• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC 12.1 on Monterey 12.6.2 Apple Silicon does not eject CF Express Type A card connected via USB-C

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR version: Classic 12.1

OS Version: MacOS 12.6.2

Card: SD Express Type A, connected via USB-C

Machine: Mac Studio Ultra

Problem:

When importing from the card, everything goes well and the little tune/chord plays when it's finished.  However, although the box for "Eject Card After Import" is checked, the card is not ejected automatically. I can, however, eject it manually with no problem.  I tried unchecking and re-checking the box; no effect.  It has always auto-ejected in the past.  This problem started with LRC 12.1.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue may be due to that Type A reader. It is apparently being 'treated' like a hard drive so it isn't unmounting. I've heard a few others post issues with that kind of reader such as here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-detect-cf-express-cards-as-a-device-in-addi...

Go there and vote too.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW CF Express Type A cards were correctly ejected by Lightroom Classic, at least on my machine, right up until 12.1. Some explicit change made it quit working, probably a side effect of some bug fix.  No change in my hardware here, nor in the version of the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to go back to previous versions?

In Adobe Creative Cloud, select the product you wish to roll back, click on the three dots and select "Other Versions".

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh heck no.  I just rented a Sony A7R v, and if I roll back Lightroom, there goes my RAW file support.  No, I just wanted to point out that with 12.1, something that used to work, now doesn't.  I'll just have to remember to manually eject the card on each import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't blame you, just wanted to offer options.
Including installing the latest version of the DNG converter to support the new Sony, and rolling back. Doesn't seem worth it but possible.
Best solution is to upvote on the post I provided. The more, the better. That gets engineering to view and fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Huh.  The last time I read in photos from that code, yesterday, the card did indeed dismount on its own (i.e. Lightroom succeeded in unmounting it), though it took a while.  So whatever's going in is a genuine bug somewhere, and apparently with an element of race condition added just for good measure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines