• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost ability to sync

Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this 4 days ago on this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-lightroom-classic-no-longer-syncs-completely...

I did not see a reply (normally some kind soul replies relatively quickly) so perhaps the above thread that had a “correct reply” is closed off ??

There is at least one other thread that talks about syncing issues, but it didn’t seem to be quite the same. So I posted it on https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-classic-syncing-issue/td-p/13...

But still no replies so I am now trying it as a new thread on BUGS hoping someone can assist.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Background:

My sync’ed images are used in Adobe Portfolio, Express and a number of standalone collections shared by Lightroom Links.

About 10 days ago I tried entering keywords on new images and didn’t notice that my click on “Click here to add keywords” didn’t connect; I carried on typing causing the screen to change modes (presumably as I typed short cut keys). I recovered back to the Library screen, but noticed all my keywords were gone for the entire catalog. (I was deleting keywords in the new images) Then I spotted the SYNC METADATA on the right side of the screen was ON!! I never use that, but somehow in the mishmash of typing I must have clicked on it unknowingly.

To get my keywords back I copied my last catalog back-up (the full catalog set of files, not just the zipped back-up) When I clicked on the lrcat file it said corrupted but LrC fixed it.

Keywords were back so I though all was OK and have been working with the (fixed up) catlog for about a week.

Now I have just noticed that NONE of my collections are showing as being sync’ed (The zig-zag line next to the synced collections are all gone) and the top right syncing activity dialogue box is showing 14,874 syncing.

(I don't think the problems vis-a-vis the keywords has anything to do with the syncing issue as I had closed LrC a few times after resolving the keywords issue without being told of on-going syncing in the LrC close dialogue)

Following Rikki’s instructions on page 1 of the thread mentioned above:

I went to step 1 (lightroom.adobe.com), no issues showed

I went to step 2, let the syncing run for 60 minutes - no change in numbers

I went to step 3, (Preferences>Lightroom sync>sync activity)nothing showed.

I have not tried changing the synch.lrdata to “old” yet. 

I have some zipped catalog back-up files from late December 

See screen grabs below

UPDATE Jan 19 LrC is no longer trying to sync the 14,874 files. Clicking next to a collection does not cause it to sync.

I am on Win 10, running LrC ver 12.1

Thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure where to start with this because you're all over the map. 

What are you trying to do that you can't?

Are you trying to sync to Portfolio from LR CC, LR Mobile or LR Web?

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360035978374-Lightroom-module

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360036720853-How-the-Lightroom-integration-works

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying Nancy

I agree I am "all over the place", but I was trying to give some background that might help to figure out the solution.

I'll try to explain as succinctly as I can.....
I use LrC exclusively for editing etc, have since the software first was made available.

LrC will no longer sync any collections to the cloud. Nor does it show any of the collections that have been synced in the past. The little zig-zags on the left side of the collections for synced selections are gone. Right clicking on a collection does not give an option to sync. (see screen garb)

The 18,748 images that had been synced are still there at lightrooom.adobe.com, But LrC is showing "0" synced (see screen grab)

I want to continue syncing new collections, some of which will be used in Portfolio as I have been doing for the past approx 2 years. (Some were used in Express before I switched to Portfolio.)

I hope that is clearer

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  First, ensure that your plan's storage quota is not maxed out.  See below for more details.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/file-storage-quota.html

When syncing is stuck, follow the solutions below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/stuck-syncing.html

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click your Avatar (top right image) > Preferences > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Update now.
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps & wait a few minutes.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your paid ID and password.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 2.2gb of 23.

The reference for stuck syncing seemed to refer to Lightroom, not Lightroom Classic

I went through your 9 steps.

Lightroom Classic is now showing 54 files synced. (Those are 15 new files I tried syncing before I discovered the problem, and 39 from a collection that was synced but wasn't showing as being synced, I tried syncing it when I was trying to sort out the problem a week ago.) (Lightroom.adobe.com is not showing the 15 new files as being synced)

In the sync box, top right of Lightroom Classic, it is showing syncing 18,874 files. That is the number that were synced before this issue arose

See new screen grab

The syncing pauses everytime I leave that screen and come here to type this reply, and I have to restart it. I have not seen any reductioon in the 18,874 number while tyeing this

The option to sync a collection is now appearing when I right click on a collection. See screen print

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: All the collections that had been synced are not showing the little zig-zag line to the left of each collection

Still no change in the number of files being syuned, but as I say it pauses everytime I leave the screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest you reach out to Adobe Technical Support.  Maybe they can figure out what's causing your sync interruptions.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Keep us posted on what you discover.  It may help other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy

I'll call tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy:

To make a long story short, issue has been worked with senior tech support but not resolved yet. They were tied up for 3 days before getting back to me, worked on it for 3 to 4 hours over 2 days, but not completed as I had to leave on a trip.

We will pick up from where they left off when I get back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines