• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Adding luma Curves in LR and ACR, adding curves and HSL to brush and gradient

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

01.jpgHi people,
01. I have a suggestion for Adobe team to insert luma curves in the LR and ACR.

02. For camera profiles to give us the option to choose Base Tone Curves contrast option. (A curve that is integrated into the camera profile).
For example:
When I choose a standard camera profil  (my camera profile not adobe, canon standar, or portrait etc.) I gets too much contrast, the shadows are too dark and saturated (I tested other cameras as well).
So in the beginning, we lose the ability to make the most of the dynamic range of our cameras.
So make it an option to choose between: Strong contrast, contrast, slight contrast and linear.
By adding this option  sliders that already exist the contrast, highlight, shadows, whites, blacks will have a greater/better effect and maximize the dynamic range of our cameras.

So, no confusion, I'm talking about the contrast already integrated into the camera profile by adobe engineer.  For now, I fix this deficiency by creating 4 camera profiles with the aforementioned contrasts in the DNG editor and importing those profiles into LR and ACR.

3. Give us the option that we can use curves and HSL in brush and gradient.

Hope this post will reach the right people,
Thank You,
Milenko

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe wants all product suggestions posted in the official feedback forum:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Product developers read everything posted there, but rarely participate here, which is primarily a user-to-user forum.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK,

tnx John

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TL;DR - Add Luma vs Saturation curve to Lightroom

Hey there everyone!

I work for a production company full time and do photography on the side, and one feature that I can't believe Lightroom doesn't have that most, if not all NLE's (and even photoshop) is the ability to adjust Luma vs Saturation

I am certainly not a colorist, but one adjustment that I regularly make is slight desaturation in the speculator highlights and blacks, allowing me to push the colors a bit further and getting better color depth. 

Other than routing every single picture through photoshop, is there any way to achieve this through Lightroom (even a third party plugin)? If not, I would love to see this in updated versions of Lightroom and Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Derik5FC3, LR 11's new Masking tool has Luminance Range, which will let you change the saturation of specific ranges of luminance. Have you tried it?

Votes

Translate

Translate