• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: All history lost when upgrading catalog

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I updated to LR 12 classic this morning. After it converted my catalog, it crashed stating that the catalog was corrupt. It then repaired it. It then crashed again, stating that the catalog was corrupt.

The first corrupt catalog is 1.6GB. The second is 1.2GB.

It then repaired it again. This final catalog is 300MB and contains zero history. The photos are in their last edited state, but I can not go back to previous steps nor copy settings to another file.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give me a couple of examples from the catalogs submitted of File Names that are missing history in after vs before?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick. I'm away from home for the Thanksgiving holiday. 
Since I no longer have 12.x installed, I would have to take an educated guess. Here's what I propose: when I get back, I export a couple hundred files as a new catalog in 11.5. Then I'll update LR classic and upgrade the newly exported catalog. This will minimize file transfer sizes versus a catalog with tens of thousands of entries, and I can easily provide both 11.5 and 12.x versions, and point out filenames with history steps lost.

Does that sound good?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tentatively happy to state that, with 12.0.1, I am not having the data loss. I'll keep poking at the catalog and will prepare copies if the situation repeats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops, I spoke too soon. Same behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case upgrading the LR 11 catalog on a different computer solved the problem. I have LR 12 also on my laptop, a somewhat "cleaner" installation without any third-party plugins etc. Upgraded the catalog to LR12 on this laptop (no problems), moved the upgraded catalog to my main computer. So far no problems with the catalog, no data corruption. 

Not sure what exactly caused the problems (maybe a plugin?), but it seems to be a problem with the installation on my main computer, not the catalog itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking on some older photos (all before 2022) I realize that the complete protocol (history of single steps in developing) is lost. Would anyone have an idea why this happens and if I could possibly recover the protocol?

macOS Ventura 13.1

LR Classic 12.1

Camera Raw 15.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even worse: all history before say Nov 2022 is lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have reported lost History steps when upgrading their catalog to LR 12:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-all-history-lost-when-upgrading-catalog/idi-...

Read carefully through that thread to see if any of the posted workarounds might help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arg me too. I'm running Lightroom 12.4. Lightroom came up with a message that my catalog  was corrupted and needed to be repaired. Following repair, I lost the develop history on all my photos and can't revert to originals. This is super frustrating. I'm constantly makeing changes and have over 126,000 photos in my catalog so reverting to my last backup is going to be a mess 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Last week's backup has my history intact, but duplicating all the changes I've made is going to take forever. I've been using Lightroom happily for 13+ years but it seems like there's been one catastrophe after another since upgrading to the subscription version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines