• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Regarding Sync Issues in 13.3 and removal of Sync Activity in Preferences

Explorer ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom Classic 13.3 early Tuesday morning. It has been running almost constantly since. I have taken it down about three times and brought it back up. For at least the last 24 hours, when I hover my cursor over the Cloud icon in the upper right, I see "Uploading 13 photos". I have synched another collection and later unsynched another. During those times the number changes for a few minutes but soon returns to 13. I have captured a Lightroom Diagnostic file but am not sure how to get it to you.

Thanks, Alan Hunt.

Here is my system info:

Lightroom Classic version: 13.3 [ 202405092057-40441e28 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 11 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 11.0.22631
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 20
Processor speed: 2.9GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
CPU Utilisation: 0.0%
Power Source: Plugged In, 100% 
Built-in memory: 65220.6 MB
Dedicated GPU memory used by Lightroom: 357.6MB / 5996.0MB (5%)
Real memory available to Lightroom: 65220.6 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 3876.9 MB (5.9%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5061.9 MB
GDI objects count: 842
USER objects count: 2222
Process handles count: 6175
Memory cache size: 2419.1MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 16.3 [ 1863 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 798MB / 32610MB (2%)
Camera Raw real memory: -1MB / 65220MB (0%)

Cache1: 
Final1- RAM:153.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, AH-240518-5932-Edit.tif
Final2- RAM:33.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, 0114 Disney_0045-Edit.jpeg
Final3- RAM:10.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, AH-131223-8862.jpg
Final4- RAM:84.0MB, VRAM:39.0MB, AH-240518-5928-Edit.tif
NT- RAM:280.0MB, VRAM:39.0MB, Combined:319.0MB

Cache2: 
m:2419.1MB, n:279.6MB

U-main: 199.0MB

System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Standard Preview Size: 2560 pixels
Displays: 1) 2560x1440, 2) 1920x1080
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU (31.0.15.5244)
Init State: GPU for Image Processing supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: C:\- Lightroom Catalogs\AH Lightroom Catalog-v13\AH Lightroom Catalog-v13-3.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\alan_\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins: 
1) AdobeStock
2) Any Filter
3) Aurora HDR
4) Export to Photomatix Pro
5) Helicon Focus Export
6) Iridient X-Transformer
7) LogiOptions
8) LOWCC Wrangling
9) LR/Mogrify 2
10) Nik 6 HDR Efex
11) Nikon Tether Plugin
12) Plugin Parameters
13) Shuffles
14) Topaz Photo AI

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

The new Sync engine is incompatible with that previous UI component. 
Please review the changes in Syncing here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html 

Also, review Victoria Bampton's article on the changes to Sync Troubleshooting in LrC 13.3 and beyond: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/troubleshoot-sync-with-classic/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
Explorer ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that too, that my photos synced completely, but the collection names were swapped randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only do 1 Collection set at a time... it doesn't need to completely sync, but you do need to see the double headed arrow in LrC before you start a new set. It will work that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, names are mixed. I have the impression this happens when subfolders in a "Collection Set" have the same names as in other "Collection sets". I deleted all synced photo's, renamed all my collections and synced again. I still get a sync error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 26 photos which are trying to sync since I installed the Lightroom Classic update 13.3. I have followed all the instructions for syncing problems including logging into adobe.com and found no sync issues.

Any help or guidance would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a problem affecting many people, and so far, the only successful workaround reported was deleting the entire online cloud library and then resyncing from LR Classic:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-regarding-sync-issues-in-13-3-and-rem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Do you mean to delete the Sync.lrdata file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Do you mean to delete the Sync.lrdata file?"

No, see the steps posted here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-regarding-sync-issues-in-13-3-and-rem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are referring to the post from SHP Photography? Please explain how I delete my Lightroom library from my profile account info on lightroom.adobe.com. Do you mean delete all my collections?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this better?  Why are they breaking things.   It's like to fix sync issues they just marked it all good and don't let us even see what has syn issues now.   My sync says all green checkmark yet the photos online and in my LRC are totally different cropand everything.    This is beyond frustrating.  How am I suppose to do my job?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last of the steps to fix sync problems right now is to run a diagnostic log and contact customer services. I know that's not a popular option for many customers right now, and I do understand why. I've generally found @AdobeCare on Twitter the least painful of the support options, once you get past the initial bot, so that might be a compromise worth considering. 

Wiping the entire cloud and starting over, as John suggested, is an option some people are taking. It's probably the quickest fix if you only have a few thousand photos in the cloud, and you're confident that your Lightroom Classic catalog contains all of your edits, you have a local copy of your photos, and you don't need to retain likes or comments from any shared galleries. If you have lots of photos in the cloud, it would take a long time to upload them again, so customer support is probably still the best bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution was only suitable because of my setup. However, it still did not fix everything. So if you don't want to contact customer support I would try the solution that Adobe Customer Support and I came up with, which is creating a temp category and moving sync to that and then back to the original catalogue and return sync to that. However, that could still be a slow process if you have lots of images. I only have 2000 images that I sync, mainly for my portfolio and to share and I don't worry about comments etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think most everyone has concluded, unfortunately, that your site is a far better source of support than anything Adobe has. šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unfortunate that the Adobe engineers don't keep their support people up to date on what is happening. The poor support people are just left floudering and waiting for the users to provide diagnostic reports for the engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mark, we do our best, but we're small and able to turn on a dime. I can't imagine how hard to it is to get updated information out to all of the support staff all around the world, especially when they're dealing with so many different programs. I have been tracking progress with support cases and while it was quite wobbly for the first few days after release, the reports are improving. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue with this update is 2-fold. 1. Gen-Erase is weak at best compared to the one in Ps and that's been there for quite a while. 2. The new Sync truly sucks. It's tempermental and slow. I used to be able to sync a collection of 100,000 photos in 4 1/2 days using the same hardware and internet that I have now. With the "improvements" it will take 50 days at roughy 2000 per day. This is not any kind of improvement, and why we all rely on you and your more experienced people to advise us when Adobe does things like this. I won't wait the 50 days. If they release an update that fixes the performance, I'll try again. If not, I'm afraid I'm going to be forced to leave Adobe completely after a long, LONG, time. Syncing of Collections is a mandatory part of my workflow, for both me and my clients and many of my shoots involve more than 500 photos and I now shoot a 60 megapixel camera compounding the problem. I don't know what was wrong with the previous sync, because I had no issues with it, but the new one is not a usable tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we did say in our release blog post and newsletter, "As there are so many changes in this release, there is a higher chance of new bugs appearing, so you may prefer to hold off updating to 13.3 until more general feedback is received." but I'm sure many people auto-upgrade.

That said, there aren't anywhere near as many people reporting sync issues as I was expecting. I can't help but wonder if some of the sync performance issues you're seeing aren't 13.3 itself, but the number of people trying to resync in one go. Just a theory. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you completely. I discovered early on with this release, that you can sync as many Collections as you want at one time, but only one Collection Set at a time. Most importantly... In the old sync, the second you did your selection you would get the doubled headed arrow, now you don't for a while. If you start a new sync before the previous sync has the double headed arrows, that's when you see jumbled up Collections and/or Collection Sets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that many people are not bothering to contact Adobe to report sync issues, since based ont the commnets here it would not be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rays489032 Yes, I think you're right about many not contacting support. I am hearing back from people who sent their logs in and have since heard back regarding which photos were stuck and have got it sorted out now. I understand that the engineers looking at the logs has also identified some bugs that are being fixed too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your response sounded promising, so I reached out to Adobe Support. I immediatelay gave them aon overview and noted that I had the diagnostic report ready. They did not want the diagnostic report. That's unfortunate., as we spent nearly 30 minutes and had made no further progress than what version of Lightroom and what OS I was using.  Another 30 minutes with the agent attempting to remote connect to the desktop. That eventually failed and I no longer have access to the agent.  Hopefully other may have a better experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up .. again reached out to Adobe Support. The agent was quick to establish a remote session. They reverted back to the LrC 13.2 and I could tell they were looking for the older catalog. It would have been no use, and so much has changed in the past 10 days. The solution offered was to wait for the 13.4 update which should be released in a few weeks. This agent was also not interested in the diagnostic report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rays489032 Feels like you're bashing your head against a brick wall doesn't it. One of the troubleshooting steps they seem to be trying is opening the 13.2 catalog, letting it complete sync, then opening the 13.3 catalog again (so you don't lose work done in 13.3). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally amn't contacting support because every previous time I've gone to support it's taken several hours with a remote session that doesn't go anywhere so I personally don't have the spare time at the moment aha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying incremental sync's. I described my problem in a separate thread (Sorry, I didn't see this one before posting). My problem is that I use both Lightroom and Classic and when I delete from the cloud and recreate a collection, the collection will not sync with the cloud any more. I can delete all the photos and reimport, but then I lose all my edits. The first time I deleted photos from Lightroom, I used the "archive manually" function in Lightroom which stored my photos and an XMP, but not the masking, etc.) the next time, no XMP files were generated. Strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines