Exit

LR Classic 11.0.1 Rendering Errors

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 12.0.1

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)

Lightroom Classic 11.0.1 (same under 11.0.0)

Image doesn't appear in Library Module the same as in Develop Module. Exports to JPEG match the Library view, but not the Develop view. It appears to happen when using Select Subject masks in particular. The first image is a screenshot of the Develop View. The second is an exported JPEG of the same image, which matches the Library view. I'm unable to export a JPEG that matches the Develop view.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want an accurate preview of the data? You have to view in Develop module at 1:1 or gerater. ALL the other modules use a differing preview architecture. They should be 'close' but there is no guarantee of a visual match. Now if the previews are really out of bounds, it could be a GPU issue, or even a display profile issue. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, thedigitaldog! It appears that in the Develop Module, if (as you suggest) I view at 100% or greater, the image now appears to match the Library View and the Exported version. Unfortunately, it's the original Develop version that I want! 🙂 But it also appears that if I view at 100% in the Develop Module, then make changes in Fill (less than 100%) view, it all works well. I don't need to zoom to 100% again. Just once seems to do it. This was not the case before LRC 11, at least as far as I know. Plus, it does seem to be a bug that should be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't have what didn't exist (sorry). You can re-edit now that the preview is correct, to produce a color appearance you desire that is previewing correctly. 

In LR or Photoshop or any application that zooms out, you'll never get 100% match to color, tone and mostly sharpness because you are not viewing 1 image pixel with 1 screen pixel. The application has to subsample down, to zoom out, the image and that is where a loss of accuracy takes place. Again, even when zoomed out in Develop, the differences shouldn't be that large but, you do need to be at 1:1 or greater if you want to really see an accurate preview. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshots show a huge difference, clearly suggestive of a bug. Please select the edited raw file, do Metadata > Save Metadata To File, then upload the raw and its xmp sidecar to Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar and post the sharing link here. That will allow Adobe to reproduce the problem (and make it much more likely that, if it's a bug, they'll fix it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original RAW file, XMP and screenshots at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s9k64h6utg6lrin/AAA_armIXM8_l6f3doR2GBqqa?dl=0. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem in my LR 11.0.1 / Mac OS 11.6, unfortunately.

When I first imported the image, the thumbnail in Library showed the original image and then a few seconds later updated it to the edited image (very similar to what was shown in Develop).  I think this longer-than-normal delay in updating the thumbnail is due to Camera Raw recomputing the Select Subject mask (which isn't included in the .xmp file).  

However, I did see another bug with that photo and its edits -- Before/After didn't work on it. I reported it here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/before-after-doesn-t-work-on-photo-with-mulitp...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those on this thread:

If you send the affected image to Camera Raw does Camera Raw render it correctly or the same as Lightroom Classic? 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar but different issue: LrC 11.5 Raw processing does not retain all process changes from Develop (DM) to Library (LM) Module - Screenshots attached. Issue usually appears in images with large luminance differences that have been corrected in DM. Workaround - send DM to Ps, save to HD as Tiff, Jpg, etc. If desired, reimport new file to LrC. 

DM Screeshot - processed

charlesg93369708_0-1662236937196.png

LM Screenshot - processed

charlesg93369708_1-1662237113854.png

LM Screeshot - Imported TIFF from Ps DM saved image

charlesg93369708_2-1662237263116.png

System Info

Lightroom Classic version: 11.5 [ 202208080927-8a575c91 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.19044
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3.0GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 32573.2 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32573.2 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 4757.9 MB (14.6%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 10519.3 MB
GDI objects count: 1087
USER objects count: 3523
Process handles count: 2599
Memory cache size: 10.0MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 14.5 [ 1177 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 1137MB / 16286MB (6%)
Camera Raw real memory: 1282MB / 32573MB (3%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 2560x1440
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (30.0.15.1277)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Slight differences visually between all modules and Develop are to be expected. Develop module uses a unique preview architecture and is the most accurate way to view your edits. Plus one must view at 1:1 or greater zoom. 

If the differences are dramatic, it could be a GPU issue (disable and view again) or a corrupted display profile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines