• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From lightroom, how do I choose to open using normal or beta photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory. Recently I saw that the option to choose which PS to use was added in the new lightroom but it seems to only work in Mac. In Windows, you can only see the current one and not the beta. Can you confirm this?lrbeta.png 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @azmil77. I'll help you work around this. Lightroom identifies this through the registry on Windows.

This information is populated based on Windows registries. If you only want to use Photoshop Beta, you can try solution two from this content: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html

Add the Photoshop.exe from the Photoshop Beta folder instead of the Photoshop 2023 folder.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sameer K ,

I think that isn't the answer of @azmil77 question.

I've the same issue. On my machine I have installed Lightroom 12.3 and Photoahop 24.4.1 and all going well. A few days ago I installed the Photoshop Beta. So I have now 2 "different" verions of Photoshop installed.

In the dialog for the configuration of external editing under the section "Edit in Photoshop 2023" it's only "Adobe Photoshop 2023" is listed in the list "Photoshop version". When I used this now it opens the picture in the Beta version and not in the 24.4.1 version. That is also correct so far, because the Beta is the latest installed version.

I've read on severeal websites it's possible now to have here since the new LR version to chenage between the installed Photoshop versions.

New features summary for the April 2023 release of Lightroom Classic (adobe.com)

But it doesn't work. I've already rest the LR preferences.

Is there another solution for this or is it a bug. I don't feel like to reinstall LR.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore une fois de plus un problème .Sous windows ça ne fonctionne pas . Photoshop bêta est installée tout est à jour .

Dans Lightroom je clic droit pour "Modifier une photo avec photoshop 2023 ,est c'est la Bêta qui s'ouvre ?.

Je n'ai que "Modifier dans Adobe Photoshop 2023" La bêta n'apparaît pas ?  

Pour moi il y a toujours conflit. Quelqu'un peut me donner une réponse ? merci.Bêta 2023.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @mikel510. I'll clarify this for you. Lightroom identifies this through the registry on Windows.

The drop-down is intended to allow selecting another version of Photoshop on the computer. I have Photoshop 2022 & Photoshop 2023 with Photoshop Beta set as an additional external editor.

Edit in PS.png

Give this a try & let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Sameer K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci pour votre réponse.

Mais regardez mon image dans la liste déroulante je n'ai que "Adobe Photoshop 2023"  Adobe Photoshop Bêta 2023 n'est pas dans la liste. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai l'impression qu'avec Windows 11 il y a des bugs .

sur Mac flou gaussien Direct apparaît 

Sur Windows rien.

Pouvez-vous expliquer cela .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @mikel510. I'll clarify this for you. Lightroom identifies this through the registry on Windows.

The drop-down is intended to allow selecting another version of Photoshop on the computer. I have Photoshop 2022 & Photoshop 2023 with Photoshop Beta set as an additional external editor.

Edit in PS.png

Give this a try & let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Sameer K.

By @Sameer K

hmm, MAC vs Windows issue?

Thing is, in online articles (maybe not Adobe) including Photoshop Beta in the pull down is shown.

for example:

https://lightroomkillertips.com/april-updates-for-lightroom-classic-lightroom-and-camera-raw/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GoldingD  It seems that's a Windows issue. 

There's another thread in this forum. I'll merge both together and move it to the bug section.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai le même problème et j'ai beau chercher, je ne trouve pas la solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Après avoir beaucoup cherché, j'ai trouvé une solution. Dans Préférences/Edition externe, j'ai mis un lien vers le fichier photoshop.exe au niveau de "application" dans la section "éditeur externe supplémentaire". Ainsi j'ai deux commandes à ma disposition: ctrl + E pour modifier dans bêta et ctrl + alt + E pour modifier dans photoshop 2023. C'est pas l'idéal mais ça marche en attendant que le bug soit rectifié.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic & Photoshop 2023 installed on my desktop in addition to an old version of CS6.  I recently downloaded the Photoshop Beta app which I subsequently uninstalled.  Now if I select Photo>Edit in Photoshop only CS6 appears in the Lightroom> Preferences > Presets > Photoshop Version dropbox.  Photoshop 2023 is nowhere to be found.  As a workaround, I configured the Additional External Editor to load the Photoshop 2023 .exe file.  I want Lightroom to recognize Photoshop 2023 in the Photoshop Version dropbox but don't know how to accomplish this task.  Would appreciate any solutions to this problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It seems to be specific to Window (10 end 11), as it does work properly on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rikk Flohr: Photography ,

I'll see more and more posts about this topic. Can you please say more. Is this a bug in the Windows version of Lightroom or is it only available on MacOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WE have tried 100's variations to be able to run both PS and PSbeta jointly from the Edit>Preferences>External Editing with no success. LR defaults to the last version that was used. MAC users have this capability, so why not us PC users of Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted about this bug as well:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-edit-in-photoshop-sends-it-to-the-pho...

The only way to "fix" this is to uninstall the Beta AND Photoshop 2023.  Then reinstall Photoshop 2023.  This is not an issue on the Mac version - it only seems to affect the Windows users.  I am hoping Adobe can fix this in the next Lightroom Update.  Is there a place to officially report this bug?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Le problème c'est que les deux on le même nom, le nom "béta"  n'apparaît pas sous le ".exe", et le sélectionneurs externe crois qu'ils la déjà sélectionner ! Comment faire?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

J'ai trouver la solution, j'ai renommée le fichier ".exe" de BETA  Photoshop renommée en photoshop Beta, et sa marche!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines