• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing photos with Lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really interested in using Web Collections, but I would like to allow my friends/family to download and save photos. Is there a way to enable this?

If not, would love to hear how others share photo albums.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Hi Olivier,

I'm traveling, so don't have access to my Lightroom catalog right now, but I'll show how to do it from the mobile website.

First, go to your Lightroom catalog on the web at lightroom.adobe.com, and select the collection you want to share: Click on "Share" at the top of the grid:

2016-09-30_9-04-57.jpg

Now, the sharing options appear.

1. Choose "Shared"

2. Open the "Options"

3. Choose "Allow downloads"

2016-09-30_9-05-48.jpg

Now anyone who visits your link above (anyone who has the link has this capability) will see the "Download" optio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're a subscriber to Creative Cloud for Photographers or the full CC suite, you have access to LR mobile. With LR Mobile, you can sync collections to the cloud. These collections can be viewed and edited on your mobile device, but more to the point of your question, you can make the collections available to anyone with a web browser, to view and download the photos.

Look specifically through these steps, Ste 7 covers your question: Get started with Lightroom mobile | Adobe Photoshop Lightroom tutorials

If you're not a CC subscriber, there are other solutions - just shout if you need further help.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I am a creative cloud subscriber and have several web collections already setup. Unfortunately I tried everything in that tutorial, but my photos cannot be saved or downloaded from web collections. I think this is by design, but just want to make sure before I abandon the workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott

If you log-in to Lightroom for Web any public collection will show the share button highlighted in blue. If you click the blue icon and go to options there is a checkbox to allow viewers to download jpegs.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not correct Mike. I haven't found either a way for a collection made public to be downloaded. Unless you sign in as the owner of the collection. Correct me if I am wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olivier,

Yes, you must be the owner of the collection to make it public. Once made public, anyone who has the link can view and download the photos.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, view yes, download no. that's what we are discussing here. unless you tell us how.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olivier,

I'm traveling, so don't have access to my Lightroom catalog right now, but I'll show how to do it from the mobile website.

First, go to your Lightroom catalog on the web at lightroom.adobe.com, and select the collection you want to share: Click on "Share" at the top of the grid:

2016-09-30_9-04-57.jpg

Now, the sharing options appear.

1. Choose "Shared"

2. Open the "Options"

3. Choose "Allow downloads"

2016-09-30_9-05-48.jpg

Now anyone who visits your link above (anyone who has the link has this capability) will see the "Download" option at the bottom when viewing images in full screen:

2016-09-30_9-09-10.jpg

Hope this helps,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's exactly the same at Lightroom.adobe.com. You cannot enable sharing from the desktop Lightroom. You have to be either in Lightroom Mobile on your iOS or android device, or go to Lightroom.adobe.com  on your desktop or  laptop computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

Thank you for your thorough reply. Enabling downloads is apparently only available from the Lightroom website as you detail. you can only enable sharing from LR mobile. I can understand that option, but find it odd that you can't enable these options directly from Lightroom on the desktop.  I appreciate your helpful reply!

Jimmy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know why it isn't allowing me to download a few pictures. When I download it just keeps saying 'downloading' then it says 'Failed- Network error' but for some pictures it downloads immediately. Also the same for when I want to download the whole collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, this kind of relates, and this post is already extremely helpful, but if I edit any of the shared photos in the catalog after the fact, will the shared images reflect those new changes?

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dullrelief  wrote

Hey, this kind of relates, and this post is already extremely helpful, but if I edit any of the shared photos in the catalog after the fact, will the shared images reflect those new changes?

thanks!

Yes, always. Assuming that you are connected and your library is able to sync, the shared photos are always the latest.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet. It makes so much sense, but I was struggling to resolve this earlier when I’d shared collections of rough edits, only to find myself tinkering with them after I’d shared it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2022, and I think the software has changed, there are no longer any "Options", or "allow downloads" buttons or menu, either on laptop or mobile.  Very frustrating.  Do I have to specifically upload full files by exporting to people who need to download?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines