• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom error message uploading to Blurb Lightroomv11

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Lightroom and trying to upload a book to Blurb. Error message is " An error occurred while creating the book". I have not used any fonts that I have not used before. I am not using commas in the title. I am also unable to export to PDF. Error message "There was an error creating the PDF file".  I have successfully created other books. Please help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have tried the suggestions and think I may have discovered an
issue. When I updated Lightroom I was in the middle of creating a book.
After the update Some random images were inserted and hidden behind
existing photos. I thought I removed them all. Now when I watch the
progress of the Export Book to PDF status I can see that it stalls on a
photo. However I didn't include the photo and cannot see it in my book it.
How do I locate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can locate the image that 'stalls'- do some investigating on that page.

The visible photo cell is easily selected by a [click] on the photo.

Any 'invisible' photo cell hidden behind a larger photo can be located by-

a) Moving the cursor over the visible photo until it strikes the cell of the hidden photo and makes the cell visible (but not the photo). Drag the hidden cell with the central handle away from the top image.

b) Use the [Right-click] context menu to  [Send to back] the top image and make the hidden image now appear on top.

2022-03-05 08_41_35-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg         2022-03-05 08_42_03-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg

Another guide to photos used in the book is the number on the Filmstrip.  If you see it as '2' or '3' you will know it has been used more than once. (consider the Cover can use an image 'twice')

2022-03-05 08_45_17-Clipboard.jpg

If you [Double-Click] on this number, you will highlight the Pages where this image is used.

2022-03-05 08_51_24-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg

2022-03-05 08_51_39-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! What a craziness. The hidden photo was never visible, even after
removing the other photos and text. I deleted the entire page, the. Added
the page back and put back the photos I wanted. Success. The PDF is now
ready. Thanks. Not a text issue at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The hidden photo was never visible,"-  Maybe there was no photo actually 'added' to the (hidden) CELL. ie. You had an empty Photo Cell on the page.  Even an empty Cell could cause the problem.

Weird "craziness" indeed.- In my testing of a book for your question, I created a hidden photo cell on a page, and the exported PDF saved, but was really "out of whack"  (How's that for a description?).  The 'Hidden' photo printed in the PDF,  the 'Top' photo did not, book pages before and after the 'problem page' did not print to the PDF in the same order as the book in LrC.!

I will be double-checking EVERYTHING in my books in future.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very weird indeed–Thanks for the troubleshooting Rob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines