• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Regarding Sync Issues in 13.3 and removal of Sync Activity in Preferences

Explorer ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom Classic 13.3 early Tuesday morning. It has been running almost constantly since. I have taken it down about three times and brought it back up. For at least the last 24 hours, when I hover my cursor over the Cloud icon in the upper right, I see "Uploading 13 photos". I have synched another collection and later unsynched another. During those times the number changes for a few minutes but soon returns to 13. I have captured a Lightroom Diagnostic file but am not sure how to get it to you.

Thanks, Alan Hunt.

Here is my system info:

Lightroom Classic version: 13.3 [ 202405092057-40441e28 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 11 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 11.0.22631
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 20
Processor speed: 2.9GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
CPU Utilisation: 0.0%
Power Source: Plugged In, 100% 
Built-in memory: 65220.6 MB
Dedicated GPU memory used by Lightroom: 357.6MB / 5996.0MB (5%)
Real memory available to Lightroom: 65220.6 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 3876.9 MB (5.9%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5061.9 MB
GDI objects count: 842
USER objects count: 2222
Process handles count: 6175
Memory cache size: 2419.1MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 16.3 [ 1863 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 798MB / 32610MB (2%)
Camera Raw real memory: -1MB / 65220MB (0%)

Cache1: 
Final1- RAM:153.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, AH-240518-5932-Edit.tif
Final2- RAM:33.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, 0114 Disney_0045-Edit.jpeg
Final3- RAM:10.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, AH-131223-8862.jpg
Final4- RAM:84.0MB, VRAM:39.0MB, AH-240518-5928-Edit.tif
NT- RAM:280.0MB, VRAM:39.0MB, Combined:319.0MB

Cache2: 
m:2419.1MB, n:279.6MB

U-main: 199.0MB

System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Standard Preview Size: 2560 pixels
Displays: 1) 2560x1440, 2) 1920x1080
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU (31.0.15.5244)
Init State: GPU for Image Processing supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: C:\- Lightroom Catalogs\AH Lightroom Catalog-v13\AH Lightroom Catalog-v13-3.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\alan_\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins: 
1) AdobeStock
2) Any Filter
3) Aurora HDR
4) Export to Photomatix Pro
5) Helicon Focus Export
6) Iridient X-Transformer
7) LogiOptions
8) LOWCC Wrangling
9) LR/Mogrify 2
10) Nik 6 HDR Efex
11) Nikon Tether Plugin
12) Plugin Parameters
13) Shuffles
14) Topaz Photo AI

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

The new Sync engine is incompatible with that previous UI component. 
Please review the changes in Syncing here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html 

Also, review Victoria Bampton's article on the changes to Sync Troubleshooting in LrC 13.3 and beyond: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/troubleshoot-sync-with-classic/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No arguments there, Ray. They have instructed support to collect logs, but support is spread all over the world, and it takes time for the information to filter down to all the different people, if it gets there at all. Because it's just Paul and I running Lightroom Queen, we're able to be much more nimble, and I've worked with Adobe since version 1, so they know me well. If you want to check out that I'm legit, feel free to google me. My website address is in my profile, and you can see I have Community Expert under my name, which is an Adobe-run program for verified third-party experts. So it's up to you, but I'm trying to save you the frustration of dealing with support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, Victoria and her crew are very experienced at this and have done more by themselves to help people with this lousy, useless, release than ALL of Adobe has. Adobe support is obviously totally useless in this matter, as I have not seen a reply from anyone that wasting hours with support has solved their problem, but I may be wrong here. For me, I've just shut off Adobe until a new release comes out to reduce my frustration. But, if the engineers have the data, they should be able to fix this, since they themselves created the mess. Victoria's crew should be commended for their efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely respect your knowledge, sincerity and efforts. You have been of more help to the community than anyone I have encountered at Adobe.  The issue is with how Adobe is handling this. I spent my entire carer in software support, working with global teams. Customers want upfront acknowledgment of the problem, clear updates and best practice instructions while the problem is being resolved. For most of us, this problem is not a "show stopper". The bigger issue has been the wasted effort first trying to solve the problem ourselves and then further contacting Support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on how many files are stuck, you maybe don't need to be sending logs to Adobe.  Follow the instructions to create the log; you will then have a link to go to the file's location in Explorer; open the file right there on your machine.

Gp to the Binary Uploads section, and you will see a list of the problem files.  Then, for example, take one filename, locate it in LrC, edit it by changing a single slider somewhere ( I used "tint"), and wait.  In my case, the file soon synced/uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so very much Kent! It's working! The stuck files  are cleary spelled out, paste the file name into LrC search, touch a develop slider, and the stuck fille count is decreasing. Now I just have 100 more to tickle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you change a slider that you never use anywhere else and nudge it, copy that one slider and then paste across all the other photos you need to "tickle" and then reset them in batch after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know - possibly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 thoughts:

First: Not a fan of giving some random support guy full remote access to my PC, never was, additionally not a fan of violating privacy laws by letting a random support guy view photos of clients.

Second: Yes there are those 18 files in the log "Binary Uploader" section, good to know what once was shown in the software can now be kind of accessed in a more complicated and more time intensive way (creating 5GB of log data, finde the log, opening it, finding the files). Kind of because, you only get the file name, same file names can exist multiple times (if you use a basic numbering scheme 1-9999 a lot of cameras use), in the past it was possible to just click the file that was stuck and adjust settings to make it unstuck, in the log you don't even get the folder structure, just a filename. It's unnecessary complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like it would be pretty easy for Adobe to profide a "quick_fix" utility that "tickles" the effected files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is not a long term solution. But there's lots of causes of stuck syncs and not all of them show even in the html logs at this point, so tickling photos only works for some cases. None of this is ideal right now, but we're making the best of the situation while longer term solutions are figured out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also this method seems to have a lag. LrC says two files pending, log still shows 6.

Edit: it's just listing the 2 files multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as many on here. In my case there are 10 photos supposedly uploading. According to the disgnostic log these are stuck with the following status

document id sync status subtype filename deleted

4208a110e511f4fd2cddaf5f3fb98bd5NeedsMetadataUploadedimagePXL_20240323_140424793.RAW-02.ORIGINAL.dngfalse

I believe these 10 files were all moved by me to a different folder (I move photos taken on my phone out of the lightroom mobile sync folder into other local folders and then delete them from all synced photos to keep my Adobe cloud space usage down - previews can be uploaded later if desired). I have tried the slider adjustment in the develop module but it doesn't help. My suspicion is that the sync is still looking for the files in their original location but I can't prove that because the log doesn't show the folder locations, just the file names. I tried deleting all the cloud data and resyncing (I have about 3500 photos synced) but I just got back to where I started with the same 10 photos trying to upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be time time to chat with Adobe support. I have always found them
to be very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It worked for me too. In my situation there were 67 stucked photos. In most cases I made minor changes in development module, but for a few photos I had to restore it to the original. Only then the synchronization started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Na de update 13.3 blijft Classic synchroniseren bij 1 foto. Het opnieuw aanmaken van de sync database verhelpt het probleem niet. In de webversie lightroom staat geen fout in een verzameling. Getracht de synchrisatie opnieuw te maken in de nieuwe procedure, geen resultaat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tonstu 

I'm merging your post into a thread specific to sync issues in LrC 13.3.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Victoria's process and the subsequent threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello 

I have a very stange LR classic sync problem with the Adobe cloud. Sync worked perfect since years but since last week I have my last 2 photo sessions which do not sync into the cloud even if they are shown in the view of “all synced photographs’”. LR mobile still syncs into LR classic with no problems …

I tried all:

• shutdown with backup to re-structure library
  • deleting all photos in view “all synced photographs” so remove from the cloud and added back after
  • deleting only not synched photos in view “all synced photographs” so remove from the cloud and added back after
  • deleting cloud library on the web and re-sync all 34561 photos after again (worked for all photos except the ones not syncing ) 
  • un-sync and re-sync LR collection
  • deleting photos not syncing and re-importing with a different name 

nothing works … photos are shown in “all synced photographs” , the  Synced in local activity is shows green flag & no sync errors in sync consoled 

BUT the last two photo shot photos are not showing at all  in LR mobile or LR web !!!!

Any idea or tip on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated as I am out of ideas …

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography@Rick Spaulding -, please merge with this thread, where there are many reports of "Syncing n photos" never going away:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-regarding-sync-issues-in-13-3-and-rem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LrC has got stuck while syncing images. It started two weeks ago with LrC thinking, out of the blue, that there were thousands of images that needed syncing. It got down to 1714 images and now it's stuck there. I can se newly created albums showing up online but with no images gets synced. I re-installed LrC and removed plugins etc. Nothing changed. In the sync tab in the settings dialog, no errors show up.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, dans LrC vous nous dites de vous transmettre le log des erreur de snchro que nous n'arrivons pas à résoudre par nous-même, alors merci de résoudre celui-ci.

LrC de ficheir en erreur de synchro, voir fichier joint, je ne peux pas attacher le logfile.zip ici

copie ecran  2024-06-12 à 19.41.50.png

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography@Rick Spaulding -, please merge with this thread, where many people report "Syncing n photos" never goes away:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-regarding-sync-issues-in-13-3-and-rem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running LRC 13.3.1 on MAC OS 14.5.   Sync is stuck on syncing 2 photos. There are zero issues when I check Sync Issues on Web.   If I try and sync images from a collection in LRC  or sync a image  from my iphone they sync just fine with no issues but I still end up with LRC saying there are 2 images syncing.   Tried to Chat with Adobe Support , after I told them that there were no images in Sync issues on Web they ended the chat.   

I was going to try to Rebuild Sync Data but I've seen multiple posts stating that that is no longer recommended.   I current have 1200+ images that synced

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other posts about this issue. Please do forum search to find the existing threads on stuck sync in V 13.3.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you know, I did that before posting. Read every thread I could find. Nothing helpful.   If anyone wants to send me helpful suggestions I'd appreciate it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines