Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to activate my Lightroom 6 license during reinstall

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I bought my lightroon 6 fully licensed version in 2018 and used with my macbook pro. Recently I had to reinstall my OS and hence had to reinstall LR 6. I could install the software and when I try to sign in Serial Number Activation stage is unable to connect to license validation server stating "Please connect to internet..." when I am connected to internet. For some reason activation step is unable to connect to server seems.

I reached out to Adobe support and tried the following as suggested including checking the install through root user. but still face the same issue. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012

Now Adobe support is telling me that they don't support LR 6.0 version. This is quite unprofessional from the part of Adobe as I am asking for help to validate my license so that I can complete my installation.  I am using Mac OSX High Sierra, which is a supported OS for LR 6.0. Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Venkitesh

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send a private message from this forum to @CMass who is an Adobe Staff who will assist in the process.

Click on the small envelope icon to the right of your user Avatar in the top right of the forum to access the messaging feature.

32B68DCE-C477-4D2A-8F75-63F887976B97.jpeg

You should be able to get the latest installer for Lightroom 6, which is 6.14 at the link below. Scroll to the 5 th or 6th page.

https://prodesigntools.com

You will need to provide details of you Adobe ID and the serial number.

Try this link.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @DdeGannes I downloaded the install you suggested and tried installing, but stuck at the same point where the installaer tries to validate the license. It asks me to connect to internet and retry when I am already connected and there is no speed issue. I sent a PM to @CMass , hope to get some response. Weired thing is Adobe custome support washing off their hands stating unsupported version when all help I need to is get the installer talk to their license server for validation !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the install you suggested and tried installing, but stuck at the same point where the installaer tries to validate the license. It asks me to connect to internet and retry when I am already connected and there is no speed issue.

Make sure your firewall is not blocking this installer. Also, search this forum for "not connected to the internet".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the wxact problem woth thr same OS ans Adobe product. Did tou find a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im having the wxact problem woth thr same OS ans Adobe product. Did tou find a solution? 

By @Bahvee2397490526m8

Try the steps already mentioned — all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines