Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cr3 files will not import, but jpegs are recognized in the importing module

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is up to date (12.1)

I have tried with 3 different SD cards to import cr3 files onto my iMac in Lightroom. 

In the importing module you can see the cr3, however, the thumbnail of the cr3 files is grayed out without a checkmark box to "check" to import. 

The jpegs were being recognized with the checkmark box to import, but now even the jpegs aren't be recognized. 

I have tried to manually extract the images from the library in the dated folder...the files aren't even in there. 

3 different SD cards. So weird. Everything was working find Friday and now today, surprise!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have "Copy as DNG" selected.  I think I would try just "Copy".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! 

I had been clicking on the options and hadn't put it back to my orginal choice of "copy".

Last night Adobe was given remote access to my computer and we are currently still working on the same issue. The agent helping me made a ton of software changes and a new catalog. 

I had imported files earlier yesterday (from another day) with no issues. Anything I photographed yesterday evening will not import as I tried shooting some quick shots with three different sd cards. My iOS is updated, Camera Raw is updated...as of this morning, cr3 files will not import and are still grayed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023-01-23 16_34_15-Clipboard.jpg

And also check Permissions as here-

FULL DISK ACCESS PERMISSIONS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! 

Yes, Full Disk Access Permissions had been turned on. 

Last night Adobe was given remote access to my computer and we are currently still working on the same issue. The agent helping me made a ton of software changes and a new catalog. 

I had imported files earlier yesterday (from another day) with no issues. Anything I photographed yesterday evening will not import as I tried shooting some quick shots with three different sd cards. My iOS is updated, Camera Raw is updated...as of this morning, cr3 files will not import and are still grayed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @amandas98765 

Your responses don't indicate if you have actually tried the suggestions made above by @Rob_Cullen and @Bill Sprague . It would be helpful if you actually try these suggestions and report back on whether or not they helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I mentioned above "Full Disk Permissions had been turned on." 

The files have been viewed in subfolders as well. 

"Do Not Import Suspected Duplicates" is not checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For an experiment that may or may not indicate a cause/solution, try the following:

• Close LrC
  • Take a brand new photo
  • Outside of  LrC, using Finder, create a new folder to place that one photo in.
  • Outside of LrC, using Finder, copy that photo to that new folder.
  • Start up LrC, select Import, select Copy, then select the new destination. Point being to make sure destination is valid, despite next step.
  • Change import option from Copy, to Add, select that photo, and attempt the import.

If that works

• Take a brand new photo
  • Start up LrC, select Import, select Copy
  • Double check that the destination is still that new folder (should be, should be previously used one)
  • Attempt the import

Some reasoning for the above:

• Make sure you are not attempting to import a photo that was previously imported
  • Make sure the destination is valid
  • See if errors pop up in simple imports
  • See if divorcing the SD card(s) from the issue solves anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are these full-sized files or compressed? Many Canon cameras have options to capture compressed RAW and that may not be supported. Try opening those files with Canon Digital Professional Pro and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines