• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M1 MBP Notch GUI artifacts in Full Screen

Mentor ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been bugged for about a year now, since the notched MBPs shipped. Will it ever be fixed?
Repro:

- Use Shift-F and cycle through modes until OS menu bar disappears.

- Use Tab to hide all panels

- Mouseover top panel/module picker

Result: Module picker GUI is detached (see attached)

(I've also indicated other bugs in the SS.)

Alternatively, you can show the module picker using F5, but this then covers up the Library Filters and everything else at the top of the GUI across the modules.

Adobe, you've had almost a year to fix the LR GUI to accommodate the notch and it still hasn't been fixed?

MacOS 12.5.1, M1 Max 16"

LR_NavBar.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not Adobe, we are just other LrC users. We can't fix anything.

More than likely, the problem is the GPU driver and not anything Adobe did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dj_paige wrote:

We're not Adobe, we are just other LrC users. We can't fix anything.

More than likely, the problem is the GPU driver and not anything Adobe did.

+1. And further: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idi-p/12373403

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dj_paige  There is no "GPU driver" for macOS and this is a bug related to how the notched MBPs have a slightly different aspect ratio that Adobe has yet to accomodate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Earth Oliver wrote:

@dj_paige  There is no "GPU driver" for macOS and this is a bug related to how the notched MBPs have a slightly different aspect ratio that Adobe has yet to accomodate. 

As Ian points out, seems like either an Apple bug or the improper user setting to accommodate

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to reproduce this behavior using these instructions. 

Perhaps you could provide more information about your environment. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Rikk Flohr: Photography No real enviro to speak of. Just running a standard 16" M1 MBP with a notch. The different aspect ratio of the notched machines causes a bug when the app is in the menu-hiding mode. The bug is persistant throughout all resolution modes... native and scaled. And in Lr, changing the font size pref doesn't change the bug either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is an Apple issue that results from enabling the 'Scale to fit below built-in camera' checkbox in LrC 'Get Info'. In below screenshot, I've shown how I have my M1 Pro configured to avoid the issue.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines