People Masks fail if the person is rotated too far from up/down

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Platform:

*LRC 12.0, up to date.

*PC with Windows 11, also up to date

I was interested in trying our the new portrait editing feature, esp. the ability to create people masks automatically. However, in my case, it fails almost 100% at finding people. The "problem" in my case is that my images are scans of photo albums with one or more photos per page. I tried it on a page that just had a single photo (plus a bunch of blank page around it), and it also failed. I tried cropping the photo to remove the distracting surroundings, LRC still failed. Then I took the same image into PS and cropped it (deleting the unused pixels), brought it back to LRC: now it was able to identify the person.

I am not totally surprised that LRC has dificulty recognizing people in this case, but what I consider to be the bug here is that when I "focus" LRC on the image of the person by temporarily cropping away the information outside the photo of the person, it still cannot find the people in it.

Hopefully this ability will be added.

Thanks, Adriaan

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experimented on several scanned photo album sheets, and it worked fine IF all images were scanned in the same orientation. There was one sheet where 2 images were horizontal and one was vertical and masking worked only on the 2 horizontal images. I usually cram as many images as will fit onto the scanner glass to make the digitizing go faster, so I'll have to remember to keep them all in the same orientation.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The automated system sent me this message: "Did it solve your problem? Click here to view the reply and mark one correct.". The answer below is not "correct", they just got a different result. Another issue is that someone changed the title of my post, the original title was "LRC Portrait Editing Fails to recognize people". The problem has NOTHING to do with the people being rotated too much, the people masking failed with people being right side up very nicely. I don't like that my title was modified 😞 !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines