• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

post processing changes revert to 'as shot' when switching back to library mode

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

processing changes made in develop mode do not maintain when switching back to library mode but revert to 'as shot'. restart and preferences reset do not help. running LRC 13.2 OS 12.7.4

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Phew - I only asked about restarting - factory reset is not easy to do nor should you do that. Please clarify what it is that you are experiencing. It sounds like some images (iPhone) images are behaving differently than sony images. Can you test one HEIC file by converting it to a jpg to see if the problem goes away... that may help to rule out file type and also allow others to test to see if HEICs not showing develop changes in the Library module can be reproduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a complete restart of your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correction i have not done erase and factory reset. reluctant unless there is some evidence of success. further evaluation shows this issue is not present on images from dslr (sony mirrorless), which yeilds jpeg, but on SOME, not all, of photos from iphone, yeilding HEIC images. i dont know the significance of this finding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

further: since photos in question are on iphone, i deleted the images from disc on desktop, edited images on iphone, and then reimported to desktop and lrc. when viewed in library mode they appear as unadjusted images (washed out ) but if i switch to develop mode they appear as corrected images (as adjusted on iphone) moreover the adjustment sliders on lr when viewed here are all at zero. this is strange i am at a loss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phew - I only asked about restarting - factory reset is not easy to do nor should you do that. Please clarify what it is that you are experiencing. It sounds like some images (iPhone) images are behaving differently than sony images. Can you test one HEIC file by converting it to a jpg to see if the problem goes away... that may help to rule out file type and also allow others to test to see if HEICs not showing develop changes in the Library module can be reproduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another test would be to delete the thumbnail preview and recreate it... this seems to have come up a few months ago: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/library-standard-preview-not-updating-f...

Please take a look at the recommendatin from @Jao vdL

"Make sure you set the default for development of images to not do HDR. In Classic, this preference is in Preferences->Presets. On the phone version of Lightroom that is in App Settings->Import. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

converting to jpeg and re import has fixed the issue. thank you very much. i may have to do this for all HEIC images? prior to import. i will also look at your refererence to the separate post. thanks again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update and hopefully you won't have to always do this in the future. When there is an update for example do a quick test to see if the issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HDR editing was not enabled 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines