• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR/Instagram plugin just starting giving an error

Contributor ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the LR/Instagram plugin (registered) for some time.  Today, when I tried to publish, I got this popup and the photo in my library still says it's unpublished. However, it actually is on my Instagram account.  Anyone else seeing this?   How to fix?

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 11.22.12 AM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Looks like Facebook is blocking direct upload from third-party developers like lightroom since August 2018 on their services (like instagram)

See here for more details:

Facebook authentication check failed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 136 Replies 136
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just published two photos using version 1575. No problems or error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW:

Win10

LRInstagram build 1594

Works like a charm!

(yes, I had to delete the old plugin and reinstall the new.)

Cheers!

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have come back to work after an absence since mid summer and find the same thing.  As others have stated, it is a political ie backend change.  My workaround is to make my collections shareable via Lightroom Mobile (whatever they are calling it this week) and uploading to Instagram from my iPad.  At least this way I can upload processed photos, if a bit of a pain.  Not nice for curating things, grr.  Do not install both versions of Lightroom on your desktop, that lead to serious catalogue trouble for a friend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a current version of the plugin 0.6.1594.

I reinstalled the plugin and the LR and I still have no access.

I install the plugin, you will "configure" I type the login and a password and it is a LOGIN_REQUIRED message.

I received a login account in my personal email but no access is not authorized.

I've tried several solutions and not success

frustration!

tela 3.png

No assistance from Adobe or Intagram!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should take this issue up with the author of the LR/Instagram plugin. Adobe nor Instagram have nothing to do with this.

I just noticed that my Lrinstagram plugin is missing. I think a recent Win 10 is responsible. I had to reset some LR preferences.

Try uninstalling and reinstall the plugin and enter your IG login information fresh.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ja escrevi ao responsável pelo plugin, mas ele não retornou.

Citei o instagram, porque recebo e-mail confirmando início de sessão, mas não tenho a opção de confirmar esse login.

Acredito que isso funcionaria como uma autorização para o plugin.

Solicitei apoio ao suporte do instagram e não obtive qualquer resposta. Nem aquela que dizia que a situação deveria ser tratada por outro meio.

A adobe tambem não nos orienta sobre a possível existência de uma memória  de login.

Já reinstalei o plugin  e até o LR e fiz todo o processo do início, partindo do zero, mas sem sucesso.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already wrote to the person responsible for the plugin, but he did not return.

I quoted the instagram, because I get email confirming login, but I do not have the option to confirm this login.

I believe it's a function as an authentication for the plugin.

I requested support for instagram support and got no response. What should be information should be treated by another means.

Adobe also does not guide us about a possible existence of a login memory.

I already did the plugin and did the LR and did the whole process from the beginning, starting from scratch, but without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the LR/Instagram webpage FAQ:

login_required

The plugin session is no longer valid, please go to publish settings, logout and then login again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution is not useful for my problem.
The plugin does not authenticate my login, so I have no option to log out.

My problem is not for publiccat photo, but to configure the plugin, since it does not accept the login

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not scan all the responses here, but in case it was not already mentioned...

One possible solution to having to move images around to other locations (eg dropbox) where you can use an Instagram-friendly device to post to Instagram is to use your web browser set to simulate a mobile device. To do so, chose the Developer mode and select the mobile device to simulate and then log into your instagram account.  In that view of Instagram, all the features/buttons should be available and you can upload and caption a selected image.  Ya it isn't as convenient as having a plugin, but it is simply than doing the image file shuffle boogie just to get a posting to your account.

For example, using Chrome on a Mac (shouldn't be that different with Firefox, Safari, or Opera .. or with a PC)

Select the Developer mode:

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 09.28.27.png

Select the device simulation mode. For Chrome, this is the device icon (overlaid rectangles), second from the left:

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 09.33.30.png
On Chrome, this button will activate the device toolbar.

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 09.36.06.png

Choose your desired mobile device from the Responsive drop down list:

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 09.36.39.png

Et voilà. Log into your Instagram account and post images directly from your Mac/PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a lot!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just went into the plugin manager and hit reload plugin.  That did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines