Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom Won't Load Images

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Any advise is welcome. I have Lightroom on both my Laptop and Desktop. Generally I use it on the desktop and things have worked fine. Today I wanted to work away from the desktop and took my portable hard drive, which contains both my images and catalog. When I try and load the catalog from my laptop, it won't load the pictures, or allow me to import. If I try to import, it will show the images on the SD card and then after I click import, the import just stops. As far as images, the folders show on the left but take a very very long time to load. 15+ minutes for a folder containing only a few images. I have attached pictures. Any advice is welcome.

Specs:

Windows 10

Lightroom CC

2.PNG1.PNG

Thank you.

WC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

The System Info shows the path to your Library as being:  W:\Lightroom 11.30........

Do you see your external drive with that name in File Explorer?

Also your Folders panel does not show a Disk name for  the external drive.

You should be seeing something like this-

ScreenShot035.jpg

And I do not see your 'Catalog' and 'Folders' panel headers that would normally be above the Folders panel. Can you right-click the 'Navigator' header and choose [Show All] from the menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The System Info shows the path to your Library as being:  W:\Lightroom 11.30........

Do you see your external drive with that name in File Explorer?

Also your Folders panel does not show a Disk name for  the external drive.

You should be seeing something like this-

ScreenShot035.jpg

And I do not see your 'Catalog' and 'Folders' panel headers that would normally be above the Folders panel. Can you right-click the 'Navigator' header and choose [Show All] from the menu?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand.  I recently upgrader LR and PS so they should be in the latest configuraations but when I right click on a LR image the flag for "edit in PS" is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bobmarett 

Does the Folder of images in the Folder panel of Lightroom-Classic show a question mark [ ? ]. ??

Does the image preview border in Grid view show a small exclamation mark [ ! ].??

Are you using Smart Previews for your photos?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob,
Thank you for your email. I have no idea what has happened. After
updating LR Classic and PS when I attempt to move an image from LR to PS,
the edit in PS function is greyed out and so is not available. I don't
know what Smart Previews is or how to choose it.

Should I try to contact Adobe?

Thank you.
Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bobmarett  You haven't answered my questions on October 24. Your answers might get you the help you need!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean !!!! or ?????, I don't see any of those.

Thanks for your patience. I'm totally in the dark.
Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are selecting a photo to [Edit in Photoshop], then you must be looking at thumbnail previews in Grid view- correct?

I am asking if you see these (red circled) ?  indicators on folders,  and ! on photo preview borders-

2022-10-25 13_12_28-Clipboard.jpg

Or do you see the 'Smart Preview' badge on preview borders?

2022-10-25 13_16_52-Clipboard.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am looking at thumbnails in Grid view. I see no red circle
indicators nor ! on previews. I'm sorry but I don't even know about "Smart
Preview" badges.

I have been using LR and PS for years I'm quite sure at a very beginner
level but haven't ever had this problem. I usually pick an image in LR and
either treat it in develop and then go to PS OR I pick an image, go to PS
and fine tune it in Camera Raw. I have never had this problem before where
I can't move an image from LR into PS.

Thank you for trying to help me with this.
Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Latest" doesn't really provide information. You may think you have the latest, but often the person is mistaken. So please tell us the version NUMBERs of your Lightroom Classic and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR is V12.0
Camera Raw is V15.0
PS is V24
Thank you and I hope this helps
Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines