• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: White Balance - As Shot added as a History step automatically when using Embedded Previews

Participant ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange behaviour in the latest release of LR Classic 13.3 (Win). I've imported a shoot and used the embedded previews as I always do.

As I move through the filmstrip in develop every time I click on an image that still has the embedded preview icon showing LR is adding a new White Balance - As Shot to the history for the image. If I undo this step so the history is empty switch to another image and then back again LR doesn't add the WB setting again.

It seems it only happens to images using the embedded preview the first time they are opened in Develop.

It's very annoying as I can no longer use the unedited filter to see if there's any images in my final selection that haven't been edited.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

As usual, great job of sleuthing this out @GoldingD and @johnrellis and @Ian Lyons 

I've logged it as a bug.

I was able to reproduce it on my Macbook Pro as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 114 Replies 114
114 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reproduced the issue and recorded it on video. Watch as I browse through the images without adjusting anything, then out of nothing, one of the images get a White Balance adjust. I did not do it, as you can see, my mouse was still.

https://youtu.be/onPtydRKezw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very strange behavior.

Try resetting the preferences. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling/reinstalling.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having thos same issue about a couple months ago and its driving me absolutely insane because it makes it impossible to create smart gallery "with adjustments" of only my edited photos for export. I'm 2 seconds away from downloading Capture One.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OKAY so I did a screen record to capture what this issue is for proof. LR seesm to be automatically RANDOMLY applying a "Auto WB' adjustment to RANDOM photos when you scroll through your catalogue with the arrow keys... WHY WHY WHY this is insanely frustrating!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Per!

I'm only replying now due to some changes I made in my computer. I have upgraded the motherboard, CPU and ram, and honesly since, I haven't noticed any random adjustments when cycling my photos in the catalog. I assume this is somewhat related to hardware, possibly a CPU glitch. I used to have an AMD 6 core, and now I have an i5 12400F.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this problem, I can't filter on edited and unedited photos because of it, so I have to go through over 1000 photos again and either click reset or throw everything into a collection and delete. It's really annoying. I have exactly what was addressed here later, in my history I have import pohot and then WB : As shot without touching the photo, just scrolling through it. I edit raws and I have a macbook 14 pro (2021) until the last update where they added generative deleting this never happened to me

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I have no idea how or why. But I imported about 50 new photos, clicked on develop and the same thing again, every time I arrowed to the next photo it created WB: as photo in history, but when I hit cmd+z a few times and got to before the photos were uploaded and then hit shift+cmd+z and got back to the last import (the 50 photos) LRC stopped putting wb: as shot in history even when I clicked through the photos. It's going to be some bug for me and it's not a bad setting or preset anywhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michal235827356jdf  when you import raw images into LrC it should show the WB as "as shot" . That indicates what it shot in the camera.

I do not understand what you mean by "before the photos were uploaded", please explain.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.3.1,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos act/are marked as edited when I scroll over my photos. I just scroll over them with my arrow keys and click zero other buttons. This is a huge problem because I only want to export the actual edited photos, not the ones that are 'fake edited'. I now need to reset every single photo that is not edited but marked as edited. This is horrible.

Does anyone have this problem too? If so, does anyone know how to fix this bug?

Version 13.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*EDIT

It only occurs when a photo is a .DNG, .JPGS are not affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into the same glitch after the most recent lightroom 13.3 update. I have my camera set to CR3 raw photos, adobe standard and shoot in auto white balance. I don't have any settings for importing my photos with a preset. I tried contacting adobe today but was dropped out of two chats and 2 calls. I've reset the catalog. I haven't reset my preferences yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@karisag15646610 , As I indicated in my earlier post when you import raw images into LrC the WB will show as "As Shot" that will happen even if to have Auto WB set

in your Camera.

The video clip shows you making changes to the Develop Profile that  does not change the WB.  There is an option next to the displayed WB setting where you can choose a different WB or you can use the eye dropper tool to select an area to adjust the WB..

You application appears to be working as designed.

If you have a problem please list the details of the options you are selecting. 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.3.1,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The issue ended up having to do with the previews not being built before clicking on the photos in the develop module. If the 1:1 preview was not built, as soon as I clicked on the next thumbnail it would apply the different color profile to the image, which I could reset back to Adobe Standard.  Once I built all the previews the issue desisted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone having this issue!

I also had this problem last year and I end up reaching this thread for help. Like you, so I was watching Lightroom  Classic randomly change the white balance parameter while we cycle through the photos in the gallery without doing anything else. I didn't knew what to do actually.

However, the issue stopped happening in my computer, as far as I could tell.

What have I changed or done?

First, I was requiring a computer upgrade, so I traded my old AMD six-core for an Intel i5. My GPU is the same GTX 1050 Ti. I've got a new motherboard for the new CPU and new RAM modules to fit. Everything else is just the same.

Meanwhile, I was using a big, one-for-all catalog. Now, I have several, smaller catalogues. One for weddings. One for landscapes. One for model shoots. And so on. I was feeling the old catalog too slow and sluggish, so I have an optimized workflow with one catalog for each job type. It loads the photos faster and I can navigate through the folders much easier.

Maybe you can try splitting your catalogues into smaller ones, if yours are becoming larger, with a ton of photos?

Changing hardware is not an option for everyone, I assume. But it worked for me eventually. I don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a video showing this happen. Starts with frame 76 selected, 77 is then selected and if you watch the history list you'll see an entry for white balance is being added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m having the same problem, got any answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having this issue, it is extremely frustrating to go to the next photo and for lightroom to apply a history on it declaring it "edited" so when I filter to see unedited photos, these ones don't come up as they are considered "edited", very frustrating when I think I have finished a wedding album to upload it to an online gallery and see unedited images in the gallery. Is there really no solution to this other than to buy a new computer? It seems to be some kind of glitch that needs to be fixed asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well. I am assuming it's a bug. I may place a call to Adobe later this afternoon if I can find a moment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! When I went through and made sure my image previews were built then it
stopped! Something must have changed on import to a new setting after the
update for me and they weren’t being built properly… I switched from
“sidecar” back to “standard”. Hope that’s the easy fix for you!

Sincerely,
Karisa Grimstad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i've had a similar bug before, but with the latest update its back.

When i import photo's into Lightroom, they are not edited yet. But when I click through them in the Develop Tab, Lightroom automatically changes the white balance to 'As Shot'. 

Now you think this may not be a huge problem, but when I try to find my 'edited photo's', EVERYTHING is now edited, so I can't find the ones I actually edited anymore. So it is really hard to export an album of the photo's I actually edited. 

Anyone has any tips or does Lightroom just need to fix this bug as soon as possible, because I can't work like this.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/Edit/ Aftter rethinking this, and searching the community, this may be in fact a bug, not a as designed feature. Look at the screenshot of the authors History panel, that is the issue, not the default WB

LrC always starts out with WB As shot for RAW files. Always has. That is the default. That is as designed.

To change that you would either need to apply a preset during import, or change the Develop RAW defaults in /preferences/presets/

That being said, looking at your screenshot. Just why is "AS shot" showing up as a State in the History Panel? That is odd.

8.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, that in the history panel, the photo is now labelled as 'edited' or 'Developed', even though I have not touched a button or slider. The photo should not be labelled as that when I haven't done anything to it. I am just scanning through my photo's to choose which one to edit, but Lightroom adds an automatic white balance adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah you were very quick with a reply I see, that is exactly the problem I am trying to point out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching the community brings up a question. Apparently at least one other member has this issue.

Are you using embedded  previews? THe LrC v 13.3 my have a bug with embedded previews.

see:

• link removed post merge of postings as the link would now be circular

Votes

Translate

Translate