• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to delete Folder (LrC)

Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This folder below has been hanging in my list for a while and LrC will just not let me delete it. 😞

That's the one with the red marker. It does not exist on my hard drive (SSD actually).

Maybe it's a folder that got renamed but I don't remember.

How can I get rid of it? 

folder.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

@SdeGat 

I could fix your catalog and send it back to you, but the easiest solution for you is to do the following:

In LrC, choose File > New Catalog and create a new catalog "Lightroom Catalog-v13-fixed"

Choose File > Import From Another Catalog... and choose your current catalog file "Lightroom Catalog-v13.lrcat"

When it has processed the catalog, in the Catalog Contents (left panel) deselect the folder "2023\2023-10-29" that has 1 photo, then click Import and wait.

LrC_Fix_folder.jpg

Once finish, check you new ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that it looks like LrC thinks their is one photo in that folder that got imported into the catalog. In Library Module, when you click on that folder, does that one image appear in the center grid or loupe panel?

What error message are you getting? Perhaps a warning about the folder containing images/files?

Do you have any other folders/subfolders with the same name? Possibly an accidental duplicate? (and the two folders could easily show different totals)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No image appear @GoldingD and I'm not getting any error message when I click on remove.

Nothing happens and that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select the parent folder right above it, and perhaps right click and select to show in Explorer, are their any other subfolders? You already stated the one you are showing is not, but others? And what if you create one named as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should also ask, what does optimizing the catalog accomplish? Does it clear out that apparent database field error?

And an integrety check?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-corrupt-catalog.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both tests are always checked and done every time I exit @GoldingD. 💁‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a call to adobe on Monday.

All the discussions in this community page and at other support blogs appears to indicate a catalog corruption.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/can-t-remove-a-folder/m-p/14077623/high...

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/remove-folders-doesnt-remove-folders.41474/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following.
1: In Windows Explorer, not in Lightroom, create a temporary folder somewhere in your Home folder and call it Temp.

2: Right-click on the 2023-10-29 folder in Lightroom and choose 'Find Missing Folder'.

3: In the dialog that follows, navigate to the Temp folder and select it.

4: The missing 2023-10-29 should be gone, and the Temp folder should show in Lightroom in its place.

5: Try if you can remove the Temp folder from Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion @JohanElzenga.  It did not work though, LrC did not reassign the missing folder to the newly created TEMP folder. Nor the reassignment work after renaming the TEMP folder to 2023-10-29 (just in case). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this may help or not but it seems that the 2023 folder is actually a duplication of the one below (with the same number of pictures).

Or is it just that the 2023 folder is replicated at the top of the list because of the "phantom folder"?

folder.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~there was an Caps related bug that could happen.. here's that fix:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/capitalization-catalog-error/#:~:text=Lightroom's%20catalog%20is%20ca....

There may be another issue, but that may help? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @SeanMcCormack but given that the folder only had numbers, I guess that trick would not come into play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still worth a try if you think the folders are the same parent folder..and as they have the same total images it's likely. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for following up @SeanMcCormack but the "phantom folder" does not exist on the hard drive so I can't see how I could apply the fix at the link referred to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for following up @SeanMcCormack but the "phantom folder" does not exist on the hard drive so I can't see how I could apply the fix at the link referred to. 

By @SdeGat

This all goes back to an inquiry in my earlier reply,  and the question about a capitalization issue as brought up by SeanMcCormack.

4.png

Alternatively, if the above method fails to bring up explorer, mouse hover over the folder(s) in question, and note any info displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that already @GoldingD and it brings me to the same 2023 folder in my Pictures parent folder.  That makes sense as the total picture count is the same, so it is the same folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hence the inquiry about the possible capitilization issue. I will include the link that SeanMcCormack provided again:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-fix-most-issues.html

note that  JohanElzenga brought up similar, But when you read the above document, the link, pay attention to the directions in it, Their is a specific point made about where to create a dummy folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I read all that. They say to create a file on a different drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is in the right place in your folders list, can you remove it now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@SdeGat 

Glad to help and get it resolved.

Import From Another Catalog is very handy for rebuilding a catalog since it does a lot of cleaning up. I often do it to my own catalog when a new LrC version comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top folder named 2023 has 8241 images, but the only folder under it is the problem folder 2023-10-29 with what appears to be 1 image.

Under Pictures, 2023 is also listed with 8241 images.

Right-click on the top folder named 2023 and select Show Parent Folder. What happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @drtonyb; I see this:

folder.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using Show Parent Folder on the first Pictures folder. 

If you get two Users Folders, then try doing Show Parent Folder on both. 

Essentially you're trying to force Lightroom to realize they're the same folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

Are you able to zip your catalog file, the .lrcat file only, no images or previews, and share it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thing?

LRcat file.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines