• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Does the deprecation of Synced Creative Cloud Files on Feb 1, 2024 affect Lightroom Syncs?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Lightroom Classic files still be synced across devices after 1 February 2024? Thank you.

Jeff

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

No, this has nothing to do with syncing in Lightroom. It concerns something completely different, namely the Dropbox-like folder called 'Creative Cloud Files' that is in your Mac's home folder. Items placed in that folder would sync to the cloud and to the same folder on another computer in your subscription, but this stops soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Files synced via Lightroom are not affected.

The letter you received refers to Creative Cloud Synced Files - not Lightroom Synced Files - they are two different things. 

To see these files you can look at your "Creative Cloud Files" folder on your local drive or go to: https://assets.adobe.com/files

For more information:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not grasping the reason for this question at all. Are you aware of some statement made by Adobe that syncing will stop on that date? If so, please share. Otherwise, explain the reason for this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I received an email from Adobe about discontinuation of synced files from that date. It does not include Lightroom or Photoshop files. Please see Rikk's post for a better explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files synced via Lightroom are not affected.

The letter you received refers to Creative Cloud Synced Files - not Lightroom Synced Files - they are two different things. 

To see these files you can look at your "Creative Cloud Files" folder on your local drive or go to: https://assets.adobe.com/files

For more information:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Rikk Flohr: Photography

I only use Lightroom Classic, and so I don't know what "Creative Cloud Synced Files" are, could you provide an explanation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this effect the ability to upload photos to Lightroom (desktop or mobile), and then have those photos sync accross my other devices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Will this effect the ability to upload photos to Lightroom (desktop or mobile)"

No!  As Rikk Flohr states- "....not Lightroom Synced Files..."

This is 'your "Creative Cloud Files" folder on your local drive'

2023-08-02 09_55_21-Home.jpg

I use it to store copies of my Lightroom Settings, Presets, and Ps Actions, so they are easily accessible to re-install.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.3.1 Photoshop 25.9, ACR 16.3.1, Lightroom 7.3, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.0, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given how you use this feature, what are you plans for storing those items going forward?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Creative Cloud User,

We want to let you know about an upcoming change to your personal Creative Cloud account. Adobe is modernising the Creative Cloud storage experience and will begin discontinuing Creative Cloud Synced files on 1 February 2024.

How this may impact you:

• Files saved to Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer will no longer automatically sync with assets.adobe.com.
• Files that are uploaded directly to assets.adobe.com or the Creative Cloud Mobile App will not be automatically copied to your computer.
 Recommended actions:

• If you do not save assets to the Creative Cloud Synced files, no action is needed.
• Ensure your assets are properly backed up locally or to third-party cloud storage.
 It is important to emphasise that there will be no change to Creative Cloud Documents functionality. You can still save files as Creative Cloud Documents via applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator; these files will remain in sync across devices.

Regards,
Adobe Creative Cloud Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom Creative Cloud on Windows & iPhone. Will the information below from Adobe affect this being synced & backed up to the Cloud or will this continue as usual?: "Dear Creative Cloud User, We want to let you know about an upcoming change to your personal Creative Cloud account. Adobe is modernising the Creative Cloud storage experience and will begin discontinuing Creative Cloud Synced files on 1 February 2024. How this may impact you: • Files saved to Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer will no longer automatically sync with assets.adobe.com."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This change has no impact on photos, videos, presets, or other content stored by Lightroom.  There are no changes to Lightroom application content or behavior.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Lightroom and I 

use the Lightroom mobile app for my photography image processing. I've relied on my photos being stored in the cloud but I've received the attached email about a change. 
What I'm wondering is whether I need to back up all of my photos that are stored in Lightroom so I don't lose them at the time of the change? I don't think the email is suggesting that, but it seems unclear to me. Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonny

IMG_6460.png

 

IMG_6461.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email saying that Adobe will begin discontinuing Creative Cloud Synced files. I sync files between my iPad (Lightroom CC on the go) and desktop computer/local storage (Lightroom Classic when back home). Will this stop working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know this as well. I looked at the help page regarding this and the it sounds like it only affects files that synced from a specific folder on your computer. In Windows, the location by default is: C:\Users\<Username>\Creative Cloud Files (Mac is: HD/Users/<Username>/Creative Cloud Files). 

Looking at that folder, it's not where Lightroom stores it's synced files. If you opened the Creative Cloud app on your desktop, click the files tabs, at the bottom there's a 'Open Sync Folder' button in the bottom left.

So this makes me hope that it won't affect Lightroom. But I'd really like some confirmation on this as it's a feature I also use a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry. Lightroom will continue to work. The only thing that stops is a rather obscure option that most people don't use (that is why it stops) and don't even know exists. What stops is the Dropbox-like option you had with the folder (located in your Home folder) called 'Creative Cloud Files'. Items placed in that folder sync to the cloud, and so to the same folder on any other computer that is connected to the same account.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently got this in my email:

Adobe is modernizing the Creative Cloud storage experience and will begin discontinuing Creative Cloud Synced files on February 1, 2024.

Anyone know how this affects Lightroom CC users? Yes, I'm lazy. TIA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will NOT effect the Lightroom cloud. Creative Cloud Files is separate from Lightroom and when it gets discontinued it won't impact your Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Theresa. That's a relief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Thank you, that is a relief. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an email announcing the Discontinuation of Creative Cloud Synced files. I am probably being thick, but what exactly does this mean to a Lightroom user? Does this mean my photos will no longer be stored on the cloud? My plan gives me 1tb of storage and allows the cloud files to be accessed on my phone and tablet as well as my laptop. Will these changes mean this won't happen any more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I wonder if Adobe Lightroom photos are going to be affected by the changes and deleting in my "Creative cloud account" on 1st of February 2024?

/Ida

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you haven't already, see the pinned reply at the top of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines