• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing a hard copy serial number on a new laptop?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, I'm a complete newb so please excuse my lack of knowledge! I bought a hard copy of LR 6 years ago. I still have the installation CD and serial number. I recently purchased a new Macbook. I used my serial number and installed LR6 on my older laptop. But now as I try to enter this serial number in my Adobe account, under product, it says the serial number is already in use...  I basically want to have LR installed on my new macbook, using the serial number i have, without having to subscribe to a cloud based version... Is this possible? Where do I start?! TIA,  Stu.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a new MacBook, then no doubt it will be running a version of MacOS that does not support 32 bits applications anymore. The installer on your CD is 32 bits, so it is not going to work. Forget about Lightroom 6. It is ancient, end of life. If you really do not want a subscription, then Lightroom is not for you. Get some other application to manage your photos, like the free Apple Photos that came with your Mac.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't deactivate a serial number you have to contact the Adobe support. Only they can reset the activation counter.

This is a public forum and not the link to Adobe support. We're all normal users as you are.
Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problems

Be sure to be signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below.
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is also impacted by the virus and so wait times can be a little are longer. Make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups.
Please allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work

This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

ASK ONLY FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
You may have to be PERSIST or TRY SEVERAL TIMES to find a more experienced support professional.

-------------------------

One Adobe Support person willing to reset Lr6 Activations is @Careeeesa

Send her a Private message by clicking on her profile.

You will need to state your Adobe Account ID and provide a valid Serial Registration Number.

Please note:

You can't install LR 6 on Macs since 10.15, since even though LR 6 itself is 64-bit, but its installer is a 32-bit program and Apple discontinued support for 32-bit programs. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR6 should run as a 64-bit application under Monterey but installing it is the issue; you must boot into an OS that can support the 32-bit installer (the last being Mojave). That's a big problem for M1's because Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina and M1 Macs do not run 32-bit and can't boot into Mojave. 
IF your new MacBook isn't an M1, you are OK but if it is, you're SOL. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you to everyone who replied. Now I know where I'm at! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines