• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DIsparity between developed and exported image

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the latest version of LR classic our exported images are not matching the edits:

We've edited a recent wedding and exported for writing to the USB for the client, luckily I happened to spot what I considered to be a poor image and was confused.

It seems that the image in the library module differs from the develop module considerably...

I have attached just one such example to illustrate the problem

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 10.51.33.pngScreenshot 2021-11-19 at 10.51.15.png

This is a very serious bug and I need a solution ASAP, as businesses we can't afford to deliver inferior work to our clients, more over I can't afford to spend the same time again having to re-edit or re-check all images in a 700+ image delivery.

As an additional note, I've revisited the above example to try re-editing, but it's just not updating the exported file. 

Working with the original & smart preview, I've deleted the preview and re-generated which has not solved the problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some questions:

- Does it affect all exported photos or just some?

- If you enter the develop module again, do you still see it corrected?

- While in library, does the look match with the develop module?

- To which format did you export? You are probably aware that you need re-export after additional changes.

- Is your screen calibrated?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Does it affect all exported photos or just some?

Some

- If you enter the develop module again, do you still see it corrected?

Yes

- While in library, does the look match with the develop module?

No

- To which format did you export? You are probably aware that you need re-export after additional changes.

JPG (Yes very much aware) 🙂

- Is your screen calibrated?

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that library and develop don't appear the same, may be caused by a corrupt display color profile.

Even though calibrated, please try what happens when you use a default sRGB profile for the monitor.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just finished chatting with support (I started just after posting this uestion), 8 hours later and many avenues exhausted it seems they don't have any answers. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You export in what color space and then view that JPEG where? 

It isn't unexpected that Library and Develop modules will differe visually since they use a completely different preview architecture. NOT to the degree you show, but it is important to recognize that the Develop module at 1:1 or greater zoom is the only accurate way to preview your image data and edits. 

Since you have some work to do, you might try going back a version. To go back to thelast version, use Creative Cloud application, next to the product you want to revert, click on... pick "other versions" any better? 

Other things to try if Adobe didn't mention them:

Try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the new Select Subject mask for this?

Please select a sample raw showing this problem, do Metadata > Save Metadata To File, upload the raw and its xmp sidecar to Google Drive, Dropbox or similar, and post the sharing link here. That will allow Adobe to confirm the issue and file a bug report (they generally don't pay attention without a reliable way to reproduce the problem).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same bug and have reported it. Here's a workaround, but it only works moving forward. It won't fix images you've already processed.

When you go into the develop module to edit a new image, Zoom to 100% or higher then return to the Fit zoom setting. It appears that from then on, the Develop and Library views will match. At least, that's working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those on this thread:

If you send the affected image to Camera Raw does Camera Raw render it correctly or the same as Lightroom Classic? 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines