• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not opening on latest MacBook Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, i have seen this thread listed several times on older posts but i seem to be having the same issue.

Im a completley new Macbook user so that doesnt help however i have downloaded from the creative cloud, photoshop has installed fine and is working as should but Lightroom Classic just wont open, the start up pain displays for a couple of seconds and then disapers and nothing more.

I have deleted and unistalled, tried going back to an older version but the same thing happens everytime.

Im sure there has to be a simple solution that im not seeing due to being a nube on the Macbook.

Please help

System is 

Macbook Pro 2021

Mac OS Monterey 12.1

Thanks

Grant

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the splash screen comes up, does it state reading preferences, then fails?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A possibility, corrupt preference file.

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

The preference file can get corrupted leading to buggy behavior. A corrupt preference file will survive uninstalls, updates, and upgrades. By renaming or moving or deleting the preference file you create a situation where LrC will recreate a fresh new one upon startup of LrC. Be aware various settings will revert to defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched for these files but am unable to find any

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grant,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind telling us what's the latest thing you see Lightroom Classic loading on the start-up screen (splash screen)? Please ensure that Lightroom Classic has the necessary paermissions on the Mac by following the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and i hadnt done any of this, so have completed the steps above and rebooted.

Same issue remains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have also tried to uninstall agin and re-install with no sucess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I had support on remote access to my Macbook for nearly two hours, and thought they had sorted the issue but on exiting the chat it actually seems a new profile / user has been setup on which lightroom works but on the user profile i was it to work on the problem still persists.

So havent really gotten anywhere other that there is obviously an issue within my users settings.

It frustrating as i use lightroom for work and i have been paying a subscription for months for somethiong i cannot use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grant, 

I'm running into the same problem and hoping to get help from this thread as well. Thanks for posting.

MacBook Pro 2020
Mac OS Monterey 12.1

Summary of my experience:

Lightroom Classic used to work on my computer until the recent update. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program with no change. The start up screen (splash screen) freezes at the point where it is Reading Preferences. When I force quit the program the task manager doesn't say that the program is unresponsive, but the program never progresses past this point.

GoldingD's Suggestion

Since you're new to mac, here are the details of where I found the preference folder, but unfortunately no Lightroom file.

Open Finder window - Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences

I tried to reset the preferences following the instructions in the link they provided, hoping a new plist file would be created, but no success.

Nikunj’s Suggestion

I added Lightroom to Accessibility and Full Disk Access, restarted, and still no change either.

Please let me know if you figure something out. I really miss using Lightroom.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had support on remote access to my Macbook for nearly two hours, and thought they had sorted the issue but on exiting the chat it actually seems a new profile / user has been setup on which lightroom works but on the user profile i was it to work on the problem still persists.

So havent really gotten anywhere other that there is obviously an issue within my users settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working my way back installing older versions, and 10.4 seems to be working. My imports and data are all up to date from when I last used Lightroom with a newer version. Not ideal, but happy to be able to use the program again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on different hardware but when I rolled back to LrC 11.0.1 it would launch an run normally.

I had no luck deleting Preferences ... LrC 11.1 still hung on launch after deleting them.

My thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-classic-11-1-doesn-t-launch-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had to go back to version 10.4 to get Lightroom to work... I'll keep an eye on your thread as well for updates. Thanks for replying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines