Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Sigma 24-70 E mount lens profile problem

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update a few weeks ago, the profile adapted to the 24-70 Art lens has a problem correcting dark corners, overcorrecting for bright corners, and I would like to know what is causing this problem.

TOPICS
SDK, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload the file to Dropbox or other file sharing site and I'll take a look.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkb69ld0eklw4jw/IMG_7874.dng?dl=0

Here is one of the photos that had the problem, I transcoded it to DNG format so you can view the lens correction changes in the software. This problem mainly occurs with Lr on iOS, which can't manually select a profile, so I'm guessing it may have applied the L-mount file incorrectly.

I hope you can find the problem as soon as possible, this problem is too serious for users who often use mobile outdoors, thanks a lot!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the below post with the same issue the user found that turning off in-camera shading compensation reduces the excessive vignetting correction.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/sony-a7iii-sigma-24-70-2-8-dg-dn-lens-c...

Looking at your DNG file in LrC it's showing 'Built-in Lens Profile' applied. That profile includes distortion, chromatic aberration, and vignetting corrction. If I uncheck 'Enable Profile Corrections' the vignetting correction is insufficient with darkened corners. A v2 lens profile is being applied in LrC. If I change it to the v1 profile (i.e. no version number) the vignetting correction appears correct. Unfortunately, LR Mobile on iOS does not allow manually selecting a different lens profile. For the pictures already in LR Mobile you can use LR Desktop or LR Classic to process them using the v1 lens profile. Going forward try turning off the in-camera shading compensation setting and see if that fixes the issue.

ToddShaner_0-1637677065073.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, after the update a few weeks ago, my lenses appear overcorrected after performing profile correction, and the dark corners that should have been fixed become bright corners. This occurs on both the desktop and iOS side. My lens is a Sigma 24-70 ART E-mount.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post merged.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines