• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I apply a preset to multiple photos at once using Lightroom CC

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a feature I used to use a lot within Lightroom 5, in the grid view, I used to select all the photos I wanted to apply it to, right click, Develop, then find my preset and apply it.

This seems to either have moved or gone from Lightroom CC?

Here's a screenshot of what I mean...

5vscc.png

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

P.S I don't want to use sync as that's not exactly what I'm after which other people have suggested.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Select all images to develop (working in the library grid view),

In the Quick Develop panel, click the drop-down menu for "Saved Preset"

Choose your required preset.

Done!

ScreenShot042.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you installed LR CC 2015 did you upgrade your earlier catalog? Normally everything should transfer including presets but you may need to copy from your previous version if third party presets have not installed.

From LR CC 2015 click the menu:

Lightroom >> Preferences >> Presets (tab)

To show the system location click the button “Show Lightroom Presets Folder”

You can then double-click on Lightroom and again on Develop Presets. Drag your Kellie Hatcher folder into Develop Presets.

On Mac the default location is usually:

Macintosh HD\Users\User Name\Library\Application Support\Adobe\Lightroom

Windows – go to:

Edit >> Preferences >> Presets (tab)

Default location:

C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply - my presets are in the develop module and work great, it's the applying them to multiple photos feature that seems to have vanished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have multiple images selected, the Sync button will display in the lower right-hand corner of the develop module. There is the little switch to the left of that button that you can use to switch it to Auto-Sync. When that is turned on your preset will be applied to all images that are highlighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply - does this mean I have to apply the preset to one photo first then auto sync to the rest?

I work in software, and one thing that we swear by is NEVER to remove features from one version to the next....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am not able to locate the sync button when I have multiple images selected.  I am in the most recent version of CC. Did they change this again since you last responded to this post? 

Thanks in advance - hope you are still following this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hope the reverse that decision. This is making it super annoying to batch process large photoshoots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom since version 1. I will have to revert to the previous version of Lightroom. The new features in Lightroom CC are nice, but the fact that I no longer can apply a preset to multiple images render Lightroom CC useless. I shoot motorsport and I need to be able to batch add presets to 1000+ images after every race. I am so annoyed. Why in the H**L remove something that worked perfect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done!

ScreenShot042.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't even have to open the Quick Develop panel - the preset selection dropdown appears in the panel header even when the panel is closed. Good catch, wobertc!

Presets.jpg

mh++

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're an absolute star - thank you so much for finding this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm...I tried this, and it is only applying the preset to the first image instead of all of the images I have selected.

wobertc wrote:

Done!

ScreenShot042.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only applying the preset to the first image instead of all of the images

Hmm... A mystery. I don't have an answer for this one. I have successfully used this method both in Library Grid view and in a Collection view. I have tried selecting 'all' in the grid [CTRL+A]  and selecting a few  [Hold CTRL + click several] or [ Click First then SHIFT+click Last]. Works every time.

Can you select several and press - this should convert them to monochrome (B&W) -  (CTRL+Z will undo this step)

If this works then I don't know why the 'Preset' action does not.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this does not work for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which of the many things discussed in this thread does not work for you?

Could you also please state the version NUMBER of your Lightroom (go to Help->System Info and tell us the Lightroom version NUMBER shown there). Do not state words like "current" or "up to date".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with this. I am in version CC 3.3 

I don't see a sync button anywhere and I need to be able to create a preset and not have to apply it manually to every single image. Help would be so appreciated. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the victim of Adobe's bad product naming.

All the Lightroom references in this thread are about "Lightroom Classic" product and its predecessors.

Seems you are looking for the "Lightroom" forum, often referred to as "Lightroom web" or "Lightroom cloud".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Sync button in v3.3. But you can Copy & Paste (ALL) the edits from one photo to many, which may not be the desired effect as it overwrites other prior editing done to photos individually.

It may be useful as a starting point for a fresh import of photos where you want to adjust them all the same.

1) In Edit mode [E] Select ONE photo - Apply a Preset

2) Press [Ctrl+C] to Copy the edits-

3) Back in Grid mode [G] Select multiple photos  (eg. by:  Click-Shift/Click)

4) Press[Ctrl+V] to paste the edits to selected photos.

You could add your vote and voice to the other 230 votes at- COPY SYNC in MOBILE 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it turns out, you can Ctrl+Shift+C settings from one photo and then pick which modules you want to copy, so for example if you have already done some edits, but have a mixed bag of "Ooops I forgot to apply the optics to half the photos", you can just tick the optics there and apply to all the selected photos in the current search.

The kicker is, you have to copy the settings while in Detail view, but you have to go to one of the Grid views to apply settings to the selection. Having multiple photos selected in Detail view wont achieve the desired effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you can copy from the grid view as well.
And you can actually narrow down to the specific single setting.

So, to reiterate: Ctrl+Shift+C (probably Cmd+Shift+C on Mac), then you can choose what to copy.

CroViking_0-1622471305787.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you can copy from the grid view as well.
And you can actually narrow down to the specific single setting.

So, to reiterate: Ctrl+Shift+C (probably Cmd+Shift+C on Mac), then you can choose what to copy.

CroViking_0-1622471305787.png

By @CroViking

That applies to Lightroom and not Lightroom Classic (this is the Lightroom Classic forum)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, since Adobe is making it confusing for everyone with their naming convention a lot of people, me included, end up on this page when looking for Lightroom CC tips, and some of the posts here are also looking for this information and I was replying to them specifically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me, too. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original reply stating to use the Quick Develop link in Library worked for me, too, at first; however, very next day, it was doing what someone else stated - only applying the preset to the first image.

Today, though, I stumbled onto another solution...when in Develop module, select all your photos for which you want to apply the preset, then make sure to switch the Sync button the bottom right to Auto-Sync, then apply the preset. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreeing with tonymphotos*- this method (switch the sync button to auto-sync using [confusingly] the same toggle that you'd use to hide/reveal the other develop modules, and then apply presets) seems to accomplish what was so easy in earlier versions of Lightroom.

Crops and the like are maintained, while the look of the selected preset is applied to all selected images instantaneously. This is a great way to apply presets to groups of images, and also a great way to reversibly preview presets on groups of images.

*"Today, though, I stumbled onto another solution...when in Develop module, select all your photos for which you want to apply the preset, then make sure to switch the Sync button the bottom right to Auto-Sync, then apply the preset. It worked for me."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines