• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help recovering license keys for LR 4 and LR 5

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thru a variety of screw ups, I have lost my license files/emails/back ups of the license files for Lightroom 4 and the Lightroom 5 upgrade for Mac OS. Other than this support community, I cannot find a way to communicate with Adobe to help resolve this issue. Can anyone please help me find a way to get this resolve thru Adobe?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log in to your account at Adobe. If you ever registered your Lightroom with Adobe you may see the Serial numbers there. Otherwise, if you have not stored them somewhere you could be 'out of luck'!

https://account.adobe.com/products

Find your serial number

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Rob_Cullen , but I bought LR 4 & 5 long before CC was a thing. I never went back and registered the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Registering a product was possible long before CC appeared, it simply made a record of your Serial Number in an Adobe Account.

If you still have Lr4 or 5 still installed on a computer, then there may be a way to find the Serial Number. In Windows it was possible to find a Serial Number by opening a .LRREG file with a text editor. C:/Program Data/Adobe/Lightroom/Lightroom 5.0 Registration.LRREG

I do not know where you would find this in a Mac.

This is from my .LRREG text file-

Rob_Cullen_0-1630972920906.png

{original_serial_number} is my Lr4

{serial_number} is my Lr5 (which was an 'update' version)

Otherwise, if you have not recorded the numbers anywhere else, it is time you considered an upgrade to v10.4 with a subscription to the Photography Plan.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you... One of the original screw ups was to "sudo rm -rf /Library/Adobe*" cuz I was frustrated with Adobe CC. I tried to uninstall Adobe CC the natural way, but there was ton of residue on my machine. So, I nuked everything the hard way. Good news - Adobe is off my machine... Bad news - so is any file like the LRREG... oh well, thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no mandatory registration for Lr version 1 to 5.

So that may be your problem. Unless you saved elsewhere you are out of luck.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines