• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 update crashes all the time

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  big problem with the new update of Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 and it is crashing a lot. It has crashed when I used the Profiles browser and also when I used ordinary presets. I´m not doing anything else with LR but with this new version seems very unstable, the 7.2 was very stable. I have checked so I dont have GPU acceleration on plus I have updated with the latest graphicscard drivers.

One other problem is with the converted development presets is rearranged in a total chaos order. I can not find any logic behind how it is organized. Is there a easy way to have it back in the order I hade it version 7.2. In the filesystem it looks ok but LR is doing something else.

Br

Mats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 200 Replies 200
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.3.1 seems to have fixed the problem for me. No crashes so far and Lightroom has been open for five hours, including being left for three hours whilst I went to do a shoot for a client. Came back and still working.

Can I request on the next update an option to choose a default profile. I prefer to work with the "Camera Neutral" profile to give me the full gamut of colours to work with but even if I remove everything from favourites except Camera Neutral, Lightroom still defaults to the Adobe Standard profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PhotoClassic  wrote

Can I request on the next update an option to choose a default profile. I prefer to work with the "Camera Neutral" profile to give me the full gamut of colours to work with but even if I remove everything from favourites except Camera Neutral, Lightroom still defaults to the Adobe Standard profile.

That's been built-in to Lightroom for many years. Take a raw file and only change the profile to camera neutral. Then alt/option click on the button that is normally labelled reset but will turn into "Set Default ...".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Learn something new every day 🙂

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite hidden!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

I can't update to version 7.3.1, my Creative Cloud desktop application only updates Lightroom Classic CC to the buggy 7.3. Is this update currently limited to only some regions or users?

----------------------------------------

OK, it turns out I had to refresh the status of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (using the three dot menu).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested the latest version (7.3.1) - same crap as 7.3, my computer (Windows 10) restarts a couple of minutes after I launch LR CCC. I need to roll back to version 7.2 again 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 7.3.1 performs as poorly as 7.3 for me. The program will not allow me to safely eject the card reader after importing unless I close Lr first (the open program). If I eject the card reader without closing Lr and move to the Develop module, Lr becomes non-responsive and crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engineering is working on that issue for the next update: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-7-3-crash-on-eject-sd-card

Hit me too on the thread to be notified when the fix is out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it under the Develop module.  So this helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem "The program Lightroom.exe version 7.3.0.10 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel."

I didn't have this problem before last big update to LR Classic CC. 

When specifically happens in my case is this.  A short time after importing the raw files from the Sony a7R III or Fuji X-T2, the Lightroom window becomes unresponsive (window sort of grays out and I get the spinning mouse pointer) and eventually I just have to click the X to close the program and wait for the warning from Windows saying it's not responding and just go ahead and force it closed at that point.  When I open LR again, my imported files are there and everything is fine.  No more crashed (until I do another import).

My photography site: https://www.thephotographyhobbyist.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same problem for me with the new update. 

The program Lightroom.exe version 7.3.1.10 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 34e8

Start Time: 01d3dc0345dcc59c

Termination Time: 49

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\Lightroom.exe

Report Id: a87996d1-eaaf-4ddc-bada-532ba17250bc

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Lightroom Classic version: 7.3.1 [ 1167660 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition

Version: 10.0.16299

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3.3 GHz

Built-in memory: 12228.2 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 12228.2 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 1742.2 MB (14.2%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1875.7 MB

GDI objects count: 605

USER objects count: 2725

Process handles count: 1647

Memory cache size: 255.3MB

Internal Camera Raw revision: 933

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX

Camera Raw virtual memory: 844MB / 6114MB (13%)

Camera Raw real memory: 845MB / 12228MB (6%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1200

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 (21.21.13.7654)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC

Library Path: C:\Users\User\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog-2.lrcat

Settings Folder: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:

1) 500px

2) AdobeStock

3) Canon Tether Plugin

4) Facebook

5) Flickr

6) HDR Efex Pro 2

7) Nikon Tether Plugin

8) SmugMug

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 10de

Device : fc2

Subsystem : 630174b

Revision : a1

Video Memory : 2017

Adapter #2: Vendor : 1414

Device : 8c

Subsystem : 0

Revision : 0

Video Memory : 0

AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024

AudioDeviceName: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2

AudioDeviceSampleRate: 48000

Build: 10.0x7

Direct2DEnabled: false

GL_ACCUM_ALPHA_BITS: 16

GL_ACCUM_BLUE_BITS: 16

GL_ACCUM_GREEN_BITS: 16

GL_ACCUM_RED_BITS: 16

GL_ALPHA_BITS: 0

GL_BLUE_BITS: 8

GL_DEPTH_BITS: 24

GL_GREEN_BITS: 8

GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE: 2048

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 16384

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS: 4

GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS: 16384,16384

GL_RED_BITS: 8

GL_RENDERER: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2

GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 4.50 NVIDIA

GL_STENCIL_BITS: 8

GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation

GL_VERSION: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 376.54

GPUDeviceEnabled: false

OGLEnabled: true

(I left out some of the other info from the 'system info' output for brevity)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did the update

tested the problem... same issue again with the hanging as the person above described...

event log below

-System

-Provider
[ Name] Windows Error Reporting

-EventID1001

[ Qualifiers] 0
Level4
Task0
Keywords0x80000000000000
-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2018-04-24T18:01:14.539120200Z
EventRecordID109975
ChannelApplication
ComputerWS169.dia.local
Security
-EventData

AppHangTransient
Not available
Lightroom.exe
5ad744c8
unknown
unknown
unknown
unknown
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERC10C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERC10C.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERC11D.tmp.txt
68d36ca6-913c-438a-a65f-2b2fac7886b9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reverting back to 7.2 again

ugh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried every possible thing mentioned in this thread from Resets to reinstall, to list mode, turn off gpu acceleration, upgraded to latest bug fix version, and other things.

Still the same thing - LR stops responding if I walk away from the computer for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those of you that still have the crashing problem (like me - happens shortly after importing raw files, but haven't checked jpg since I never shoot jpg)...if you're on Windows 10, what branch and update are you at?  I'm on Windows 10 1709 with the most recent updates - 16299.402.   There was an update to Windows yesterday which is what you see below, but the version just before this one had the same problem.  Just wondering if there's a problem with this specific Windows version/update and Lightroom 7.3/7.3.1.  I know Windows updates have broken other things in Windows like our Pulse Secure VPN client at work.  Not necessarily Windows broke it, but a compatibility issue between that version of Windows and certain software.  Anyway, just a thought so I thought I would ask to see if others have the same Windows version I have and have the same problem...or maybe more importantly, people that have the same Windows version I have and Lightroom working with NO problems (no crashing).

2018-04-25 19_39_51-About Windows.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest Nvidia driver this morning 397.31 as well as reverted back to 7.2 and everything with Lightroom is great. So far....

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm...looks like I'll have to wait for 7.3.2 or whatever the next one is and hope it's fixed.  This is the first time I've had a serious crash problem like this with any version of LR I've had (version 1 thru 6 for the standalone and now LR CC Classic 7).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same deal with me, Lightrooom Classic CC been pretty stable over the years. The worst part for me is this also happened right when I replaced my 5 year old Windows PC with this new computer and LR CC Classic 7.3 and Photoshop CC was causing my brand new computer to completely freeze right after I did the installs. It was freaking me out that this new computer was way too fast for LR. I installed an old version of Fireworks and Dreamweaver CS6 and they are working just fine.

Just a lot of wasted time and headaches with LR 7.3/1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, version 1709, OS build 16299.371. Lightroom Classic versions 7.3 and 7.3.1 are completely unusable on my computer, soon after I open LR, the whole system reboots without warning. I had to roll back to version 7.2, which works without problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 7.3.1 resolves nothing. Still crashes as it did before.

Capture One continues to impress. I have decided to go with it.

Bye bye, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your computer re-boots when running some software, that is a problem with your computer, but quite possibly triggered by the software. This is important. It should not be possible for a piece of software to crash your computer (and it generally isn't). Drivers can, and bad hardware can. If it is bad hardware or bad drivers, this might mean that Lightroom triggers it, but it isn't the cause.

The most common cause of computer malfunctions like this is bad video drivers and bad memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing wrong with my computer, I use it throughout the day and it is rock stable, no problems at all apart from the crappy LR CCC V 7.3/7.3.1, which has some cryptic bug that reboots my system. I tried everything and I installed the latest graphics card drivers--no change. When I go back to version 7.2, everything works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, i had the same problem also in the past where i used a program and then the pc reboots.... and after testing my system i founnd out that the powerunit crapped out under high usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your experience, Richard. If the next version of LR is as unstable for me as the current one, I will test another power unit on my PC. I did notice that the fans started spinning noisily before each reboot. BTW, I just stress tested my CPU with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. I also tested RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostics. My PC passed both tests easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then the only option you have left is to do some searching into the task/event viewer in windows to see whats causing the problem because thats how i found out that my crashes where related to Windows Visuals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines