• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.14 started asking for license and then stopped working on develop

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since few days I cannot open develop module of my lightroom. 6.14 was the last standalone version, which I bought (as an upgrade to Lightroom 4) as I absolutely despise having to pay monthly subscription for software, which I already 'own'.

Fast forward to last month - I am no longer able to use it, as in December it started asking for license. Each time I logged in to my Adobe account and then it seemed to work. As of few days back 'Develop module is disabled' due to non-licensed product. I tried contacting Adobe Support, but support is discontinued. So I am now, 2 weeks in with my newborn son with hundreds of pics ready to be processed, stuck with no working Lightroom.

After countless re-installs latest option is - when trying to login through Help > Sign In I get a message that my browser is no longer supported (Guess it is embedded in original coding of LR to use internet explorer). 

Any experience in the matter and how to resolve it would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Finally! 

I found the solution on another thread in this community, so I am putting it below and linking for future reference:

Solution 

"On Windows delete or rename following folders

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

Then right-click the shortcut of CC application (e.g. Photoshop or InDesign), choose "Run as administrator" (or "More" > "Run as administrator"), enter your Adobe ID and password and

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This unfortunately does not work. On latest attempt (after reinstalling creative cloud) when trying to 'sign in' from Lightroom I get a message that my software is not up to date / browser too old. I reckon - creative cloud needs newer browser but 'old' lightroom has older internet explorer embedded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Solar_pi

I have the same problem, why can I use the LR 6 version anymore????? It's a same to take away the possebility to use this software.

I also absolutely despise having to pay monthly subscription for software, which I already 'own'
Did you already solved the problem?

Thanks for your help in advance

Best regards,

HP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HP,

Not yet, but I did not give up just yet! Will keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more point - I did find a way to reset the 'trial days' counter, which - given I already own the license - I see not legal issue in doing. You can find a way to do it online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(after reinstalling creative cloud)

OK- Whenever the Creative Cloud Desktop App is installed on a system Lightroom v6.xx works as a SUBSCRIPTION version. (ie. a 30day trial unless you subscribe, or the Develop module will stop!)

You will need to-

1) Clean all Adobe files off your computer (Backup your catalogs)

Cleaner Tool Creative Cloud

2) Install Version 6.xx (Do NOT install Creative Cloud Desktop App.)

3) Provide your Serial Numbers for Version-4 and Version-6.

4) Contact Adobe Support for "Activation Reset" if a message reports you have too many installs.

"..browser too old..."

See the article Re: TLS Support for 'old' browsers-

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After countless re-installs ...

What did you re-install? Be specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-installed Lightroom 6.14 with and without creative cloud being installed on my pc. Last install was:

1. Install latest creative cloud

2. check for updates of cc

3. Intall Lightroom (was automatically signed in)

4. Sign out in lightroom

5. try to sign in again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-installed Lightroom 6.14 with and without creative cloud being installed on my pc. Last install was:

2. check for updates of cc

3. Intall Lightroom (was automatically signed in)

4. Sign out in lightroom

5. try to sign in again

By @solar_pi

So here's what I would do.

1. Uninstall all Adobe Creative Cloud software from your computer. Run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool.
  2. Install Lightroom 6.14
  3. Do not install anything else from Adobe Creative Cloud, do not check for updates, 6.14 is the latest version of Lr 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Last install was:

2. check for updates of cc..."

WRONG!  As I and @dj_paige mentioned you MUST NOT have anything pertaining to "Creative Cloud" (CC) on your computer!.

And you cannot check for Lr6 updates from the Menu and Adobe.

Read the instructions from @dj_paige again.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing wrong. That was my original post/try. Since then I tried the suggested solution and got the message in my last post saying my software is not genuine. This Community/Forum could use better time-stamping / post management for clarity of steps taken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you upgrade your operating system in the mean time? I think 6.14 will not work on the latest windows releases anymore. For sure it won't allow you to install anymore as the installer is incompatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jao vdL The Lr 6 installer is incompatible with Windows 11? I haven't heard that before. Can you confirm this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only read it on this forum. I have no machine to test this myself. I think similar to the situation on Mac OS X (where the installer for LR6 is broken too I understand) it is because of a part of the installer still being 32 bits. Might be confusing it with LR5 but I  pretty sure that the only way to have a working perpetual license is to stay at an older OS or to upgrade around it and hope you never have to reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not. My answers are spotty as my first kid was born just now. Also the reason for me to intensify LR work:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do you use? Please post the exact version.

Please try the following steps:

Please note: You have to logged in on your system as an Administrator or an user with Admin rights during you de-/install Lightroom.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I found Adobe's page on adding some items to Registry, but it didn't help. I then found their list of 50 items to add to the registry, but couldn't find a way to batch-add, so have no done this yet.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save this list as a .reg file (which I did) and update registry. It did not help:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043 Build 19043. Any tips for backup before I will start the process? I do not want to lose my presets etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all that and now I get - Installation Failed - Adobe Genuine Software Verification Failure:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long story short - the above solution almost worked. I did all including downloading the installer. The installer from the above link was the issue. I found my last downloaded and well backed up version of installer, which in the end - worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was happy way to fast. 'Develop module is disabled'. Please purchase a membership or license... this is just ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirm that you have 'run' the Adobe Cleaner Tool, then re-booted the PC.

A Google search found one link- with a comment from "Chilly" that mentions the "Genuine Software Verification".

Backing up Presets: Find the folders with info from this link-

BACKUP - WHICH FILES?

Agree totally with your comment- "could use better (forum) time-stamping / post management for clarity"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm. I even used robocopy to backup my catalogue and presets:) now I am waiting for a call from Adobe to my ticket. Hope to get support on the activation part. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines