarity adjustment in it and nothing else and it changes the profile! That is just an example of a simple preset, could be something else like vignette too. And LR certainly did work this way fine before, I'm processing thousands of images a week!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have the same problem - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2473824
LR 7.3 changes profile from BW to Color even when it is not selected in the preset

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TIFs for me (it's rare for me to use a raw for a final image). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really hoping Adobe pay attention to these bugs, seeing a lot of disgruntled professional photographers in forums and groups now.
But there is another big one, what have Adobe done to the API to prevent midi controllers from working? This now ruins my whole work flow!
Only one preset can be applied. If another is applied it resets the previous one!

Example:
preset one has exposure +3 ONLY
preset two has clarity +20 ONLY
If they are pressed in order then preset one, exposure, is rest to zero!

I have simplified this example. If preset one contains a lot of settings then they are all rest to zero when preset two is pressed. Making editing with midi controllers impossible and its the only way to get through hundreds of images in one day.

Adobe, PLEASE fix this. It's urgent!

Votes

Translate

Translate