• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC won't import images

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to lightroom CC from lightroom 5 and it won't import my images.  It shows a preview of them, but when I click import is says "importing images" but it never does and just sits like that.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

HI everyone,

Sorry for the import issues with Lightroom, please check this thread and follow the instructions - Lightoom 6.3: After update I can't open any video files

Regards

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 216 Replies 216
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, some issue as all the above. I was hoping Adobe would have a fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating tonight it seems the latest importer is no longer part of the application and it's back to working perfectly for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

Just updated for the new .3 version. Same problems, i.e. It does not import.

Do you have other recommendations for similar softwares as LR? I am really thinking of giving up since I sent several complaints and no response or even a decent answer. Bills keep coming and I can’t use it.

Thanks,

Marc

De: megalowmatt

Responder para: <jive-1638369201-3kcdf-2-4vhvs@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com>

Data: quarta-feira, 18 de novembro de 2015 03:28

Para: Marc

Assunto: Lightroom CC won't import images

created by megalowmatt in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionAfter updating tonight it seems the latest importer is no longer part of the application and it's back to working perfectly for me.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8187976#8187976 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8187976#8187976 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you finally did it, Adobe. Returned to the old import-scene. And guess what - now I am able to import like 50 files. Then the import stalls. Close down LR. Wait. Open LR. Wait. Import another 40 files. Crash. This software is a joke! How embarrassing to have your engineers roll back to an earlier version. And much more embarrassing that this version doesn't work either. My setup: Imac 5K, 8 gb ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A joke? Embarrassing? No - it works brilliantly here on my Win 8.1 box.

Yet again, it's a Mac set up that's reporting problems. A recurring theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if there were no unhappy window-users - and just go through this thread to find a lot - it's very unprofessional to launch software made for mac-computers, that doesn't work.

And still - if you're Adobe and launching software, that you actually have to roll back (which is what happened with version 15.3) - what are you - but a joke?

I am happy that LR works for you and if a bit of mac-bashing makes your day - be my guest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found something. If you are all importing to an external drive. (Mine is a Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive 1.5TB) after I upgraded to El Crap-e-tan the drive went from read write to read only. That was the source of the error I think. When I downloaded a NTFS driver from a company called Paragon on the Seagate web site. http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/ntfs-driver-for-mac-os-master-dl/ <http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/ntfs-driver-for-mac-os-master-dl/>

After installing the driver the drive shows as read and write.

Give that a try.

Marty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marty,

You are awesome!!! This solution worked for me!!! Thank you so much!!

Regards,

Marc

De: martya64368145

Responder para: <jive-697672726-3kcdf-2-4w1fp@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com>

Data: terça-feira, 24 de novembro de 2015 23:11

Para: Marc

Assunto: Lightroom CC won't import images

created by martya64368145 in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionI may have found something. If you are all importing to an external drive. (Mine is a Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive 1.5TB) after I upgraded to El Crap-e-tan the drive went from read write to read only. That was the source of the error I think. When I downloaded a NTFS driver from a company called Paragon on the Seagate web site. http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/ntfs-driver-for-mac-os-master-dl/ <http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/ntfs-driver-for-mac-os-master-dl/> After installing the driver the drive shows as read and write. Give that a try. Marty

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8213317#8213317 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8213317#8213317 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having issues with the import dialog since the 2015.3 update to LR CC. In my case, trying to import photos doesn't even bring up the import dialog. I select 'File > Import Photos and Video' and nothing happens, no spinning ball, no new window, nothing.

Selecting 'File > Import from Another Catalog' brings up the dialog to locate the catalog file, and LR seems to be functioning otherwise but I can't import a darn thing.

Runnig a fully patched El Capitan (10.11.1) on a Late 2013 iMac, 8GB RAM. LR catalog has about 64,000 images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

OK.  I am on location as a professional photographer teaching photography in the field.  I cannot, under any circumstance, import my photos into Lightroom.  I am in the field NOW and need to do this to teach students about your products.  I NEED A REPLY ASAP TO FIX THIS OTHERWISE I WILL BE ENCOURAGING MY CURRENT CLIENTS AND FUTURE CLIENTS TO OPT FOR ANOTHER IMAGING MANIPULATION PROGRAM. 

I can see the previews of my images in CC and when I go to import them, it says that none of them can be read. 

Please post a fix ASAP as I only have two days left in the field with these guests and none of them are impressed that this cannot be worked around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum, Inger - you're not making your threats to Adobe when you make them here.

Besides, as a teacher, presumably you understand the importance of providing full information?

ASK- Forum Success Guide: Efficiently using the forums

Regardless, you won't be getting a fix in two days. But - here's a wild thought - have you searched the forum for the error message? Because that thing comes up dozens of times very week, and every time someone is obliged to post the same solution yet again,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  Have been working 18 hour days and frustrated.  I managed to find a work around by importing the images to my desktop and then to lightroom.  It simply wouldn't import them directly from my memory cards.  Haven't got time to post more now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Lightroom and OS X system on my mac. My CF card with Canon images won't read and my import dialog won't even show up! Fix this crap! People are trying to make a living.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom and now it's working! I wish Adobe would simply tell you that you may encounter problems and offer some solutions when they put out updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a long chat with Adobe last night and the only solution was to uninstall Lightroom, go and reload Lightroom 6 and the update to 6.1.1 That fixed everything. So does this mean I can never update and I never have to pay again? Kidding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read through this and other forum threads and the downgrading "solution" posted by chrisb68637013 (uninstall Lightroom, reinstall Lightroom 6.0 and update not higher than than to version 6.1) worked for me. I use Lightroom on a Windows 10 machine where importing (add to library at current location) both folders including and excluding videos would simply stall. In my case I could cancel the import, without the computer freezing up, but the photos/videos stopped importing and nothing else I tried with version 6.3 would complete the job. Hopefully this issue gets fixed in version 6.4 but for now I stick to 6.1. I suggest you give it a try, my library has a large number of photos and videos (.mp4, .mov, .avi) which import flawlessly and smoothly in version 6.1. I refuse to mess around with files in my folders (e.g. take out videos) and I don't think doing so will per se fix the issue anyway, at least not for me.

Ps. I signed up to this forum to share that the downgrading "solution" by chrisb68637013 works for me as well. Thanks mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. OBVIOUSLY this is a problem that affects many users. Come on Adobe, SAY SOMETHING!

And how can we file a bug report on this?

-jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at there thread below.

all of a sudden my photos can't be imported because file can't be read.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeemster wrote:

I am having the same issue.

We've seen at least three different "issues" raised on this thread - and working solutions presented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting sick of this arbitrary, random moderation of posts, Adobe. Either explain, or I'm gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith Reeder wrote:

Getting sick of this arbitrary, random moderation of posts, Adobe. Either explain, or I'm gone.

It's not random, it's the spam filter grading your replies as requiring pre-approval; either because of something in them or in the thread they're posted to. Adobe has no control over the filter rules nor can they see what triggered them - spam protection is contracted to another company (Mollom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not good enough, Dave.

As Adobe is the paying customer here, it needs to /dictate /the rules

applied to the forum - not simply accept what Mollom is prepared to offer.

--

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Case in point: this was just posted (and allowed) by someone who trolls

the forum with impunity:

Cannot specify which is my "Secondary" monitor.

created by Tanja2014 <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Tanja2014> in

/Photoshop Lightroom/ - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/8290980#8290980>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines