• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant locate RGB channels for tone curve on Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like the title suggest on my Lightroom only has the Tone Curve that allows me to control like the (b/w). But I cant seem to locate the individual RBG channels. When watching youtube videos I see on their lightroom below the graph they can change the channel but for mine it says Point Curve: Linear, Medium Constract or Strong Contrast. I really hope to find this because I cant color grade at the best level. I dont understand why its not in my lightroom thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

EDIT: The Curves Interface has changed!

See more recent posts in this thread- https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/cant-locate-rgb-channels-for-tone-curve-on-lightroom-cc/m-p/12347646#M241671

This is the 'OLD' interface!

ScreenShot002.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the icon in the lower right hand corner of the Tone Curve section to go to the screen that has the RGB option.

Tone Curve RGB.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom classic version 10.4 and I don't have the Point Curve option.  My tone curve editing tool is stuck on "region".  Is there a way I can change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

If clicking on the grey circle doesn't change to an editable curve:

johnrellis_2-1632174309799.png

then try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: The Curves Interface has changed!

See more recent posts in this thread- https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/cant-locate-rgb-channels-for-tone-curve...

This is the 'OLD' interface!

ScreenShot002.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!! I did that but I never noticed the change!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I cannot see the Channel: RGB dropdown menu at all.

What can be wrong?

BR

AlenUntitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer is in the "Correct Answer"-  L-Click the mouse cursor on the ICON in the lower right corner of the panel.

The panel changes to allow you to use points on the curve, and select from the - Channel: RGB drop-down menu for the individual RGB channels.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the replay! It solved my issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that icon available. 

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

The Tone Curve has changed since this (old) thread was posted. To change the overall and individual RGB curves, click on one of the circles:

johnrellis_0-1630105610695.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply.🙏🏼  Youtube videos, and google searches only cater to old versions. Do you know if there is anywhere I can read/ watch tutorial for this version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the 'Point Curve' white circle.

The interface has changed since this forum thread was started.

2021-08-28 09_06_08-Lightroom Catalog-v10 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply, much appreciated.🙏🏼 At this point I'm at a loss because tutorials on YouTube have not been helpful since they have different versions. Any suggestins on how to learn tone curve ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Links-

https://jkost.com/blog/2020/06/lightroom-classic-v9-3-raw-defaults-tone-curve-local-hue-editing-batc...

I have not watched these, but may be useful-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUKsefcE0Sg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q39gNK73Y2s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines