Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Adding Grain / Noise to RAW CR3 Files after Import

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! 

I just recently purchased a MacBook Pro (operating system info attached in screenshot). I downloaded Lightroom Classic & I imported my first set of images shot on my Canon R which has CR3 files. Post import there is an added layer of noise/grain to each & every image. At first, I was thinking I had a few images just in soft focus or something, but it is on every single image. I submitted posts in several groups, researched & researched, & even did a remote help session with an Adobe Representative & there is still no solution. There a few posts online of people saying they experienced this similar issue with Lightroom & CR3 files, but I can't seem to find the answers. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated! This is my main source of income & I am currently at a stand still because I cannot edit like this. Thanks in advance everyone! 🙂 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing at 1:1 in Develop to see this? This is the only accurate view of any applied noise reduction and sharpening. Everything else is interpolated. I'm not doubting you as I've not seen the files, so this is to allow an accurate point of reference. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upload a DNG with your edits (or otherwise, a proprietary raw without) to something like Dropbox so we can examine the image data outside of Lightroom Classic. 

And let's just keep this discussion here, instead of the older one where you asked the same question:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/grain-noise-in-develop-mode-for-canon-e...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines