• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Regarding Sync Issues in 13.3 and removal of Sync Activity in Preferences

Explorer ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom Classic 13.3 early Tuesday morning. It has been running almost constantly since. I have taken it down about three times and brought it back up. For at least the last 24 hours, when I hover my cursor over the Cloud icon in the upper right, I see "Uploading 13 photos". I have synched another collection and later unsynched another. During those times the number changes for a few minutes but soon returns to 13. I have captured a Lightroom Diagnostic file but am not sure how to get it to you.

Thanks, Alan Hunt.

Here is my system info:

Lightroom Classic version: 13.3 [ 202405092057-40441e28 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 11 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 11.0.22631
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 20
Processor speed: 2.9GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
CPU Utilisation: 0.0%
Power Source: Plugged In, 100% 
Built-in memory: 65220.6 MB
Dedicated GPU memory used by Lightroom: 357.6MB / 5996.0MB (5%)
Real memory available to Lightroom: 65220.6 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 3876.9 MB (5.9%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5061.9 MB
GDI objects count: 842
USER objects count: 2222
Process handles count: 6175
Memory cache size: 2419.1MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 16.3 [ 1863 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 798MB / 32610MB (2%)
Camera Raw real memory: -1MB / 65220MB (0%)

Cache1: 
Final1- RAM:153.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, AH-240518-5932-Edit.tif
Final2- RAM:33.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, 0114 Disney_0045-Edit.jpeg
Final3- RAM:10.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, AH-131223-8862.jpg
Final4- RAM:84.0MB, VRAM:39.0MB, AH-240518-5928-Edit.tif
NT- RAM:280.0MB, VRAM:39.0MB, Combined:319.0MB

Cache2: 
m:2419.1MB, n:279.6MB

U-main: 199.0MB

System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Standard Preview Size: 2560 pixels
Displays: 1) 2560x1440, 2) 1920x1080
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU (31.0.15.5244)
Init State: GPU for Image Processing supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: C:\- Lightroom Catalogs\AH Lightroom Catalog-v13\AH Lightroom Catalog-v13-3.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\alan_\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins: 
1) AdobeStock
2) Any Filter
3) Aurora HDR
4) Export to Photomatix Pro
5) Helicon Focus Export
6) Iridient X-Transformer
7) LogiOptions
8) LOWCC Wrangling
9) LR/Mogrify 2
10) Nik 6 HDR Efex
11) Nikon Tether Plugin
12) Plugin Parameters
13) Shuffles
14) Topaz Photo AI

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

The new Sync engine is incompatible with that previous UI component. 
Please review the changes in Syncing here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html 

Also, review Victoria Bampton's article on the changes to Sync Troubleshooting in LrC 13.3 and beyond: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/troubleshoot-sync-with-classic/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That is the first thing that I did. I should have been more careful writing my initial post.

1. There is no All Sync Errors collection
  2. I went to lightroom.adobe.com, logged in, and found no Sync Issues album

I see now, the thing I missed is she said to go to chat or phone. I'll try that. Thanks, again.

Alan Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got similar symptoms to you -- please post back here with what you learn. Hopefully you'll call support so I won't have to endure that pain :-<

- LR Classic says "Syncing 1 photo" since updating to LR 13.3.  Changes get properly synced, but when those changes finish syncing, it goes back to "Syncing 1 photo"

- There is no LR Classic All Sync Errors collection.

- LR Web doesn't have a Sync Issues album.

- The generated Diagnostic Report contains a file "lrsync_.log.html" , containing these two lines:

Metadata Sync Up: isCurrentlySyncing: false

Metadata Sync Down: isCurrentlySyncing: false

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good news, or the bad news, of enduring support calls right now, is that the diagnostic logs should get directly back to the engineers to help prevent issues in future. @johnrellis let me know if you continue to see issues with that 1 photo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I have 18 images (1 uploading, 17 downloading) that seem stuck. If I make an edit on another image, it syncs across devices just fine, but those 18 still seem stuck. In the past, if there was an issue like this, I could go to the specific image by going to Preferences > Lightroom Sync, and clicking on the images listed, and unsyncing/re-syncing. But as of 13.3 they got rid of the ability to see the images currently syncing. Not sure where to go from here. Not sure why this thread is marked as answered....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Not sure why this thread is marked as answered...."

AHunt marked his own reply as the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was answered in that I had not directly contacted Lightroom Classic suport. I am working with them now and I will post what I find out. Sorry if that was a mistake to mark as answered. I will try to remove the Correct Answer flag.

I have been surprised that the support folks were not interested in the Diagnostic Data. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe support via the online chat. Here is a summary of the chat and what I have done and my current situation:

I was concerned because I have imported and done Develop module work on 50 or 60 photos since installing LrC 13.3 including use of the new Remove tool. I did not want to lose any of that work. I informed Lightroom Support that I had generated a Diagnostic Report but they were not interested in that. I have tried the solution recommended in the support chat. 

While on the Support Chat, I was instructed to do the following, so I performed these steps at their instruction:

1. We confirmed that there were 13 photos in the LrC 13.3 catalog stuck syncing (I’ll call this my “stuck catalog”).
  2. Install Lightroom Classic 13.2
  3. Open my LrC 13.2 catalog (the copy created at the original install of LrC 13.3).
  4. Let it sync for 5 hours
  5. After 5 hours it was showing as synced with no photos stuck. (I’ll call it my “not stuck 13.2 catalog”)
  6. Reinstall Lightroom Classic 13.3
  7. Open my “stuck catalog” in LrC 13.3 and export the new and changed images as a catalog (this is my “temp fix” catalog).
  8. Start Lightroom 13.3 using the LrC “not stuck 13.2 catalog” and let it convert to 13.3 (I’ll call this the “converted not stuck catalog”).
  9. Use Import from Another Catalog to import the “temp fix” catalog into the “converted not stuck catalog”.
  10. I evidently specified something wrong on Export as Catalog, so I was not satisfied with the results of all of this. My ratings and color labels were gone, Develop history was not correct, etc. Things seemed sufficiently mucked up and not acceptable.
  11. In frustration I opened a backup of my LrC 13.3 catalog that I had made immediately before contacting support.
  12. It does not have any photos stuck syncing and everything appears else appears OK.

This is not a good solution, and I may end up finding residual side effects, but the problem is no longer occurring. I still have the Diagnostic Report that I captured before contacted support (per the instructions on the Lightroom Queen’s blog https://www.lightroomqueen.com/troubleshoot-sync-with-classic/ ). Someone from Adobe – let me know if that Diagnostic Report would be helpful (I could not attach it here because the zip file is 59 MB. The max allowed here is 47 MB).

Alan Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for enduring that and posting what you learned -- it's what I was afraid of.  I think I'll just put up with "Syncing 1 photo" for now. I'll be glad to provide the diagnostic report if anyone asks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supposed sync of 2 photos doesn't complete--it's been syncing for days--and I get the "photos are still syncing" message every time I exit the program.  The Sync Preferences window does not show any photos being synced, so I can't even just delete the hung-up photos.  Nor could I check "All Sync Errors" because I've no idea where to find that, despite searching in various ways.

I'm running the latest version of LRC (but this was going on before the recent update, too), using Windows 10 on a laptop PC, 64=bit.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All sync errors should be in the Catalog panel. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several of us are reporting similar symptoms.  See here for the Lightroom Queen troubleshooting steps we've taken so far (without success):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lrc-13-3-sync-seems-stuck-13-photos-syn...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 18 files stuck and of course the web says "0 sync errors", how is the web interface supposed to know what LR Classic has trouble with anyway?

Previouls I could just view settings and check the files that had issues, now I have no idea which they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Sync engine is incompatible with that previous UI component. 
Please review the changes in Syncing here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html 

Also, review Victoria Bampton's article on the changes to Sync Troubleshooting in LrC 13.3 and beyond: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/troubleshoot-sync-with-classic/ 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link keeps getting posted but does not solve the ongoing issues for people posting about it. Frankly it feels like you all are trying to avoid providing support when you continue spreading this link around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link keeps getting posted but does not solve the ongoing issues for people posting about it. Frankly it feels like you all are trying to avoid providing support when you continue spreading this link around.

By @Jasonhavenphoto

He's telling you how to get the support you need. If you've ruled out steps 1 and 2, then you need to contact phone support and give them the diagnostic log so the engineers can figure out why some photos are still stuck. They are likely issues leftover from the old sync engine, so they need personal attention that can't be provided on the forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sort of worked for me.  Finding the "proxy" binaryUpload files with issue led me to an album that had sync issues.   Marked the photos purple label then removed the synced album (making sure to uncheck keep the photos in all synced photos) and recreaded it based off the purple labeled photos in "folders".  Lightroom said no sync errors.   FINALLY I no longer have 17 photos not syncing.

I have no idea why they would not sync.   I tried everything with metadata, duplicating files, changing file locations, making them break their folder location. Seems the issue was with the Lightroom share link created.   Glad it is working finally.  Like a 2 year problem. Finally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync issues are quite frequent in Lightroom, resulting in LrC to get stuck in the syncing process. Up till now, the images causing the problem could be found in the Sync dialog panel under preferences. It was far from ideal, but at least it gave us something to hold on to when trying to resolve the issues.

This has now been removed in version 13.3, leaving us completely in the dark, not having any clue on what causes the sync problems.

Very unfortunate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.3 has completely resolved my sync issues though. I have a few 10's of thousands of images synced from classic and it was completely unreliable. The new sync backbone has completely resolved the issues (knock on wood)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, you used to be able to see what images were causing issues. I'd click on them, unsync them, wait a bit, then resync them, and all was fine. Now we have zero idea what images are causing issues and instead Adobe just says go to this unhelpful "lightroom queen" link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link explains that if there are sync problems, classic now creates a special sync issues folder in the main side bar section that has the information that used to show up in the preferences sync panel. This is similar to the cloudy version of course. Now if only Adobe allowed us to sync full raw from classic it woukdvfinally be fully functional 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what the link says as I've read it multiple times since Adobe "experts" and employees keep posting it. The fact is, Classic does not show any "sync issues", nor does the web version, as has been stated multiple times by folks having the issue. The link is not helpful in actually resolving the endless sync/download problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yeah hadn't seen the other threads here with the issue you reference. Haven't seen this myself yet luckily. I used to have the absolute worst time with sync with constant hangs and the dialog when quitting and the Preferences->Sync window not showing anything when that was happening so this also doesn't surprise me unfortunately that that annoying issue might still be present. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines