• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom will not read sony ARW files

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood the latest version of Lightroom supported the recent Sony A7 series, whose RAW files are Sony's own ARW files. I have the latest Lightroom but it will not read these files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Here is a list of the Sony A7 series cameras that Lightroom supports, and the version of Lightroom required. The Lightroom versions are in the highlighted area.

Capture.JPG

If you are certain you have the appropriate version of Lightroom installed, then provide more information. Can your operating system browser see the raw files? Have they been downloaded to your hard drive? What operating system are you using? What is the exact version of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 108 Replies 108
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are definitely running Lightroom 6.0. You should be able to update by going to the help menu in Lightroom. If that doesn't work then you can go to the following website and download the .9 update. Take note that the single update file will update either Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC. After you perform the update you will find that you will have support for your camera.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incorrect.  I have Lightroom 10.12 [4] and my .ARW files shot on my Sony A7xII will not import into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.12 is not a Lightroom  version number. That looks like a MacOS version number.

In Lightroom, go to Help/About Photoshop Lightroom (the bottom selection in the drop down menu and you will see something like this:

LR Version in Help.JPG

The number on the left is the LR version number. If you are using LR 6 and not CC, the first number will be "6"

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mekilie  wrote

This is incorrect.  I have Lightroom 10.12 [4]

What KR Seals said.

10.12[4] = macOS Sierra 10.12.4.

Your Lightroom version number can also be found under Help > System Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I downloaded a test version of the Lightroom and it functions with my A7ii

Now i bought a version in the store lightroom 6 and i all my Sony files are not working. Is it now really that i bought it for nothing?

Thanks for the help

Robbert Fielemon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If what you have is the Sony A7RII and you just installed Lightroom 6, you only have Lightroom 6.0. You need at least Lightroom 6.1.1 but Lightroom has progressed to Lightroom 6.10.1 at this point. You need to update in order to have support for your camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom will still not read my ARW files. I have the Lightroom CC 2015 version. My creative cloud says everything is up to date when I look for upgrades. I have tried downloading version 15.10.1 straight from the internet, but nothing changes. This is getting very frustrating. Please help.

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.12 [6]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updater sometimes does not detect correctly. You actually have 2015.0 whereas the latest is 2015.12.

Download and then install the 2015.12 update directly from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Lightroom from that exact location 3 times already. The installer runs and completes successfully, but my Lightroom version remains at 2015.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a nasty bug in the 2015.12 updater that manifests itself on some

machines. I have seen it on a few machines of people I teach Lightroom now.

It will install the update but will actually revert the installed version

of Lightroom to 2015.0. The only solution that always works is to

completely wipe creative cloud and Lightroom from your machine using

creative cloud cleaner from Adobe:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

and then reinstall creative cloud from Adobe and install Lightroom from

there. This will get you to 2015.12. Nothing else seems to work if you

have this problem. Not just wiping Lightroom and reinstalling. Not manually

downloading the updater. It just reverts Lightroom to 2015.0.

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 11:14 AM, alecr75723364 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! Thank you so much! You're a lifesaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help. Ran into this first myself on my backup machine. It is very

pernicious as the updater tells you the update was successful but when you

start Lightroom it shows you you are back at the .0 version. Amazingly, you

can update to 2015.11 and when you then apply the .12 update it will bring

you back to .0. I tracked it down through the log files from adobe updater

and it showed it skips the update after it first downgrades to .0 because

of some internal error. Terrible programming that the GUI doesn't warn you

about this error condition and actually tells you the update was

successful. As I said seen it on quite a few machines now but have no idea

what triggers it.

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 2:06 PM, alecr75723364 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I recently got the Sony A7III camera and started taking photos in RAW. I previously used the Canon with the .CR2 extension with no problem. However, the .ARW extension is not being recognized by Lightroom. I have Lightroom 6.0. It IS a registered product, but when I try to go to update it (even though I thought that Lightroom 5.7 and higher would read these), it will only let me buy Lightroom CC and NOT let me update my product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2478335 to download program installers, which I think includes the latest version of LR6 (6.14?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The A7iii requires Lightroom 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no workaround for this if I am not at a place to afford the subscription-base version 7+ models?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the free dng converter you can download from Adobe.

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 10:28 PM jackieg21347903 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The free workaround that is available from Adobe is the standalone DNG converter. You need to create DNG copies of the raw images first, and then those DNG files can be imported into older versions of Lightroom and treated just like the original raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased new Sony RX100 Mk 6. Unfortunately the latest LR update doesn’t allow the import for these ARW files yet. In the meantime I‘ve taken a lot of RAWs and I am looking forward to a comfortable solution. Thanks for a contructive reply, Joerg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you can do is wait. I'm positive that it will be added as soon as possible. When? Nobody knows.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased new Sony RX100 Mk 6. Unfortunately the latest LR update doesn’t allow the import for these ARW files yet. In the meantime I‘ve taken a lot of RAWs and I am looking forward to a comfortable solution. Thanks for a contructive reply, Joerg

Historically, most new Sony cameras (69%) get supported by LR in the release following the cameras' announcements, and the rest get supported in the next release after that. But the RX100 VI was announced June 5, just two weeks before LR 7.4 was released, and Adobe probably didn't even have its hands on the camera yet.  So almost certainly LR 7.5 will support the camera.  Adobe releases new versions of LR every 8 weeks on average, so we might see LR 7.5 mid-August. See here for details:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10393841#10393841

Meanwhile you can use Sony's Imaging Edge software (replacing the old Image Data Converter) to convert the raw files to TIFF or JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with RAW files from my a7 and an older version of LR that has worked perfectly well with RAW files from my a850. I expect that Adobe in its benevolence has issued a free patch to address the issue and is not using the same extortionate technique employed by the video playback software companies of periodically disabling their software to force an upgrade when they want more money. Can someone tell me where I can dowmload the patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which 'same' problem?

What is your exact version of LR and which exact camera do you try to import RAW from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gents,

I am on Release 7.1 and Camera Raw 10.1 ... but unable to read a6000 ARW files.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact error message you are getting and or what exactly do you see or don't see on the screen when trying to import.

We need specifics. Also a screen shot will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines