• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New AI-powered Generative Remove (Early Access) available across all surfaces.

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post applies to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products.
Post Camera Raw feedback here

The Lightroom team is sharing an early look at Generative Remove, which makes it easier to remove unwanted objects and distractions, even on complex backgrounds, with a simple brush stroke. Generative Remove is powered by Firefly AI.

How to use Generative Remove on a desktop:

• You can find Generative Remove under the newly renamed Remove panel (aka “Heal”).
  • Make sure the “generative AI” checkbox is enabled before you start brushing (note: when unchecked, Lightroom will use Content-Aware Remove to fill your brushed spots). 
  • By default, you will be given a moment to refine your selection with an add or subtract brush. Remember to include shadows for a more accurate result! You can also skip this step by holding down ‘CTRL’ on windows or ‘CMD’ on mac as you finish your brush stroke. 
  • Once you’re ready to apply and have accepted the terms, Generative Remove will use Firefly AI to remove your distractions and intelligently fill in the space that’s left by the removed objects. 
  • Note: stable internet connection is required to use this feature.
  • Generative Remove also lets you choose from multiple variations, so you can pick the one you like best, giving you full creative control. 

Checkout the FAQ and Best Practices

Please give it a try and share feedback and/or report variations in this community forum. It would greatly help to include details like which app you are using (i.e., Lightroom Classic or Camera Raw) and other system details. Our team will continually monitor this thread to track issues to improve the future experience.

Lisa Ngo: Lightroom Product Manager
Posted by: Rikk Flohr 

Update:
Here are some tips if you are having issues with the feature replacing your object instead of removing it. 
  • Enlarge your selection - if your brush stroke is too tight, you will have unexpected results.
  • Remember that removing an object means painting over it, its shadow, its reflection, and any non-contiguous pieces. If you leave behind a shadow, a reflection, or a disconnected piece (e.g., a hand on a shoulder), the AI will attempt to create something to cast the shadow, reflect, or complete the unbrushed discontinuous item. You can avoid these issue by following the guidance provided in this linked tutorial. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/generative-remove-replace
  • The recommended order for applying is: Denoise - Heal (includes Generative AI Remove) - Crop/Edit - AI Selective edits. If you deviate from that you may see the removed object remains as a ghost image. If this occurs you will have to use Update AI Settings, which can be found under the Develop module 'Settings' menu.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 1098 Replies 1098
New Here ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sergeyz35120140_0-1716504111026.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an awsome tool, a lot better than the standard.

Unfortunately, it is currently down.

Waiting patiently!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, it's a lot better than I expected.  Just need to fine tune and stablised it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm Generative AI keeps failing when I try to use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am Having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.. also, Photoshop is now failing too.

I have a lot of work I need to do today.

Fine is LR is failing as it's new... but to have Photoshop now failing too after this update is poor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.3Genernerative fill ... I get something went wrong, message when i apply. Is this a teething issue or have I missed a sted in the update? Any help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work with Sonoma in MacBook M2 Max 32gb RAM CPU12 GPU30 on DNG Sony A7RV 61MP files neither on virtual copies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a fecha de 24/5/2024 da error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT new feature, however it is already broken and it took Photoshop's generative AI down with it. Please fix ASAP Adobe !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but it kept failing with notifications that something was wrong, has anyone happen this too?

CleanShot 2024-05-24 at 06.00.45@2x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, it worked great eariler. It is down, PS generative remove is down as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error messages in LR and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nowhere as good as in Photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users accessing Firefly features in Photoshop, Lightroom and Express may experience failures when generating images. The engineering teams are aware of the issues and are working to restore service as quickly as possible.
Please check: https://status.adobe.com/ for more information.

Thank you!

Service has been restored. Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to have the AI version of dlete do any delete. always fails.  I have a 2019 Macbook Pro.  I even did the PC trick - shutdown and restarted.  Same results.  seems to work fine on my older iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryed to remove a bird from a photo and it replaced it with a smaller bird.  

_DSC1526-before.jpg

_DSC1526-after.jpg

This has happened with two different pictures... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not perfect. You also have three choices to choose from. If that
doesn't work use the retry button again. Photoshop, for now, does a much
better job and Lightroom is in trial mode. It's very easy to "edit in" to
Photoshop, and then just "save" which pops it back into the original
Lightroom. Good luck.

--
Sent from Gmail in PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm going slightly loco already. I have no idea how other people finds it, but I cannot find it anywhere on the internet, how to make the before/after toggle on macs happen. Everywhere, inlcuding adobe help, it says "backslash". How and where the f*** can I press the backslash if there isn't one??

I want to toggle between before/after edits on macos. On Windows that's the easiest thing in the world - you hit the backslash key.  However, the Apple keyboard does not contain the backslash...

Thanks in advance to the scientist that can enlighten me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, the Apple keyboard does not contain the backslash...

Google images says otherwise. https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=mac%20keyboard%20backslash&tbs=imgo:1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, just found out that this problem only appears to be on French and German keyboards. Mine is German.
"Option" + "shift" + "7" = "\"

Is there a way of changing this very intelligent and simple shortcut in the Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my MacAir-M2, the backslash key (\) is above the return key. Also on that key is the | key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it s a fantastic tool but it doesn t work anymore with AI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working in Lightroom, but even worse is it is now not working in Photoshop either!!!!!!

FIX ASAP please!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines