Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when i transfer to photoshop the edges get round again

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

When i work in lightroom and make my pictures straight in the side its fine, but when i transfer to photoshop the edges get round again.

I have talked to adobe many times and they have taken over my computer to fix it.

But the cant fix it.

pls. help

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

That dialog should not show up as the OP is using compatible versions of LrC and Photoshop.  Maybe their ACR is out of date.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

The choice I posted as a screenshot should open after you choose your screenshot. Try opening as Smart Object in Photoshop... I agree with Bob - maybe your Adobe Camera Raw - which your image needs to pass through as a RAW file is older and doesn't have the camera Profile to keep the settings. You are using PS 2022 - can you update? You should be able to update ACR as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community forums to LR.]

Which version of Lightroom?

Which verion of Photoshop?

Which operating system?

What type of image file are you editing?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

I use windows 10 

Its raw pictures

Lightroom is 12.2.1

Photoshop 24.3

I know that there is a new version of lightroom, but i dont like to use it.

And normaly i dont have this problim with not straight edges when i transfer from lightroom. so what can the problem be ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont get it, why 2 adobe programs dont work together. that is strange ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save as RAW, JPG or PSD file from Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i am in lightroom i press right buttom and edit in photoshop. when it then oppens in photoshop the picture is round in the edge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'm not understanding the roundtrip workflow well enough. 

1) You're in Lightroom or Lightroon Classic (two different apps)?

2) You edit image in Photoshop first & then Lightroom or the other way around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in lightroom classic. and in the order i wrote

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot? I'm not understanding how the edges can possibly be round.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skærmbillede (249).pngSkærmbillede (250).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you are referring to the white stair railing(?)On the right side of the image. How are you correcting it in Lightroom? And then, more importantly, how are you opening your image in Photoshop? If you are opening in PS with a right click in LR choosing to open the original unedited version, it will revert. You want to edit with LR adjustments.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

As you can see in the lightroom picture i press enable profile correction, wich make my camera lense straight in the sides of the pictures, like you write ex the stair railing. then i right clik on the right mouse "edit in photo shop"

Then it opens up in phothoshop like allways. But now the picture is not straight anymore.

And i have been using the method for a long time, but now photoshop wont let me transfer the lense correction from lightroom ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now that we know what you are talking about... make sure you are making the right choice for editing in Photohsop. You must choose the top choice to keep the adjustments. Is that the one you are choosing?

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 9.50.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skærmbillede (252).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dosent show me that page you attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unless the is a setting somewhere the tells ps to remain the changes from lightroom.

But again i have had allmost every indian  adobe support team taking over my computer, and they dont know what to do ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kim28649024vtu1 

What is the version of your Adobe Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i see that ?? sorry i am not that good at computer 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The choice I posted as a screenshot should open after you choose your screenshot. Try opening as Smart Object in Photoshop... I agree with Bob - maybe your Adobe Camera Raw - which your image needs to pass through as a RAW file is older and doesn't have the camera Profile to keep the settings. You are using PS 2022 - can you update? You should be able to update ACR as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That dialog should not show up as the OP is using compatible versions of LrC and Photoshop.  Maybe their ACR is out of date.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so f... great. I updated the ACR and now it works 🙂 🙂  Is there something i can grade you guys.

I am so happy now.

The funny part is that , as i wrote is i have had all india adobe in my computer, and nobody nobody could fix it.

And we are talking 10 hour support on the internet.

But then you came around, and wupti it works ......You are the king 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry your experience with support was so bad - not the first time I've heard this. We actually use the software I don't think they do. Just Mark the answers that helped you the most correct - you can mark as many as you like. Glad to help and that you fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking your time to help me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This looks like a BUG to me.  If the ACR and LrC versions are not compatible the dialog allowing you to pick "Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments" as @melissapiccone posted should have shown up or at least an warning.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines